• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Through Umbreon Eyes

Rin-Rin

RUG HEADS! :3
Years
For those of you who didn't know, I am not a fraud: I am SPon11. Few of you may know of the story Through Espeon Eyes (my friends went insane over it) but I have decided to create a new FanFiction based on the same story but from a different point of view. You don't have to neccesarily have to read Through Espeon Eyes in order to understand this story, but it would balance out your thoughts, I guess. Anyways, this story is in a different point of view. Fans of the other Fic might understand whos point of view...instead of the story being told by Sunlight the Espeon, it's told by her love: Moonlight the Umbreon. I thought it would be a good experience if you knew what Moonlight went through...

Here goes!

Through Umbreon Eyes

Chapter I
<A Night of Simple Pleasures>

My name is Moonlight. I named myself. Why? I never knew my mother. I never knew my father. As far as I know, they either died or forgot about me. I was born in the winter, so it's most likely that my father ran away as soon as he discovered my mother was pregnant and my mother died at giving me birth. After all, who would abandon a little Eevee in the snow? That doesn't matter these days, though. I have a name which means I am someone. I have a life.

I'm an Umbreon. Yes, it is unusual for an Eevee to evolve out in the wild. A typical Umbreon would be living in a little house with a human, evolved by pure happiness in the night. Not me. I found extreme happiness the second I saw her. I soon as I saw her, my heart leapt and I evolved.

It was a tingling sensation, evolving. I was glad it was a silent process, too. If it was followed with a large bang, I would be doomed and wake the sleeping princess.

Who is "she", you ask? This "princess" I keep rambling on about? She is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes upon, that's what she is. An Espeon. A sleeping Espeon I spy on night-by-night. When she sleeps, I cannot help but feel this ever blessed feeling. Her face is so sad...whenever I am in her presence, I feel nothing but deep sorrow fill my heart. Something tells me that I should act. I should somehow comfort her. But how? Love? Is that the answer? Love?

No. It isn't. Love is never the answer. She is merely a beautiful panting which sleeps silently under the lone tree and on the hard rock. She is of day and I am of night. She lives in the meadow, I live in the forest. She is a female and I am a male.

Yet, I still looked at her, obsessed of her sensational sorrow. That night, when I was prowling along in the woods, a Feebas firmly clamped in my jaws, I had decided to give her a gift. A sliver a food wood cheer her up. What was I thinking? I had never even seen her awake! I didn't even know her.

With that, I swallowed the small fish myself. I still felt the need to see her and comfort her. I peeped through the bushed and saw her yet again on the rock under the lone tree...sleeping with the saddest of all faces upon her. The gem on her forehead glinted and I knew that was a sign. She sensed me. Her body shifted and her eyes opened into slits.

I was so stupid. I finally had the chance to talk to her...to show her that I existed. I also had the chance to cherish the moment of seeing her awake. But no. What I had to do was follow my stupid instincts and scamper away like a scared dog, back into the woods where I belonged.

I just had to meet her...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

It may be short, but everyone will be alright ^^;

Last edited:

Kurono

Remember?
Years
It really seems like a mixture of pokemon and human emotions, but it seems appropriate..I loved how you put detail into your writing. It also leaves me in a bit of suspense.. I can't wait for the next one.

ClappySeel!

la la oh no spongebob bus
Years
Woo hoo i found it. Awsome that is better than through espeon eyes.i thought you said you wre going to make a story about an eevee.this still rocks though.and yes this is the true ble SPon11. having seen her go on both her spon11 name and hewr rin-rin name. ha i think this is the most i eveer wrote except in that rp i made that sucked.Yay 4 rininator the spoon.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
It's short, but we get the point. I really like it. I've pretty much decided to drop Vaporeon Dreams, so I'll check this out from now on. n_n

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
It's Spoon! :0 (I acutally am one of the few people who got the whole SPon11 thing. O.o). This is very well written, at least to me. O_o Can't wait to read more. ^^

Rin-Rin

Years
Great news! I'll be on everyday now! Okey-dokey, next entry.

Chapter II
A Night of Greeting

It was the next night and I didn't bother to eat. I was still haunted by the constant thoughts of the beautiful sleeping Espeon...the beautiful sleeping Espeon moving...and waking up. What if I visited her again? Would she recognize my scent and instantly awaken? I had to make sure that she was still there. I...wanted to protect her. I wanted to be her guardian.

