• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Purple

What do you think of this game?

• Amazing!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Quite Good

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • It's OK

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Not good at all...

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Terrible!

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof Plum

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hi! If you are a member of the Serebii forums, you may well know me. If not, I have been posting quite a lot here for the last month regarding games etc. so you may know me from here. Anyway, I am here to show you my new Pokemon game, one that I have now been planning for a few months and have started developing quite recently. It is made in Rm2k3, what I find to be the best RPG Maker there is. (RMXP is good, but I prefer 2003) So, let's get down to business:

------STORY------
It was 1 year after the time when Hiro became pokemon champion of Johto and Kanto, and still more pokemon were being discovered. In the polluted Saffron City, in Kanto, the Yew family were moving to a new region, the main area for the new pokemon discovery. This area was known as ROATTE, full of bright trainers, high hopes and fantastic scenery. Professor Yew, formerly one of Prof. Oak's Aides, was the reason for this. He had gained a promotion from Oak to be the new ROATTE pokemon professor. His two sons, PURPLE (you) and ORANGE (your rival) had mixed views on this. It would be a new experience, one that also meant PURPLE and his brother could start their own new pokemon journeys, traveling over mountains, across the seas, through caves and forests, bonding with their pokemon and battling GYM leaders. This was both their ambitions in life, but then again, they would still lose all their Saffron City friends.
And so the day came when they left their noisy city lives. They traveled north to Cerulean, and up to the Sea north of there, where they surfed on the back of a Lapras all the way into the great bay of Roatte. When they arrived at Pebble Town, they unpacked, about to start their new lives. And PURPLE was about to start on his biggest dream...

Note: Those are just the default names of the characters. You do get to change the name of you and your rival at the start of the game.

------FEATURES------
-A new region, the Roatte region (I might make it so that you can travel to Kanto at the end of the game, but I'm not making any promises)
-Many new pokemon
-A rival, Gym leaders, Elite Four members and Champion who actually live up to their names this time (they are more difficult)
-All new trainers, Gym Leaders, etc.
-CBS, not DBS
-CMS (obviously)
-New Charsets and Sprites for male/female hero, plus many others.
-A new Mobile Phone, including a Jukebox (where you can choose the music you listen to while you play) Map, Radio (possibly) and the ability to call many of the different people you meet during the game.
-System whereby the hero always stands in the middle of the map (not present in most games)
-And much, much more

------SCREENSHOTS------
screen12tm.jpg

Don't you agree?

screen28dl.jpg

He asks you whether or not you like Pebble Town, and you say yes. Then he rewards you for some reason... (btw, I know one of the water tiles is a bit messed up but the tileset I'm using can't bend round that way. I'm going to edit it later)

screen31pt.jpg

This is the new cave at the beginning on the game. It is the nest of one of this game's new unrevealed pokemon.

screen41yy.jpg

Choosing one of the pokeballs.

screen50uo.jpg

These two block the way to Route 47, and are arguing about fighting types.

------THIS WEEK'S SILHOUETTE------
Every week (on Saturdays) I will provide a Silhouette of one of the pokemon in the game. The next week I will reveal the pokemon and tell you a bit about it.

Week 1 Silhouette:
sil10uv.jpg

I think it's quite easy to guess what this is, but have a go, you might not get it.

Thanks for reading this. Any comments?

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
looks cool but the purplish system looks kinda strange But thats part of the game right?:)
anyway GOOD LUCK

Prof Plum

Pokemon Professor
Years
DarkDoom3000 said:
looks cool but the purplish system looks kinda strange But thats part of the game right?:)
anyway GOOD LUCK
Yeah, that is part of the game. The message box is only temporary, I'll come up with a better one when I get round to it.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
Years
The message box looks nice. I just don't like the hero's charset. No offence, but I feel it just doesn't feel right with the others. Other than that, great game!

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
The story doesn't really amaze me that much, since it's quite similar to the real Pokemon games.

The screens are great, but just two things. Maybe you want to add more to your cave, and maybe change the message box.

Good luck with this game! :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
It's nice to see new games popping up lately. I wish you good luck.

Prof Plum

Pokemon Professor
Years
Jeff_PKLight said:
The story doesn't really amaze me that much, since it's quite similar to the real Pokemon games.

The screens are great, but just two things. Maybe you want to add more to your cave, and maybe change the message box.

Good luck with this game! :)
The cave in the shot is supposed to be a small, quite plain area with nothing much in it. Plus, I already said the message box was temporary. I know the story is similar to the real pokemon games, but that is actually quite intentional as you will soon discover.

Thanks for the comments.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Well, even though it's a small cave, maybe you could throw in some rocks? (You can see Peekimon's tut on caves if you want)

The features also looks pretty interesting. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
Jeff also said even if it is a small cave. This I think meaning it doesn't matter if it is small a bit of spicing up is needed. And that's waht pp has done. Once he has sorted out the tile errors it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back