• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Impact: Series 2

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Here it is! The (not-so) long awaited series 2 of Pokemon Impact! For those of you who haven't read the first one yet click on Series 1 link in my sig.

The rating is PG to PG13

Episode 1: The request

Chapter 1:

A man with silver hair and long purple jacket was walking down a street. He stopped next to a television shop and saw a tall man in black leather clothing on television. The man in black was none other than Black Jack. He was shaking hands with another person half his size, wearing a blue jacket, black gloves and a red hat. That other person?s name was Ash Ketchum. They became Joint Hoenn League champions at that time.

The man with silver hair smiled in an evil way as he saw Black Jack. ?Black Jack?? he said to himself. ?He has proven to be very formidable.?

Six months later, Ash was back in his home region, Kanto, while Black Jack continued travelling around the world.

Ash and Pikachu were walking towards Cerulean Gym, where Misty, Ash?s girlfriend, had important news for him.

Six months back after Black Jack and Ash defeated Mane in a high-staked battle, Ash spoke about the battle and confessed his love to Misty.

She was relieved at that because she also fell in love with him. She was afraid to let him know as she felt that it might ruin their friendship. Sometime later, Ash decided to live at the gym with Misty. His happy mother allowed to him to live, upon agreement that he would sometime visit her to do some cleaning up.

Ash and Pikachu entered the Cerulean Gym where Misty worked as a successful Gym Leader. Upon entry, they saw Misty, who was wearing a white swimsuit with her hair down. ?Hiya, Mist,? he called happily.
?Pikachupi!? Pikachu cried also being happy.

But they also noticed a woman dressed in police uniform. ?Er? Officer Jenny??
?Pika??

Jenny turned round upon hearing. ?Ah, Mr. Ketchum,? she said. ?I need to speak to you privately.?
?Can Misty listen to this?? Ash asked, knowing that Misty also wanted to know what?s going on.
?If she must,? Jenny replied.

They walked Jenny down to the kitchen. They all sat down by the table and had warm drinks, as Jenny was about to explain things to them.

?Before I start, Mr. Ketchum,? Jenny asked. ?Have you heard of a place called the Orre Region??
?Yeah,? Ash replied. ?But I don?t know much about it.?
?The Orre region is dusty and rough place to go to. So rough, that the trainers over there would order their pokemon to attack other trainers. Not many trainers from different regions visit there as it is too dangerous.?

?That?s terrible!? Misty commented.

?A year ago,? Jenny continued. ?A former criminal and former Team Snagem member known as Wes took down the organisation he once belonged to, including Cipher. But recently, this mysterious new organisation called Team Dark came and stole other trainers? pokemon and other merchandise. Wes has disappeared but there were evidences that he was trying to find the leader of that organisation.?

?Wes must be a great trainer to take down an organisation like Team Snagem,? Ash said.

?Wes wasn?t alone, he was often accompanied by a young girl named Rui,? Jenny continued. ?She had this strange ability to identify the pokemon who were being mistreated by their trainers. And then, Wes would use this gadget called the Snagem machine to catch other trainers? pokemon.?

?Steal the pokemon from their trainers?? Ash asked. ?That?s against the rules of pokemon battling isn?t it? Even if the pokemon are being mistreated??

?It is,? Jenny answered. ?But since there are a lot of bad trainers over there, we decided to let Wes go so he can treat the pokemon with care.?

Ash looked back at the time when Charmander, before he evolved into Charizard, joined him because his former trainer never cared about him.

After remembering that event, he went back to the conversation with Jenny. ?So, what can I do to help?? he asked.

?We need you and the selected members of our team to help us find Wes and his accomplice, Rui and help them defeat Team Dark,? Jenny said.

?But if Wes is good enough to take down Team Snagem, I?m totally sure that he would take down this organisation by himself,? Ash said.

?I?m afraid not, the entire police force of that region were using their pokemon to take down the leader but his pokemon beaten ours easily and got away with it without a scratch. I get a feeling that Wes wouldn?t be able to beat him alone.?

Ash looked down on the table. He had reasons to go to the Orre region: a whole new adventure, a whole new challenge, a whole new experience, etc.

But then again he had this doubt in mind, what if this leader of Team Dark is unbeatable? No, he can?t think that way, this is not the way Ash Ketchum thinks!

?So, Mr. Ketchum,? she continued. ?If you will come with me, you will meet the trainers that are also suitable for this job.?
?Alright!? Ash said excitedly. ?I?ll go!?

?Pika!? Pikachu cried happily.

?Great!? Jenny replied. ?We can leave for Vermillion City right away and we?ll leave for the Orre Region tomorrow.?

?Now, wait a minute!? Misty demanded. ?If Ash is going, I?m going too!?

?I?m sorry, ma?am,? Jenny said. ?But this mission is highly too dangerous for you to come.?

?I?ll go,? Ash answered. ?But only if I can take Misty with me.?

Jenny became stunned at what Ash said. Judging by the look on her face, she wasn?t lying when she mentioned that the Orre region was a dangerous place. Then she changed her expression to being calm. ?Alright,? she said. ?But the safety of your friend will be your responsibility.?

?Thank you, officer Jenny,? Ash said. ?I just need to make a call to some people first.?

Ash called Prof. Oak on the videophone. ?Hi, Prof. Oak,? he said. Prof. Oak was a researcher on pokemon. Since the beginning of Ash?s pokemon journey,

?Oh! Ash!? Prof. Oak replied in an interested tone. ?How are things??

?Everything?s fine. Only I have something new to do.?

?Oh? What is that?? Prof. Oak asked, wanting to know.

?I?m going on a mission in the Orre Region.?

Prof. Oak became shocked and startled at Ash?s announcement. ?Ash! A mission in the Orre Region!??

?Something wrong, Professor?? Ash asked.

?Of course there is!? the professor said in protest. ?The Orre region is a rough place and the trainers over there would often command their pokemon to attack humans!?

?I know, Officer Jenny told me about it. Why are you so nervous about it??

?I?ve been there before, doing some research about the pokemon?s habitats. But the pokemon over there were very rough, so I had to cancel my project. By the way, what?s the mission??

Ash explained everything what Officer Jenny told him: The situation happening in the Orre region, the mysterious new criminal organisation Team Dark, the disappearance of Wes and Rui, etc.

?Team Dark? They sound quite mysterious and dangerous?? Prof. Oak said as he placed his finger on his chin. ?But on the other hand, you did become Hoenn and Orange League champion, and you and Black Jack also took down that Team Missile base. By the way, is there a chance that he would be joining you on your mission??

