• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Thread

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
  • https://www.pokebeach.com/news/0206/manafi_diamondpearl.jpg

Thanks to Navarr of the PoKéQuesT Project for the scan.

Well I must say, it looks like a Chao from Sonic. I think it's the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of D/P. The 3 Shadows look interesting. According to translations from other people, The first one is a new fish Pokemon, which could be the baby form of Mantine. The second one says something about how it has a split tail. Possibly brand new. The 3rd one is holding a musical note. I think it might be the evo of Farfetch'd. Enjoy.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    King Shuckle said:
    I think it's the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of D/P. The 3 Shadows look interesting. According to translations from other people, The first one is a new fish Pokemon, which could be the baby form of Mantine. The second one says something about how it has a split tail. Possibly brand new. The 3rd one is holding a musical note. I think it might be the evo of Farfetch'd. Enjoy.
    Your probably dead on with thinking that Pokemon is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of D/P. As for the 3 shadowed Pokemon, I say your probably right on the 1st one and the 3rd one as I too when looking at it thought it was an evolution of Farfetch'd. As for the 2nd one it probably is a new Pokemon and if I had to guess it looks a bit like a worm so it might be a new Bug type in D/P though I could be wrong as they often make some creative looking Pokemon so it really could be any type.

Years
  • I'm still not sure what exactly to think of it...I think it's cute, but I also think it's somewhat odd (which was my initial reaction to it). I didn't even see the Chao resemblance until someone else mentioned it to me a little while ago. ^_^;

My interest is mostly on that bird-like shadow, though - I really want to see the pokemon behind that. My first thought upon seeing it was that it reminded me of a parrot, and a parrot pokemon is something I would love to see in the games. Guess I'll have to wait to see for certain, though. Bah.

Aikyou

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2006
    Time for my opinions and such, hah.

Water Thingy that Hatches from the Egg:
    I like it. It's cute, it's small, it's water, and such. I usually don't have a problem with these Mew/Celebi/Jirachi Pokémon, so it's okay. If this is right, he shall be Psychic-typed too, afterall, all others were. Unless Gamefreak is going... freakish, and twisting our Pokémoned minds. (Imagine if they did like a Legendary Quintuple instead of a Trio? Woah.)

Mantine-like new thing:
    Nice. I like Mantine, so an evo/pre-evo wouldn't hurt. Although I'm getting pretty tired from these new Pokémon (Only 2 weren't evos/pre-evos: Rukario and this new thing) so I'm kinda disapointed. But let's see... If it's Mantine's evolution, I demand attached Octilleries!

The Two-Tail Thingy:
    No crap! Flaaffy got a new path to follow, other than Ampharos! ...Ok, but it does looks like Flaaffy. Or Slowking. Or Flaaking. Maybe they'll introduce a Pokémon-Merging system, bwahaha. I really hope they don't.

The Bird-like thing with a thing that looks like a Scythe:
    I don't care if they say it's a musical note. For me, it's a stupid scythe. Wait, if I'm right about the Poké-Merging... GASP! SCYTHER x SPEAROW! ...I prefer to believe in a Farfetch'd Evolution this time...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Aww! The little blue one is cute, but I do sort of see the resemblence to the Chaos in Sonic so it doesn't look quite as original to me... As for the others, these are my opinions on them:

# 1 - I can't think of anything to compare it to except Mantine, so I'm guessing they're related.

# 2 - I'm almost convinced that's a seal Pokémon! If you look closely you can see that it appears to have front flippers or something, and just look at the tail and the shape of its head. Maybe those weird things around the neck are to make it look sort of clown-ish or something. (You know how seals always perform at sea parks and stuff!) I bet that's what it is.