That was stupid. I didn't even know her. How could I protect her? But, even though these thoughts swam through my head, and peeked through the bushes yet again to see the Espeon. To my astonishment, she was wide awake...looking at the moon. He body was sleek and slim, curved gently across the waning gibbous. I suddenly felt a serene yet sorrowful happiness run through me. I could do this! I could speak to her! I suddenly felt this bravery leap up in me. I was dominant over her...she would allow me to cross across her territory and she wouldn't mind, you know?

So, without further ado, I prowled casually out of the bushes. She instantly caught sight of me, not looking at my eyes. I figured she couldn't see my well camouflaged body. "Funny seeing an Espeon like you out." And instinct inside of me slurred out.

Her eyes held fearful shock, and she was lost for words. Her mouth was gaping open. I couldn't help but savor her irresistible beauty. She may have been scared, but I loved it...

"I was..." She began, but nothing came out. I smiled at her fear. It was beautiful. I stuck to being as casual as I could.

"I thought they were the type that frolic in the daytime meadows." I went on. "We Umbreon are ones of the nighttime meadows."

She smiled weakly, as if I would attacked if she moved at all. She tried yet again to look into my eyes, but couldn't find them. It was far too dark. For a pokemon who wasn't nocturnal. I just remembered that she was the one that all the trainers were looking for because of her rarity. No one ever saw an Espeon out in the wild, nor did they see an Umbreon out in the wild, but I wasn't as vivid as her.

"You must be that Espeon that everyone wants to catch." I said. "You know it's hard to find things like us out here. Did you have a trainer once?"

He brow furrowed and she defiantly snapped, "Never..."

I loved how fiesty she was. She was a firecracker! By her expressions and all the emotions emitting from her, I fell even more in love with her...it was love...

"Then how did you evolve with such sorrowness?" I asked, truly curious and wanting to keep are partly interesting conversation going.

She looked around nervously and stuttered. "I-I was born an Espeon..."

I laughed heartily. I real, healthy laugh. "Born an Espeon? Why that's impossible!"

"N-no it isn't..." She stuttered ever so nervously, seeming to break out into tears of all her frustration built up inside.

I made a short "hm" through my nose and smiled. I went off, knowing my work was done. As I walked away, I rubbed my tail affectionately against her cheek. I could feel her questionably stare at me as I walked back into the brush.

I was in love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still short, but to the point.

Rin-Rin

Years
Wow, interesting change in sig and such, Saphira Oo Creepy.

Chapter III
The Mystic

I couldn't sleep that day. I had the thoughts stirring mirthilessly that I steered her into hating me completely. I acted in such an instinctive way, it made me sound snotty and prideful. What if she didn't like that? Why--oh why--was the life of love so depriving? I couldn't seem to get it straight!

"That does it." I said coldly to myself. "I'm going out! I'm going to speak with her! I need to know her!"

A flock of pidgey flew away from their perch in a disgruntled way at my last sentence. I sighed and shook my head, looking down at my front paws. What's the use? I thought to myself. What will I earn?

"Many things..." An airy voice came out in a whisper. I halted my breathing and looked around. "Who's there?" I asked the branches of the boughs. I squinted from left to right, for the sunrays hurt my eyes. I was never used to the daylight hours.

Something stirred in the trees, but silently. I looked in the direction in where the sound came from and jumped. A light green figure was perched elegantly on a branch, it's slender and sinuous body arched.

"I am here." It had said. In an amazing movement I could not follow, he twirled down from the tree and rushed pass me. I spun my head around to look at the peculiar creature, but instead I noticed something else. The tip of my tail had been cut off. Only the fur, though.

"What was that for?" I asked the creature. The strange and agile pokemon had managed to climb back into the canopy, not allowing me to see him completely. "Why'd you cut my tail?"

"It's a warning. Didn't you notice?" The voice chuckled. "You're Moonlight, are you not?"

"I am." I replied. I was not at all baffled that he knew my name. I was widely known among all of Kanto. "Why do you ask?"

"Word has it you're in love." He told me. I was baffled by this. How could that get out?

"Where did you learn this?" I snapped. "I am not in love...love is stupid."

"Then why do you think of it?" Finally, the talker revealed themself in front of me. It was a grovyle. And he was not at all a he. It was a she.

"Do you bear the gift of foresight?" I asked. She nodded. She held in front of me a ruby-red jewel.

"This is the gem of the Espeon, my dear Moonlight." She told me. "My grandsire had slain one decades ago. But it was of a wicked one. This one knew of no good." She dropped in on the ground. "You will need it. I have no important use of it."

"Me?" I asked, perplexed. "But...why me?"

"When you can read ones mind and see the future, you are engrossed with wisdom. You will be able to understand what love is. You will know how to harness it." She nodded her head towards the meadow to the east. "She, however, already bears it."