?I don?t know, Professor,? Ash replied, wondering what he was up to recently.

?Well, since you?re to team up with other trainers, then I see no problem letting you go on your new journey.?

?Thanks, Professor,? Ash said in a determined tone.

?What pokemon have you got with you??

?I got Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Snorlax, Meganium and Pikachu.?

Pikachu leapt on Ash?s shoulder. ?Pika!? he squealed happily.

?Well, you got a fine choice of pokemon there. But if you feel the need to change you?re pokemon, then don?t be afraid to contact me.?

?Thanks again, Porfessor.?

?Good luck, Ash.?

They both hanged up the phone. Ash decided to call one of his best friends, Brock. He called him up via videophone. Brock answered the phone.

?Hey there, Brocko!? Ash said happily.

Ash and Brock have been best friends for years. During their travels, along with Misty, Brock was always the ?big brother? of the group. Usually, when Ash and Misty argue, Brock was always there to calm them down.

?Hey, Ash,? Brock replied. ?What?s up??

?A certain someone wants me to go on a mission to the Orre region.?

?The Orre region? You don?t mean that rough place, do ya??

?I do.?

?Ash, shouldn?t you at least think about this before going to that place on your own??

?I won?t be on my own, Brock. Misty is coming. You can come too if you want.?

?Well, I?m not going to let two of my best friends get in trouble. So I might as well come, maybe I?ll learn a few things over there. Just one question, who is this ?certain someone? you?re talking about??

Ash rolled his eyes backwards as he let out a small sigh and smiled. ?Officer Jenny,? he answered. ?And she?s coming too.?

?I?m definitely there!? Brock said quickly and excitedly. ?I?m leaving right away!?

Ash always knew that pretty girls were Brock?s weak spot, he just can?t say no to them.

?Hold on, Brock,? Ash said. ?You don?t have to leave. Just get yourself ready and another officer will be there to collect you later.?

Brock tried to calm down. ?All right, Ash,? he said. ?See when you get there.?

?See you later, Brock.?

They both hanged up. ?Now my mom,? Ash sighed as he dialled his home number, knowing that it wasn?t going to be easy talking to her about this.

A woman in a pink-buttoned shirt answered the call. The woman was none other than Delia, Ash?s mother.

?Hi, mom!? Ash said.

?Ash!? her mother shouted, scaring her son. ?What do you think you?re doing??

?Oh, Prof. Oak told you about it, didn?t he?? Ash said in realisation.

?Yes! If you?re going to that place then I?m going with you!!? Delia demanded.

?Mom, it?s going to be okay, I?ll be fine. I?ll have friends with me. Besides, I got into bigger troubles than this.?

Looking at Ash?s assuring eyes, Delia gave up demanding and smiled. ?All right, Ash,? she said. ?Just remember to brush your teeth every morning and night, don?t eat too much otherwise you?ll get a stomach ache, don?t forget to pack bandages and plasters and??

Ash had an anime sweat drop on the back of his head while listening to his mother?s rulings. ?Aw?? he thought to himself embarrassingly. Sometime after Delia made a few rules, they both said their goodbyes and hanged up.

Officer Jenny walked up behind Ash. ?Found anyone yet?? she asked.

?Yep,? Ash said. ?Brock will do.?

?Good, I?ll send out one of my colleagues to collect him right away. I suggest that you pack your things before leaving.?

Ash headed off to his room and started packing. He looked happily at Pikachu. ?Ready, Pikachu?? Ash asked in a determined tone.

?Pika!? Pikachu cried in a determined tone as he clenched his small paws.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
More coming! Reviews please!

Years
I already reviewed on Serebii, but no one else here has, so what the hey...a great start to the sequel of a great fic. I error hunted in my post on Serebii, so yeah, keep it up, you know I've been looking forward to this. Can't wait to see Ash and Black Jack battle Team Dark!

~Chibi~

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Thanks, buddy!

Chapter 2

Ash, Misty, and Officer Jenny immediately headed off to their first destination of their journey, Vermilion City. They stopped at the pokemon center.

?Is this the place where we meet the team?? Ash asked.

?That is correct,? Jenny replied.

They entered the pokemon center. They soon see Brock, accompanied by Officer Jenny?s colleague, holding Nurse Joy?s hands in a gentle manner. It wasn?t a surprise to Ash and Misty that Brock would dash to pretty women straight away just to flirt with them. ?Fate must?ve brought me here to you,? Brock said in a dreamy tone. ?After I have completed my task with my companions, we can spend the rest of our lives together.?

The nurse became shocked and confused of what Brock was saying. Suddenly, a hand tugged Brock?s ear, making him whimper in pain and pulling him away from her. ?You can spend the rest of your life alone if you don?t quit that,? Misty said with a frown.

?You may go now, Jonathon,? Jenny said.

?Yes madam,? her colleague replied, leaving the center.

?Now, Mr. Ketchum,? Jenny said. ?The team should be arriving??

Suddenly a sound of a motorcycle came from outside of the pokemon center. ?Ah, they?re here now,? she finished.

A medium built man with a white t-shirt, blue jeans, red jeacket and brown hair walked in. ?Well, well,? he said as he looked at Ash. ?You must be the famous Ash Ketchum.?

?Mr. Ketchum,? Officer Jenny said. ?Meet detective Stevens. Famous for solving the most trickiest and most difficult cases.?

?Pleased to meet you,? Ash said as he and Stevens shook hands.

?Same here,? Stevens replied.

?Wait a minute, is that all you have?? Ash asked, realising that there wasn?t much people here.

?Oh great. What?s there to worry about?? Stevens muttered as he turned his head round and called out his other companions. ?Jesse, James, Meowth!? he shouted. ?Get in here! Now!?

?What!?? Ash cried in shock. ?Team Rocket??

?Correction,? Stevens replied with a smile. ?Former Team Rocket.?

?Oh yeah,? Ash said as he remembered that Team Rocket no longer existed.

A year ago, a Team Rocket executive named William Mane took over the criminal organisation after he double-crossed on his boss, Giovanni. Giovanni was found by the police and was put in prison. Mane took over the organisation as the new leader of Team Rocket, later to be named Team Missile. It took a while for Jesse, James and Meowth to discover the change of the organisation?s name and was soon kicked out after a long absence. The former Team Rocket trio explained the locations to the Team Missile to the police. But for some reason, the police wasn?t able to find any, thus they put the trio in jail and sentenced them to do community service. But Stevens found some use for them and decided to make the trio his assistants.

The former Team Rocket trio entered the center, looking down in shame.