# 3 - I have no earthly idea of what to say to that. I guess I'll just say that I hope it resembles a parrot!

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Aikyou said:
    Water Thingy that Hatches from the Egg:
    I like it. It's cute, it's small, it's water, and such. I usually don't have a problem with these Mew/Celebi/Jirachi Pokémon, so it's okay. If this is right, he shall be Psychic-typed too, afterall, all others were. Unless Gamefreak is going... freakish, and twisting our Pokémoned minds. (Imagine if they did like a Legendary Quintuple instead of a Trio? Woah.)
    The Two-Tail Thingy:
    No crap! Flaaffy got a new path to follow, other than Ampharos! ...Ok, but it does looks like Flaaffy. Or Slowking. Or Flaaking. Maybe they'll introduce a Pokémon-Merging system, bwahaha. I really hope they don't.
    Well, its egg is a bit weird. Kind of reminds me what Deoxys came out of/formed around. As for it being a Water type well Jirachi and Celebi both had secondary types so it being Water/Psychic wouldn't be too farfetched.

As for the two tail thing being another evolution of Flaffy, when I looked at it Flaffy did come to mind so I wouldn't totally rule out that possibility. And as for it being related to Slowking, after looking at it the top could be a helmet/crown thing like Slowking has so it could be another evolution of Slowpoke or an evolution of Slowking. Though like I said before it looks like a worm but after looking at it a bit more it looks like it could be a lizard.

Also like to say the first shadowed figure looks like it could be a flying bug Pokemon though since the translation says its a Water type that idea is kind of crushed unless maybe it will be a Water/Bug type which be interesting.

All in all they are shadowed so there forms are very subjective so we all could be wrong except maybe for the 3rd shadowed figure who is obviously looking to be the evolution of Farfetch'd.

Last edited:

Aikyou

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2006
    phunboy said:
    Well, its egg it a bit weird. Kind of what Deoxys came out of/formed around. As for it being a Water type well Jirachi and Celebi both had secondary types and so it being Water/Psychic wouldn't be farfetched.

As for the two tail thing being another evolution of Flaffy, when I looked at it Flaffy did come to mind so I wouldn't totally rule out that possibility. And as for it being related to Slowking, after looking at it the top could be a helmet/crown thing like Slowking so it could be another evolution of maybe Slowpoke or an evolution of Slowking. Though like I said before it looks like a worm though after looking at it a bit more it looks like it could be a lizard.

Also like to say the first shadowed figure looks like it could be a flying insect Pokemon though since the translation says its a Water type that idea is kind of crushed though maybe it will be a Water/Insect which be interesting.

I didn't say it wouldn't be Water. I said it would be dual-typed.

Yes, there's a possibility of we getting another Slow"thing". Who knows? I wonder what would happen if a Cloyster bit a Slowpoke's head... And, seriously, it doesn't looks like a bug to me. Really doesn't.

We have Surskit as a Water/Bug type. For me, it is a kine/manta ray, so it is somewhat related to Mantine. (Or to Kyogre..? Nah.)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • It just makes me wonder though. So far, Slowpoke can evolve with a Shellder on it's head, and a Shellder on it's tail. Perhaps it has an evo where Shellder is not even involved? Perhaps that middle Pokemon is yet another evo for Slowpoke.

Last edited:
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    King Shuckle said:
    It just makes me wonder though. So far, Slowking can evolve with a Shellder on it's head, and a Shellder on it's tail. Perhaps it has an evo where Shellder is not even involved? Perhaps that middle Pokemon is yet another evo for Slowpoke.
    Maybe it would be if Slowpoke was bitten by another Water Pokemon like say Clamperl as it seem perfect as its just like Shellder.

Aikyou

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2006
    King Shuckle said:
    It just makes me wonder though. So far, Slowking can evolve with a Shellder on it's head, and a Shellder on it's tail. Perhaps it has an evo where Shellder is not even involved? Perhaps that middle Pokemon is yet another evo for Slowpoke.

