• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Okay, the old thread was all cluttered and a complete mess. I felt it was time for a change. This time with rules to keep everything in order.

What is allowed in this thread:
-Requesting for somebody to post a chip/charset or other resources that can be ripped straight from games.
-Requesting a tutorial or where to find them
-Asking how to to perform 'simple' actions
-Asking where to get certain programs to help with your game making ie Sprite Converter
-Asking for help when your code isn't working correctly

What isn't allowed in this thread:
-Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
-Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
-Asking for someone to give you one of the above
-Requesting warez
-Asking for someone to post their own code

When you're asking for help, go into as much detail as possible when describing what the problem is or what you want to know. There's nothing worse than trying to help someone when they've only given a brief description. If you can't be bothered to explain thoroughly, don't expect people to bother to reply.

And remember, no asking for custom stuff. Those requests never get replied to and just clog up the thread.

I will try to edit this post with the most common questions and answers to prevent people asking/requesting the same stuff time and time again.

And any posts that don't stick to these rules will be deleted. Let's see if this makes the thead more manageable.

--------------------------------------

Useful links

RPG Maker XP
www.rmxp.net
www.dubealex.com

RPG Maker XP
http://raichu.s41.xrea.com/poke/charset/index.html

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
w00t! A new and clean thread. XD

These answers are quoted from the old one. :)

youngotaku said:
On RMXP,when i opened my project, my maps were suddenly an extremely small size on every map(20 x 15?) as a default for every project and every chipset. i know i can change size under map properties but that didnt work too well so is there any way i can change the defualt size back to normal? And i wasnt on 1/2 or 1/4 of the map by the way it was 1/1.

You mean default or your already made maps? If default, it's meant like that.

yuoaman said:
I want to make a game with RMXP but I do not understand a thing about it do you have any tutorials that will show me?

Try www.rmxp.net or its forums. Maybe as well as www.dubealex.com (and it's forums).

EDIT: Lol, you added the links on the first post XD

Last edited:

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Hi, i was woundering if anyone out there could get or have the Lava Auto tile from Mt Pyre in R/S/E ?

Thx

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
I need help, whenever I use the input name command on RMXP then all the letters go invisible, I've tried editing the script but that doesn't work, can someone help me?:(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
@datriot when the guys were translating rmxp they made mistakes translating the name input script and they made a mess of it so you cant see the letters.

does any matrix tilesets?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
In your Window_Base script, find ...

Code:
def normal_color
return Color.new(96, 96, 96, 255)
end

and change the numbers. (I'm assuming black is 255,255,255,255)

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
datriot said:
I need help, whenever I use the input name command on RMXP then all the letters go invisible, I've tried editing the script but that doesn't work, can someone help me?:(
What you need to do is go to Windows_Base in the scripts and look at line 79 it should look like..
Code:
return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
change it to.
Code:
return Color.new(10, 5, 10, 255)
What this will do is change the color of the text to black so the text will be visible or you can change the window skin to a more darker skin.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
Jeff_PKLight said:
In your Window_Base script, find ...

Code:
def normal_color
end

and change the numbers. (I'm assuming black is 255,255,255,255)
actually, jeff,
Code:
def normal_color
end
this color is black / grey :P
(0,0,0,255) would be 100% black

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Webmaster Tyler said:
How do you make a movie and a map for games
You make a map, using the built-in map editor in the game makers. Movie... er, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back