?It?s not fair, sir,? Jesse moaned. ?Why do we have to go on this mission with those twerps.?

?I see that you guys have already met,? Stevens said.

?Know them?? Ash replied. ?They tried to steal Pikachu so many times but they keep on failing.?

?Pika!? Pikachu cried, not liking the look of that trio.

?Don?t worry, Ash,? Stevens said. ?They know that Team Rocket no longer exists and I?ve made a deal with them that if this mission comes to a successful conclusion, they will go free and get a handsome fortune.?

?Well,? Ash replied suspiciously. ?As long as they don?t double-cross us, it?s okay.?

After saying that, Misty finished getting Brock to come his senses. They walked over and they were also shocked when they saw the former Team Rocket trio. ?What?? Misty cried. ?Team Rocket? Weren?t they history??

?Let me explain,? Stevens said.

But before he could, a huge explosion was heard from outside. ?Who caused that explosion?? Jenny asked.

?Let?s find out,? Ash said.

The team ran out of the pokemon center and saw three men in dark clothing ordering their pokemon, Houndoom, Linoone and Fearow, to cause havoc around the Vermilion City port where the S.S Anne was.

?We got to stop them!? Ash yelled. ?Pikachu, go!?

Pikachu leapt from Ash?s shoulder and let out a loud scream while shooting out his electric attack. ?PikaCHUUUUUUUUU!?

The attack hit Linoone, knocking it down. The three men turned around and saw the team that was attacking them. One of them had grey spiky hair and serious looking eyes, the second man had long green hair and calm looking eyes, the third one was about six-foot seven and bald.

?Don?t disturb us!? shouted the man with the spiky hair. ?Who do you think you are? Not that we care!?

?Who are you to cause damage to public locations?? Jenny yelled back in reply. ?I?m placing you three under arrest!?

?I think not, officer!? said the big man with a deep voice ?You have no clue who you?re dealing with.?

He turned his attention to his pokemon. ?Houndoom!? he yelled. ?Flamethrower attack!?

A Houndoom jumped and shot out a huge lick of flame at Pikachu who dodged out of the way.

?Ash can?t do this on his own!? Misty yelled as she took out her pokeball. ?Corsola, Go!?

She tossed her pokeball out and out came Corsola. ?Corsola!? she cried.
?Corsola!? Misty yelled. ?Spike Cannon!?

Corsola glowed vigorously as she shot out multiple spikes out of her horns. But the opposition easily dodged each incoming attack.

?Houndoom,? shouted the big man. ?Counter Spike Cannon with your Flamethrower!?

Houndoom shot out a lick of flame at the incoming spikes, wiping them out.

?Now, Linoone!? shouted the green haired man. ?Headbutt attack!?

Linoone leapt at Corsola and headbutted her in the face, causing major damage.

?This isn?t right!? Brock said. ?Corsola is a rock type, which has strong resistance against normal attacks like Headbutt! Unless??
?Stop talking!? Stevens complained. ?I?m the detective, but now is not the time to investigate pokemon statistics!?

Stevens picked out a pokeball and tossed it out. ?Go! Quicksilver!?

A tall green insect with large scythes on each foreleg was let loose out of the pokeball. ?Scyther Scy!? it cried.
?Quicksilver,? Stevens yelled. ?Double Edge attack!?

Quicksilver leapt into the air and dived his head directly at Houndoom. The attack connected with Houndoom?s midsection, sending him flying into his trainer.

?One down!? Stevens said as he then turned to his other cohorts. ?Jesse, James, Meowth! Why aren?t you doing anything??
?We don?t help twerps,? James said nervously. ?You?re not a twerp, oh no, but??
?You two either send out your pokemon now, or it?ll be more hours of community service for you!? Stevens threatened.
?Yes, sir!? Jesse said in a scared tone.

She tossed out her pokeball and out popped Wobbuffet as he placed his paw on his head in saluting manner. ?Wobbuffet!? he cried.

?Linoone!? yelled the green haired man. ?Tackle attack!?

Linoone leapt forward and aimed his head at Pikachu, but Wobbuffet landed in front of Pikachu. ?Wobbuffet!? Jesse cried. ?Counter!?

Wobbuffet summoned up his psychic powers to bounce Linoone back and send him flying. Linoone landed heavily on his trainer thanks to the attack. Pikachu and Wobbuffet celebrated by slapping each other?s paw (Or as people call it, a high-five).

?Two down!? Stevens yelled. ?One to go!?

?Why don?t you just give up?? Misty yelled. ?We knocked out two pokemon and you?re the only trainer standing.?
?Never!? shouted the grey haired man. ?We have orders from our boss to destroy this ship to stop you getting to the Orre region!?
?Don?t tell them the plan!? shouted the green haired man.
?So that?s it!? Stevens said. ?You boys must be working for Team Dark!?

His team-mates were more surprised about Stevens? quick thinking than discovering where their enemies came from. ?How did you work out where they come from so quickly?? Jenny asked.

?A detective?s natural instinct,? Stevens replied.
?Now let?s finish them off!? Ash yelled.
?You got that right!? Misty yelled in agreement.

?Pikachu!?
?Corsola!?

They both shouted the same attack together in unison, ?Tackle attack!?

Pikachu and Corsola aimed their attacks on Fearow, who had no clue how to counter two attacks. The attacks connected and Fearow was sent flying back to his trainer. ?They?re done now!? Ash shouted. ?Pikachu! Thunder attack!?

Pikachu leapt into the air and was about to unleash his attack, when suddenly?

?As the posh people would say, allow us!? said a low, croaky voice. ?Okay, boys! Dynamic Punch attack!?

A shadowy figure jumped out of nowhere and tossed out six pokeballs, much to Ash and Pikachu?s surprise. A Tyranitar, a Feraligatr, a Nidoing, a Salamence, a Metagross and a Blaziken came out of their pokeballs and gave their targets, the Team Dark grunts, their devastating attacks and sent them airborne until they were out of sight.

The man landed on his feet, so did the pokemon. He had black leather clothing, bandanna, beard and sunglasses. ?It has been a long time, kids,? he said.

Ash and the rest of the team recognised the man straight away and gasped in shock, apart from Officer Jenny who knew that this man would come?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 3

?It can?t be!? Ash said in a surprised tone. ?Black Jack??
?Ketchum,? Black Jack replied back, as he turned round and showing a small smile.
?How?s everyone?? Ash asked, also showing a small smile.