Yes. We're yet to see an Evolution not Shellder related, or maybe even another Pokémon + Slowpoke evolution.
    Now that we mentioned it... wow, it looks like a Gorebyss is wrapping a Double-Tail'd Slowpoke... Or I need some sleep.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Hmmmm...
    I think the lil' water creature is cute, though it doesn't really look "Pokemonish" to me. I agree with the first poster; it sorta looks like something out of Sonic! XD
    The bird with the scythe/flag interests me, it looks like it could be a cool Pokemon! :) Not sure what to make of the other two...the second definitely looks like it's standing on its haunches and might be a cute Pokemon...:) The first...almost impossible to tell! XD

--FG

Roffle

Banned
    Years
  • I reckon the bird Pokemon is like a Pirate captain's parrot. Might be evolving from Farfetch'd maybe..

That 2nd silihoutte seems to be like a lizard but you might be right with another path for Flaaffy..so far it really seems to be Evo and Pre-Evo bonanza!

BluePhoenix

http://www.pokefusion.com
    Years
  • All these new pokemons look so cute =D
    The chao looking pokemon is really cute. As for the first shadow I think it can be a evolution of either Mantine OR Sharpedo. Don't know why it kinda looks like Sharpedo XD As for the other ones they might be just new pokemon and not evolutions XD

Roffle

Banned
    Years
  • Thats what I also thought.

the 2nd one being a frill neck lizard with a steel ring like thing around its neck

3rd one the pirate parrot..

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • i think the middle one looks like a dolphin... :P and third looks like a parrot. The first one looks too much like mantine... hehehe

maybe it is mantine, and the editors of the magazine totally forgot about him... and they are trying to trick us... make us go insane "Oh no!"

the parrot, possably has the ability to sing, or have something to do with music as it has a note looking head. i don't think it is an evolved pokemon though, but will possably have an evolution! remeber, we knew about zigzagoon before we even imagined linoone - but who knows... *hint hint* *hint*satoshi Tajiri... dah? he invented them... and ken sugimori, as he probably drew those pokemon that the silouette is silouetting? *hint* *hint**hint*!

i also think the middle on is an evolved form of a new diamond and pearl pokemon... hopefully a fire water dolphin evolution or something along those lines...! Again with the linoone thingy, we knew about pelipper way before wingul! so, i think it will be an evolved Pokémon... I image a dolphin that stands on 2 finns.. :P and the balls glow? hehehe... ok, or not! but yeah.. a dolphin sounds cool! - we need one

I once imagined a baby of wailmer! And it did look like the first sillouette, so ill draw my interpretations of these 3 and make my self look like a total nut and dork when they are actually revealed and they look absolutly nothing like what i imagined! BUt i do stay with the thought of a baby of Mantine! It seems really bubbly and cute and SIMPLE (as in, basic shapes) to be an evolved pokemon... and it is too TOO much like mantine to be a whole new thingy!

Hopefully this could be our FIRST actual 'WATER' baby pokemon (remeber, azuril is normal, not water)!!!

this new one that is revealed though:

"Manafi"

it is really cute! Im gonna be making a Manafi ex in a second coz this thing is just screeming: "IM cute!!! DRAW ME!!!" seriosly... i can hear it now!
    I think a Psychic/Water legendary! It possably floats in mid air! :P May befriends it but has to let it go, and she has a huge cry and some nice melodic tune is heard in the background.... hehehe! too much like Jirachi Wish maker! Possably close relation to the scientists in the lab at the start of the first ever movie 9 trailer??? maybe they work on it,??? hmm, or.. who knows,,... kyogre tries to protect it, and ends up fighting the pokemon ranger and it all begins to get dramatic then... it realises ash and co are friends... blah blah blah! so predictable!

hehehe.. joking...

this is the biggest post i have ever done... woah! INSANE!

but yeah, i reccon this movie is gonna be tones better than Myuu to hyado no Yuusha - Rukario! :)

yeah.. peace out dudes! (and girls) :)

hehehe - pat on back

EDIT: WHAT about a evolution of LUVDISC! i just noticed their resemblances...? ok, no :( hehehe :)

Back