"How to I carry it?" I asked as the Grovyle leaped off. She looked at me wisely from her branch on the tree.

"Eat it." She said, and she was off.

Rin-Rin

Years
That's a really cute avatar, Marsy!

Chapter IV
The Vision (Ooooooooh....)

I was left with the absent sent of maple leaves and the absent thought of what to do. This red jewel glinted on the ground in front of me, staring at me with its malevolent shine. Eat it, she said. Eat an inedible thing...it was a hard choice.

I took it in my teeth and swallowed. It felt like swallowing a smooth stone. A weary feeling came over me and I became restless. The thoughts which overcame me were not stupid thoughts or worrying...but of moving pictures. There was the sun...a dashing figure in the mess of trees...a large horde of pinser...

The images became clearer and clearer...The sun became brighter...the leaves on the trees became more noticeable...the dashing figure turned light amethyst...

And then, I realized...the dashing figure was my love...the Espeon. I took off to the east, knowing immediately where to go. The gem led me...I knew exactly where...I knew how to do everything...I had to find her...

The eastern woods...I rushed into the deep eastern woods, far deeper and more dangerous than the western woods. There I saw my love padding along the woods, unharmed. She didn't hear me or notice I was near. I merely saw her from afar, pecking at some oran berries. What was she doing...? Did she not see what was about to happen to her?

She walked deeper into the woods. It baffled me that she was even walking. I watched her body move so elegantly...such grace. The worry it led me to I couldn't help. She was to be chased! Chased by a herd of Pinser!

I wanted to call out, but something in me jerked me back. "No!" It said. "Let it be!"

I wanted to scream out at the voice, but it wouldn't listen...I had to listen to it. It was the gem...I knew it was. I felt it glowing in my stomach.

She flitted around in the grass. I was sweating. I was overcome with fear of her death. I didn't want her to die. I didn't want this foresight! I didn't want to eat the jewel...it all happened so quickly...

Then the rumbling noises came. My heart leapt. This was it. I heard the cries of the Pinser...the menacing, terrible cries. Their feet trampled the ground and brought up dust as they went. My love spun around, her ears curved back and her eyes narrowed. She noticed the herd and ran, her limbs blurring in the process. I went after her.

We both ran, me following behind her so she could not notice me. I didn't want her to know I was spying on her. She brought herself to a crevice and looked deep down into the hole. I watched her head spin back to the Pinser charging after her.

No... I thought. She can't jump...this can't all end in suicide!

She jumped. I screamed to the air and piercing yowl and dove after her body in mid-air. I shoved her down...down...down...

----------------​

Wha~hoo! This is fun! Ah, the good old days of cliffhangyness...

Years
SPOON! Good, took my advice in old TEE huh? So, wheres the butter. And that is a true cliffhanger, if there ever was one. A cliff-likeish drop.
Well, you're back.
btw, does anyone else have IMVU, here?

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
Yeah, I sorta felt like changing my sig, and... Well, you know.

*grabs popcorn and butter* THE BUTTER WARS HAVE RETURNED!!!

A-nyways, that really was a cliffhanger... Or a cliffdrop.... Or a cliffalmostsuiciderescuethingy.... Yeah... O_o' I really like these chapters. They're short, to the point, and they have plenty of detail. Saphi ish sitting here thinking, NOOOO! Don't end THERE!!! Gah, Spoon, I eat you.

Rin-Rin

Years
dark_espeon said:
Yeah, I sorta felt like changing my sig, and... Well, you know.

*grabs popcorn and butter* THE BUTTER WARS HAVE RETURNED!!!

A-nyways, that really was a cliffhanger... Or a cliffdrop.... Or a cliffalmostsuiciderescuethingy.... Yeah... O_o' I really like these chapters. They're short, to the point, and they have plenty of detail. Saphi ish sitting here thinking, NOOOO! Don't end THERE!!! Gah, Spoon, I eat you.
But you know what happens. You read Through Espeon Eyes!

Chapter V
The Great Day

I felt the rush of deceased leaves rush across my face. I was winded and out of breath. My chest was to her chest and her eyes were locked tight, her chest heaving restlessly up and down. I caught my breath and uttered, "So, we meet again..."

Her eyes plinked open and my heart leapt from her gorging, endless amethyst eyes. She jerked in my grip.

"No need to be timid," I said, "I just saved your life."

I heard the Pinser screeching and howling as they fell of the cliff, stupidly. She looked in that direction in fear. It added a strangely great effect to the romantic scene.

"I don't think we properly introduced ourselves." I purred. "I'm Moonlight."