?Well?? Black Jack started as he gently stroked his beard. ?Alice recently got a Teddiursa and Eevee as pets, John and Sandra have got a lot of jobs to do and Cassandra and Wally have also been busy, but they have been visiting each other on weekends so that their Gardevoirs can spend time together.?

?I hope things go well with those two,? Ash replied.

?Sorry, we?re late,? said a familiar girl?s voice.

Ash and the others turned to the voice?s attention and saw two familiar figures. One was just a few inches shorter than Ash, she had brown hair with both of her ears covered, she was also wearing a red jacket, a white mini skirt, black and white gloves, black tight shorts, and a red bandanna wrapped around her head. The other figure was shorter than the girl, he had black hair, he was also wearing a pair of glasses, a green shirt, brown short and blue trainers.

?May? Max?? Ash said in a surprised tone, while putting a happy face. ?What are you guys doing here??
?We heard that some pokemon contests are going to open around here soon,? May replied. ?Then we bumped into Black Jack while he was taking a break from his travelling and he said that he was going on a new adventure. So, how about if we join??

Ash turned to Jenny. Knowing what he was going to ask, she gave a small smile and nodded. ?Ash and Black Jack have a lot of good friends backing them up,? she thought.

While they were talking, Black Jack?s attention then turned to Pikachu and smiled in a welcoming fashion. ?How are things, you little critter??
?Pika pika!? Pikachu replied happily.

All of the pokemon were released from their pokeballs and greeted each other.

Stevens walked up to Black Jack and offered his hand. ?Ah, the famous Black Jack,? he said. ?It?s a pleasure to finally meet you.?
?Who?s this freak show?? Black Jack asked in an uninterested tone.
?That?s detective Stevens,? Jenny replied. ?The best detective in the world.?

Black Jack gave a small ?humph?, as he turned his attention to two more important people in Ash?s life, Brock and Misty.

?What?s wrong with him?? Stevens asked in a puzzled tone.
?Didn?t you know?? Jenny said. ?Black Jack doesn?t like people working for the law, since he used to work for Team Rocket. I even had a hard time convincing him to come with us.?
?How did you get him to come?? Stevens asked curiously.
?I promised him that he would meet a lot of tough trainers.?
?Ah! Then Black Jack is about to get what he wants.?

?Brock,? Black Jack said. ?How are things with your family??
?Everyone?s fine,? Brock replied. ?My brother is still training to become the next Pewter City?s gym leader. After my dad retires, he?ll be taking over.?
Black Jack smiled and spoke privately to him. ?You?re only here for Officer Jenny, right??
?Oh yeah,? Brock said as he blushed a pinkish colour.

Black Jack then turned his attention to Misty as he whispered to himself, ?That Brock kid never quits.?

?Long time, no see, Misty,? he called out.
?Hi, Black Jack,? Misty replied back.
?It?s been a while.?
?Yeah, since the Hoenn League.?
?You?re going on an adventure with Ketchum again??
?Yeah, I got a bit bored staying at the Cerulean City Gym.?

She turned her head to look at Ash, who was getting caught in a noogie by Black Jack?s Nidoking. ?Besides, someone?s got to keep an eye on him,? she continued with a smile.

Black Jack then set his eyes on the frightened Jesse, James and Meowth, giving them a nasty frown. ?What are they doing here?? he asked in a nasty tone.

?Allow me to explain,? Stevens replied, stepping in. ?These three were former members of Team Rocket, they?ve explained that Team Rocket?s been changed to Team Missile but they were put into community service anyway. I saw that they would be helpful in my detective work so I took them under my wing.?
?Show-off!? Black Jack thought. ?But at least we can keep those guys out of trouble for a while.?

?This is great,? Jenny said. ?Now the introductions are done, we now must book our rooms so we could take a night?s rest for tomorrow?s trip.?

They all entered the pokemon center with Officer Jenny leading the way. ?Nurse Joy?? she called out.

?Yes? How can I help you?? Joy asked.

Suddenly, a small blur rushed up to her and grasped her hands in a quick but gentle manner. It turned out that it was Brock, running up to her. ?You can help me out by going on a date with me tonight before I leave for the Orre region tomorrow,? he said as he teeth sparkled. An anime sweat drop appeared on the back of Nurse Joy?s head.

Misty immediately tugged Brock by the ear and pulled him away from Joy. ?Let me help you out by getting you back to your senses,? Misty said with a frown.

?All right, everybody,? Jenny announced. ?Everyone have a good night?s rest. We will all leave early tomorrow morning. Once we get to the Orre region, we will all discuss the plan there. Any questions??

Everyone shook their heads, meaning that they don?t have any. ?Good,? Jenny replied as she gave person a key each. ?I?ll see you all tomorrow.?

Elsewhere, a mysterious man, whose face that was hiding in the shadows, was sitting at his desk in a posh office room. Three men came into the room, looking quite battered and bruised. The mysterious man got up and checked the bruises on one of his men?s faces.

?Where is he now?? he asked.
?With them,? answered one of his men.
After some thought, the mysterious man said, ?They?re not taking us seriously, but he will soon enough. Come.?

The mysterious man walked passed them out of his office while they followed.

Next episode: Black Jack and his teammates will arrive at their next destination for a new adventure, the Orre region. Will they find the missing people, Wes and Rui? Will they find and defeat the Team Dark Leader? These questions will be answered soon!

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Episode 2: Now entering the Orre Region

Episode 2: Now entering the Orre Region

Chapter 1

It was very early in the morning as everyone in the group were getting ready to get on the ship that was about to travel to the Orre Region.

After they set sail, they decided to browse around the ship since it would only take a couple of hours to get to their location. Black Jack leaned on the rails as he observed the beautiful sea. On the back of his mind, he remembered the time of how much his niece wanted to be with him for his new journey.

-Flashback-

Black Jack was relaxing at the backyard of a mansion, which belonged to John, his brother. The mansion was near Goldenrod City of the Johto region. John was a very rich man and owned his part of the company called Burgcorp, which created different types of electronic products for pokemon. Recently, John and his wife, Sandra had been away on business a lot, meaning that their daughter, Alice, was alone a lot. But since her uncle Black Jack was there, she would never be alone. But at that moment, she was taking a nap in her bedroom.

Black Jack had a bottle of beer next to him. He sat up and drank a small portion of his favourite drink. While he was minding his own business, he heard a man calling his name. ?Excuse me, Mr. Black Jack,? he said in a posh accent. ?You have a visitor.?

Black Jack looked over his shoulder and saw two people. One of them was bald, middle-aged man wearing a tuxedo. It was obvious to Black Jack that that was his brother?s butler. The other was a woman dressed in a police uniform, she had mixed green and blue hair tied in a small ponytail. ?Officer Jenny?? Black Jack said in a confused tone. ?What do you want??

Inside the sitting room of the mansion, Jenny explained the situation to him concerning the Orre Region and asked if he could go with her since he was one of the strongest pokemon masters. She also promised him that he would meet tough trainers.

Black Jack gave it some thought. ?Fine, I?ll go,? he said in a low tone. ?But if this is going to be a waste of my time, don?t come to me again, ya hear??
?Can I come?? asked a girl?s voice.

A little girl walked in the sitting room carrying a cuddly toy. She was wearing pink pyjamas and was being followed by Teddiursa and Eevee, both which belonged to her. Black Jack forced a small smile. ?Like the police lady said, Alice,? he replied, knowing that she had been hearing to their conversation. ?It?s a bit rough out there.?

Alice looked down feeling rejected, knowing what her uncle meant. ?Oh,? she said back as she sadly walked back to her room.

Officer Jenny stood up. ?Thank you for your co-operation and your acceptance to our request, Mr. Black Jack,? she said. ?Meet us in Vermillion City in five days time, we will then set off for the Orre region the following day.?
?Gotcha,? Black Jack replied in a down tone, knowing how sad Alice was feeling, and that made him feel bad about it.

As Officer Jenny made her way out, Black Jack made his way to Alice?s room. As he came close to the door, he heard soft crying from the other side of the door. He opened it and saw her niece lying on her bed, crying tears on her pillow. Her Teddiursa and Eevee were trying to comfort her but as they saw Black Jack by the door, they moved slightly out of the way as he came over to her.

?Alice,? he said in a concerned tone as he placed his hand on her shoulder. ?Why the sad face??
?U-Uncle, go away,? Alice sobbed. ?I don?t want you to see me cry.?
?I?ve seen you cry once? about having to let go of some of your friends.?

Alice teary eyes widened upon hearing that. ?You know about that??
?Yeah,? Black Jack replied as he got up and walked over to her desk, which had small cuddly toys and a beautiful music box. When he opened up a nearby musical box, it played a small chiming tune and a small plastic doll wearing a ballet outfit spinning slowly. ?Maybe this will calm you down while I talk to you,? he said.

Alice sat up on her bed as she wiped away her tears while Black Jack sat next to her and placed his hand on her back.

?You?re worried about not seeing me again, huh?? he asked.
?Mm-hm,? Alice replied sadly as she nodded.

Black Jack started his comforting lecture.

?Alice, I know what it?s like to let go of your friends, even with the knowledge that you may not see them again. But you know, letting go of them is one of the bravest things you would ever have to do.?

He looked at his loved one and smiled. ?It seems to be me that you?re as brave as me, kid,? he said. ?Let me give you one advice, as long as you keep them inside of your heart and mind, they?ll never go away.?

Alice looked and forced a small smile, but that didn?t fool Black Jack one bit, as he knew how sad she was feeling.

?Alice, don?t worry,? he said in an assuring tone. ?After I?m done doing this thing, I?m gonna be coming back here anyway.?
?Promise, uncle?? Alice asked in a hopeful tone, as she held her little finger out in a shape of a small hook. ?Cos I heard that you would take me to the park with Little Sis and Big Brother.?

Eevee, who was nicknamed Little Sis, and Teddiursa, nicknamed as Big Brother, leapt happily in small jumps upon hearing that.

Black Jack let out a small laugh. ?This promise will never be broken,? he said as he hooked his little finger onto hers.

The following day, Black Jack was about to leave the mansion for his mission, with the butler accompanying him out of the mansion. ?I wish John and Sandra were here,? he said. ?But it?s a good thing I said goodbye to them yesterday on the phone.?

He turned to look at the butler who was standing quite near him. ?Take good care of Alice and her pokemon, okay?? Black Jack asked.
?I will, sir,? the butler replied as he bowed slightly to him.
?Uncle, wait!? cried a voice.

Black Jack and the butler looked at the voice?s direction and it turned out to be Alice calling for Black Jack?s attention. ?I have something made especially for you,? she said as she held out a wristband made out of flowers and placed it round Black Jack?s wrist.

Her uncle smiled at the gift with admiration, he then loosened it and placed it back in her hands. ?Look after this for me,? he said softly. ?I?ll be back for it.?

He then took off on his motorcycle, making his way to Vermilion City in Kanto. ?Goodbye, uncle!? Alice cried as she waved him goodbye. After he was out of sight, she went back into the mansion with tears with in her eyes as she looked at the wristband. ?I?ll miss you.?

Black Jack also had tears in his eyes, as he rode his motorcycle to his next destination.

-End flashback-

?Alice?? Black Jack mumbled to himself.
?Hey, Black Jack,? said a child?s voice.

Black Jack turned to the voice?s direction and saw Ash, Pikachu and Misty walking up to him. ?What?? he asked.
?We spotted you being alone and decided to have a little chat with ya,? Misty replied.
?Well, I was just thinking about some stuff,? Black Jack replied as he turned his face to the sea.
?About what?? Ash asked.
?The trainers of the Orre region,? Black Jack lied as he turned his attention back to the sea. ?If they?re as tough as Officer Jenny say they are, I might consider staying there for a while or so.?
?Inviting anyone?? Misty asked.
?Nope. No one in particular,? Black Jack replied.
?Not even Alice?? Ash asked.

Black Jack became silent for a few moments as he looked down. The two young trainers knew how much Alice meant to him. ?We?ll see?? Black Jack suddenly replied.

Pikachu also noticed had sad Black Jack was feeling as he leapt off Ash?s shoulder and on to his and gently patted him on the head. ?Pika pika,? he squealed softly.
?Thanks, you little critter,? Black Jack replied, forcing a small smile.

?Attention, passengers! We are moments away from the docks of the Orre region,? said an announcer, who was talking from some large speakers. ?Would the passengers please collect your belongings and walk to the exit? Thank you for taking the St. Anne. We hope that you would visit us again.?

?Sounds like our stop is coming up,? Black Jack said as he and his two cohorts walked towards the end of the ship and gazed at the horizon of the Orre region.

?Thanks to you, Alice,? he thought deeply with a smile. ?I now have a better reason to fight.?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 2

As the St. Anne was coming closer to the coast of the Orre Region, Ash, Misty, Pikachu and Black Jack noticed some nearby docks, a large building and a lot people walking about. ?Finally,? Black Jack said. ?I was getting bored around here.?

?Yeah, me too,? Ash said. ?I could get into some action right now.?