She hesitated, her mouth gaping slighly. "I...I don't have a name."

Poor girl... I thought. She must've lost her parents too...but drowned in her depression...

"Well..." I looked deep into her eyes. "Make one up."

I felt her chest heave gently up and down against mine. She took a large breath and whispered, "I'm...Sunlight."

I smiled at that. "Hm. I think people will think we're twins." I got off of her and laughed whole-heartedly. With all my heart. It wasn't fake. I laughed my heart away. It surprised me thought...she started laughing too.

~*~​

The day was beautiful. The future was bright. The sun was bright. The Beautifly and Butterfree glittered in the brightness. We chased them, giggling in such giddy ways, passerby thought us as mad. But it was obvious: we were in love. And I knew that she loved me and she knew that I loved her. It was wonderful!

I knew it. Love was right. Love was the thing that kept a soul alive. She needed it. I needed it. We both needed it. That's why we were destined to meet. We had our differences, but we had our many simialarities.

The sun had had it's time and prepared to descend behind the rolling hills. We lay down comfortably on the grass and cuddled next to eachother, grooming eachother behind the ears. It was comforting. The sun was beautiful with the tickle-me-pink clouds and the tropical watercolors of bright orange and periwinkle.

"Moonlight..." Sunlight spoke. I turned to her. She had an intoxicated look upon her face. "This is the best moment of my days."

I chuckled in my throat. "I would have never guessed..."

"Moonlight..." She repeated in the same tone as before. "I love you, too..."

She licked me on the cheek. I felt her wet face as she rubbed against mine. "I'll never forget this day!" She cried behind her tears.

Wah~hoo! Lovey-dovey power! xD

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
^o^ Eeeee! How cute!! *emotionless disposition returns* Nice story, Riny. They do get better. And yes, even though I've read the other story, I wanna know what happens to Moonlight. o.o

*happy again*

BUTTER!!! *attacks butter and orders 5 truckloads of popcorn for everyone*

Rin-Rin

Years
dark_espeon said:
^o^ Eeeee! How cute!! *emotionless disposition returns* Nice story, Riny. They do get better. And yes, even though I've read the other story, I wanna know what happens to Moonlight. o.o

*happy again*

BUTTER!!! *attacks butter and orders 5 truckloads of popcorn for everyone*
I finally made it to your friends list, I see. Wha~hoo! Cliffhanynessafying!

Chapter VI
The Capture

We both stared at the sun, unblinking as it sunk beneath the hills. My eyes began to water, but had no energy to blink. Sunlight lay purring next to me, about to fall into deep sleep. I licked the top of her head.

"You know, Sunlight, I'll never let anything happen to you...I'll always be with you." I told her. I finally could protect her. I had fulfilled my dream...

I felt the wet fur on her face as she rubbed against me. She wept of joy. "You won't sleep in the day?"

"Never..." I replied. "Being with you is just the same..."

As a dream...I finished in my mind. I pecked her with my nose on her cheek.

Her tone reverted to a more serious one. "I'm not going to mate you, if that's what you're thinking."

I laughed. "No. I hate Eevee..."

She moved her way on top of my back and closed her eyes. She hugged me comfortably. I smiled and fell to sleep.

(I bet you know what's coming, Saphi...hehe...)​

I woke up in the night to a delicious scent. It was a fantastic scent...it smelled of tender beef. I scrunched my way carefully out of Sunlight's grasp and started trotting off towards the smell. I hadn't eaten in a while, and since I gained my spirit back, I had the will to eat.

The scent carried me to the woods. I followed the trail still, following my nose. I kept traveling east and saw a hunk of beef in the center of a brush of leaves. The sight of the slab of meat intrigued me, but then I thought of Sunlight. Didn't I promise...to protect her? Yes...I thought. But she would love it if I brought back breakfast.

I crept up to the chunk of meat and bit my teeth in, but I regret what I did.

Clang! The sound of metal crashing against metal ringed in my ears. Wind rushed though my fur and leaves were in a cloud around me. In horror, I discovered the reality of the situation. I was in a cage...it was a trap.

The meat was still clamped firmly in my jaws. I looked around in fear, my heart pounding. My body sunk to the floor as the cage heaved up into the sky by chain. I felt this gathering feeling in my lungs and my jaws opened wider than ever in a howling cry of anguish.

"SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!"

You see? Instead of "MOOOOOOONLIIIIIIIIIIGHT!" It's vice versa. Comical, ey? xD

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
MOONLIGHT!!! SUNLIGHT!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!
Omg, it's as great as the first! I love it! I love it! :) :) :)

And also :).

Back