Suddenly, a growling noise was heard and it came from Ash?s stomach. ?How about going for some burgers first?? Misty said as she wrapped her arm around Ash?s lower back. ?Your determination is as big as your appetite as usual, Ash.?

?I agree,? Ash replied with a small laugh.

As they got off the St. Anne, along with Brock, Stevens, Max, May, Jenny and the former Team Rocket trio, Jenny announced that they would have to leave for Pyrite Town right away when she spotted a man wearing a police uniform, waiting for them.

?Hang on a sec,? Ash said. ?I was wondering if we could take a little break. We have been travelling for a long time, y?know.?

?I?m afraid that crime doesn?t rest, Mr. Ketchum,? Jenny replied. ?We have no time to spare.?

?C?mon, Jenny,? Black Jack said. ?I bet my next bottle of beer that the other guys are hungry. Right, Brock??

?I?m hungry for you, Jenny,? Brock said dreamily, making his comrades anime-fell in embarrassment, apart from Max and May who pulled each one of his ears.

?Whatever,? Black Jack said, who also didn?t fall in embarrassment but showed a small frown. ?I could torture for some right now.?

?How about you three?? Stevens said as he turned to his assistants. ?How about a snack??

?You mean we finally get something to eat!?? James said excitedly.

?Yes, but?? Stevens stopped what he was about to say and said, ?What do you mean ?finally??!?

?Very well,? officer Jenny said with a small sigh. ?Ten minutes.?

?Let?s split,? Black Jack said.

After ten minutes of break time, they all gathered back to the previous location where they?ve split up. ?Alright, everybody,? Jenny yelled. ?On to Pyrite Town!?

She turned to her fellow police officer and walked over to him while the others followed. ?You kids go ahead,? Black Jack said. ?I?ll get my bike and follow you.?

His comrades nodded as he left the group. As he went outside where the St. Anne was, he spotted his motorcycle that he placed near the entrance after getting off the ferry. He got on it, started up the engine and drove it inside another part of the building. Little did he notice, that there was a small chip was attached to his motorcycle.

Meanwhile, Ash, Misty and the others were waiting for him by a couple of police vans. In no time at all, Black Jack made his way out of the building and rode near the vans. ?Ready?? he asked.

?Ready!? everyone yelled.
?Then let?s go.?

They rode through the dusty roads of the Orre region. As they rode, Black Jack noticed a few fossilised pokemon skeletons and thought that they might?ve died trying to go through the deserts. It took them a few hours to get to Pyrite Town.

Upon entering, they got out / off the vehicles and observed the town. The place looked filthy and rotten, the buildings looked like that they have been damaged by vandals and never fixed, they also looked badly designed and there was a cave at the other side of town, along with a bridge that looked old but mended? and what was more, it was deserted.

?Hello!? Ash yelled. ?Anybody here??
?Sshh!? Jenny warned. ?What if the Team Dark grunts are on to us??
?Simple,? Black Jack answered. ?We smash their faces in.?

?Not if we smash yours first!? yelled a voice, catching our heroes? attentions.

Different Team Dark grunts came out from different places, surrounding them. Black Jack looked and spotted every one of them, even those in hiding. ?A bunch of you against nine of us?? he asked. ?As far as I?m concerned, you Team Dark punks are outnumbered. Even I can take you all out by myself.?

?You against us?? one of the grunts yelled. ?You?re mad!?

?Maybe?? Black Jack said as he clenched his fists, making bone-cracking sounds. ?But I can?t have fun on my own.?

As he expected, all of his pokemon became released of his pokeballs that were attached to his belt, each of them were letting out their loud roars. ?This will make our day,? he said with a nasty smile.

?Attack!? yelled one of the grunts. Upon hearing that command, all of them startedcharging and leaping onto to them, most of them threw out their pokeballs to release their pokemon.

Black Jack snapped his fingers, motioning that was now the time to fight. He and all of his pokemon ran at the grunts and pokemon and started fighting them. ?Come on, you guys!? Ash yelled as he took out his pokeballs. ?Black Jack can?t do this alone!?

He tossed them all out and all of his pokemon came out. ?Let?s get them!? Ash yelled and his pokemon yelled out their battle cries in response.

He and his pokemon joined in the fight, much to Nidoking?s annoyance.

(A/N: Pokemon speak their own language so I?m doing the translation here.)

?We don?t need any help!? Nidoking yelled as he was beating up a Dodrio, one of the Team Dark grunt?s pokemon. ?But if you have to join, at least leave us a few!?
?I always knew that you didn?t like sharing, Nidoking,? Ash?s Sceptile replied as he ran passed him.
?He?s a funny guy, isn?t he?? Nidoking asked as he looked down at the beaten Dodrio.
?WHAT!?? all three of Dodrio?s heads yelled in shock.

(A/N: Translation ended.)

?Ash?s right!? Misty yelled as she took out her pokeballs. ?Grarydos, Corsola, go!?

Her two pokemon became released from their pokeballs and yelled out their battle cries, ready for battle. Incidentally, one more pokeball popped open from Misty?s belt, releasing one more pokemon.

?Psy yay yay?? the little duck pokemon cried in a confused tone as he held on to its head.
?Psyduck? Are you saying you wanna battle too?? Misty asked in a hopeful tone.

Psyduck looked at what was going on in a curious way. As he looked on, Nidoking and Feraligatr (Both belonging to Black Jack) held a stop sign each, waiting for a weakened and dazed Hypno to stand up between them. As it did, both of Black Jack?s pokemon slammed it in the head with their weapons on each side, knocking him out.

Seeing that, Psyduck panicked as he ran back to Misty and pecked its pokeball, making him being zapped back into it, much to Misty?s embarrassment.

?Now that the embarrassment is over,? Misty said with closed frowning eyes, she pointed at the opposition and yelled out, ?Grarydos, Hydro Pump! Corsola, Spike Cannon!?

Grarydos shot out a huge spray of water at some of the grunts, knocking them down while Corsola glowed vigorously as she shot out numerous Mechas, stinging various grunts and their pokemon.

?C?mon, Combusken!? May yelled as she tossed out her pokeball. ?Let?s go!?

A young fowl pokemon materialised after being released from its pokeball, yelling out its name.

Team Dark were at a disadvantage, thanks to the teamwork of Ash and the others. In particular, Black Jack?s Blaziken was doing away with one of the grunts. As he kicked him the stomach, the grunt stumbled backwards. As Blaziken saw the other grunts coming, he and May?s Combusken looked at each other and gave each a slight nod. Blaziken kneeled down on one knee as Combusken ran up to him and jumped on his shoulder, it leapt up again to give a leap kick to the staggered grunt, sending him flying into the other grunts, knocking them down.

?Amazing!? Max said in astonishment. ?We only knew Black Jack and his pokemon for a few months and already we?re showing some good stuff.?

?Things are getting nasty,? Stevens said. ?And a little suspicious as well.?

He turned to his three assistants. ?Jesse, James, Meowth,? he said as he walked passed them. ?Help them out.?
?What are you going to do?? Jesse said.
?Some investigation,? Stevens replied.
?Peraps we can come wiv ya,? Meowth suggested.
?No!? Stevens replied in protest as he kept on walking. ?Ash and the others will need all the help they can get.?

Jesse and James turned their attention to Meowth. ?Wot?? he asked nervously.
?You first!? they yelled in unison as they grabbed him and tossed him out. ?Double Edge attack!?
?Wait!? Meowth cried. ?I don?t know that attack!?

Black Jack?s Tyranitar heard Meowth?s screaming and turned his attention to him. Instinctively seeing this as an attack, he quickly retaliated and knocked him right back into Jesse and James.

?Leave the clearing to me!? Brock said as he tossed out his pokeball. ?Forretress! Explosion!?

A Forretress came out of its pokeball and landed in the middle of the battlefield. It glowed vigorously and exploded, knocking everyone down. After the smoke cleared, a few coughs and groans were heard from various people and pokemon, mainly Ash, Black Jack, Misty and their respective pokemon. As Black Jack got up, he looked around and noticed a lot of the grunts were knocked out, he then noticed Ash covering Misty away from the explosion.

?Misty,? Ash said. ?You okay??
?Pikachupi?? Pikachu squeaked as he leapt towards them.
?Yeah, thanks to you, Ash? Misty replied with a small smile but she suddenly noticed that Ash?s arm was bleeding. ?Hey! You?re hurt!?
?It?s nothing,? Ash said.
?Nothing?? Misty said in a concerned tone. ?Being in this rotten place, you could get germs and sand in there.?

?Brock!? Misty called, making him snap out of his trance while he was staring at Jenny. ?We need first aid!?

Black Jack noticed that as his and Ash?s pokemon were walking over to him.

(A/N: Pokemon translation)

?I have this urge to do that ?sitting in the tree? poem,? Feraligatr said with a snigger as he looked at Misty wrapping a bandage around Ash?s arm.
?Go ahead, I?ll join in,? Sceptile replied as he had both his paws at the back of his head in a relaxing manner.

(A/N: Translation ended)

Suddenly, they sensed that more grunts were coming into the battle scene, while some of them were standing up, recovering from the blast. ?Better make it quick with the first aid thing, kids,? Black Jack warned as he also sensed the dangers coming in.

?Come and get us, you creeps!? Ash yelled as he stood up. ?We want more!?

?Leave them to me,? said a young calm arrogant voice. ?Umbreon! Confuse Ray!?

Everyone became stunned and confused, thinking of where the voice came from when suddenly the grunts became dizzy as they began to wobble, feeling the effects of the Confuse Ray. ?Now, Tyranitar!? shouted the voice. ?Hyper Beam attack!?

Out of nowhere, another Tyranitar leapt into the scene and landed on his feet and shot out numerous huge light beams at the grunts and their pokemon. ?We must retreat!? one of them cried as he and all of the other grunts ran away, while some lay on the ground unconscious.

A young man stepped off his gigantic machine for a bike and walked into the scene. He had silver spiked hair and confident yellow eyes, with a white stripe painted across his face. He was also wearing a long blue jacket with a weird gadget attached to his sleeve; he was also wearing black jeans and boots.

?It?s Wes,? Jenny said.
?Wes?? Ash said curiously.

?Hey, Wes! Wait for me!? cried a girl?s voice. She ran into the scene wearing a blue jean jacket with fluffy purple lines as patterns, a mini skirt and red boots. She also had red hair with ponytails on each side. Riding on her shoulder was a Plusle. She quickly grabbed hold of Wes?s arm, making him blush in embarrassment.

?And Rui,? Jenny continued.
?Ah ha!? yelled a familiar voice.

Everyone turned to the voice?s attention and spotted Stevens standing next to Black Jack?s bike. ?What are you doing over there?? Black Jack asked sounding a bit cross.
?I found something attached to your bike,? Stevens replied.
?What??
?A small minichip. I have a feeling that the grunts may have followed us here using this gadget.?

Black Jack quickly walked over to Stevens; he snatched the chip away from him and looked at it. ?Punks,? he snarled as he crushed the chip into pieces. He then angrily looked at Stevens and harshly grabbed him by the neck without choking him. ?Rule no.1,? he snarled. ?Never go near my bike.?

?Okay, Black Jack, calm down,? Ash said as he got between both men.
?Fine,? Black Jack replied as he released Stevens?s neck.

?Wes,? Jenny said as Wes was observing Black Jack?s actions. ?On behalf of the police force, there?s a request I?d like to ask you.?
?Well?? Wes replied in an uninterested tone.
?I was informed that you are looking to take down Team Dark. The thing is, so are we. Would you like to team up with us??

Wes looked at both Ash and Black Jack, the two pokemon masters with high reputations, and thought long and hard. He then showed a confident smile. ?All right then,? he replied. ?I?m in.?
I have a feeling that this chapter may suck a bit... :P

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 3

A few hours after getting their pokemon healed at a nearby pokemon center. After getting to know each other, the group visited the Pyrite Town police station, along with Wes and Rui. Upon entry, Officer Jenny was there and as usual, Brock just couldn?t handle himself as he dashed over to her and gently grabbed her hands.

?Officer Jenny,? Brock said dreamily. ?It may have been a few hours, but every second is like an eternity.?

Jenny became stunned of what he just said, but then calmed as Max and Misty pulled each one of Brock?s ears. ?And every time you do that, we?ll be doing this,? Max said with a frown.

?Oh, Officer Jenny,? Brock whimpered, much to Wes and Rui?s curiosity.
?Is he always like this?? Rui asked.
?Every time,? Ash replied with a sigh.
?Pika pika,? Pikachu squeaked, with a tone that agreed with Ash.

?Ahem,? Jenny said. ?Shall we??

She took them down one of the corridors of the station until she opened a room to her left. The room revealed to have a large map of Orre at the end of the room and a number of chairs. ?Please sit down,? Jenny said politely. ?Make yourselves comfortable.?

After everyone sat down on their chairs, Jenny took out a marker pen and circled various locations on the map.

?As you can see,? Jenny started. ?I?ve circled three locations of the Orre region, which are Team Dark bases. We, as a group, need to split up into three to take down a base each, and arresting anyone involved.?

?And then,? she continued as she drew another circle on the map. ?We shall meet up on this point to take the final Team Dark base down and arrest its leader. Any questions??

?Can I make one of those bases explode?? Black Jack asked.
?If you are certain that it?s the right thing to do,? Jenny replied. ?Yes.?
?So that?s it? All we have to do is take a base each, shut it down, meet you at the rendezvous point to find the leader and get him?
?That?s right.?
?Good. As long as there is action, that?s fine with me.?
?Are there any other questions??

Everyone shook their heads sideways. ?No?? officer Jenny asked. ?Good. Now we?ll need three groups.?

?I?ll be going on my own,? Black Jack said as he stood up. ?You guys pick whoever you want.?

?Wait a minute,? Jenny said, as Black Jack was about to leave. ?You?re going to need someone in your group, just in case.?

Black Jack stopped and let out a small sigh, knowing that he?ll be kept on reminded until he picked his team member, he then quickly picked his team members. ?Fine, if I have to? I pick Meowth, May and Max.?

?Dah!!? Meowth said in shock. ?Why me!??
?Even though you are useless, this the least I could do to get you out of trouble? and double-crossing us,? Black Jack replied as he left, just before Max and May could ask him the same question.

?What?s up with him?? Wes asked.
?Don?t worry too much about him,? Ash replied. ?He always likes to do things on his own. I just wish that he would ask for a helping hand sometimes.?

?Well, since Black Jack has chosen his teammates,? Jenny said. ?I?ll be the team captain for one of the teams, and I also suggest that Stevens also becomes a team captain for another.?

?Okay with me,? Stevens replied.

They both took different turns to pick out their team members. In the end, Jenny picked James, Jesse, Wes and Rui, which made Brock?s face turn blue and sulk in the corner since he wanted to team up with Jenny so much, while Stevens picked Ash, Misty and Brock.

?Good thing I have a gallant prince by my side,? Rui said in a cute tone as she gently held Wes by his arm, making him blush in embarrassment.

?That?s that,? Jenny said after each team chose their locations. ?Now everyone take a good night?s rest, we have a big day tomorrow.?

Meanwhile, Black Jack was walking around Pyrite Town carrying around an opened bottle of beer he bought from a local tavern. He spotted a huge dome-like building and heard some cheering inside and wondered if this was a stadium. Upon entry, a ticket seller welcomed him.

?Welcome to Pyrite coliseum, sir!? the ticket seller said enthusiastically.
?Hey,? Black Jack said. ?How much is it to get in??
?Just ten bucks, sir,? the ticket seller replied as he took Black Jack?s money in exchange for a ticket.

Black Jack proceeded to walk into one of the audience balconies and noticed that inside of the stadium was quite messy and smelly, he also noticed that there were ten levels of balconies that he could visit and decided to take the fifth level.

As he walked to the fifth level, he looked down and noticed a knocked out Scyther being dragged away by two people. Black Jack also noticed a Rhydon, but it was not any Rhydon as he had a metal arm, replacing one of his forelegs as one of his limbs.

?Ladies and gentleman!? the announcer cried. ?Are you going to let this pokemon walk away with your money??

The audience, apart from Black Jack, began to boo and yelled out various things.

?Get that freak outta here!?
?Boo!?
?No way he?s walking away with my money!?

Then, a huge muscular man came onto the battlefield, but the Rhydon showed no fear on his face, yet he showed no determination.

?Ladies and gentleman!? the announcer cried. ?I give you? The Liberator!?

The audience gave a standing ovation, while Black Jack showed no expression either. As the Liberator took out his pokeball the announcer walked over to him.

?Remember, no cheating,? said the announcer as he covered his microphone.
?I thought you said everything goes!? the Liberator said.
?Yeah, but some people may not like that,? the announcer replied. He then placed the microphone near his mouth. ?BEGIN!!?

The Liberator tossed out his pokeball and a four-armed tough Machamp came out and showed a few poses to show off while Rhydon showed a pose of his own, he beckoned Machamp to come and attack him.

Machamp dashed at Rhydon and punched him in the stomach, staggering him. He then punched Rhydon in the face, making him spin round and walk a few steps away from him, trying to recover.

Machamp aimed another punch at Rhydon but Rhydon quickly retaliated, as he turned round and gave a punch of his own at Machamp?s incoming fist. As both forces collided, there was a huge clanging noise and Machamp yelled out in pain as he took away his hand to shake away the pain.

While Machamp was distracted, Rhydon grabbed hold of him and began punching him in the stomach like he was a punching bag with his metal foreleg. After some repeated blows, Rhydon held Machamp by the head and headbutted him in the face, knocking him out without feeling the recoil. ?No!? cried the Liberator in disbelief. ?This can?t be happening!?

?Ladies and gentleman,? the announcer yelled as the Liberator called back his Machamp. ?Here?s your winner, Mecha!?

?So that?s the Rhydon?s name,? Black Jack thought in an interested tone.

No one liked the announcement and continued booing at Mecha. As the Liberator walked out, feeling embarrassed and ashamed, a man with blue jeans, blue jacket with a black T-shirt underneath, red cap, and long brown scruffy hair walked in. ?Hey,? he said, catching the announcer?s attention. ?I want a challenge.?

Mecha looked at his challenger and smiled, as he thought that he wouldn?t stand a chance against him. Noticing his confident smile, the announcer made another announcement. ?We have a surprise challenge here, ladies and gentleman! Mecha will face? um??

The announcer looked at the challenger. ?Isaac Wolfpack,? the challenger said.

?Isaac Wolfpack!? The announcer cried enthusiastically. ?The rules and stakes will continue as usual!?

Isaac walked over to his respective part of the battlefield and took out his pokeball. ?Go! Heracross!? he shouted as he tossed it out.

A horned blue bug pokemon came out of its pokeball and prepared himself for battle. ?Heracro!? he hissed in a determined tone.

Without warning, Mecha rushed towards Heracross and attempted to slam his metal arm on him. ?Heracross!? Isaac yelled. ?Dodge it!?

Mecha missed his attack as Heracross did as he instructed as he barely moved out of the way by leaping over him. While Heracross was leaping, he somersaulted and landed behind Rhydon.

Mecha turned round as he swung his metal arm at Heracross. ?It?s using his metal arm again, Heracross!? Isaac warned. ?Try to use your one of your counters!?

Mecha missed again as Heracross jumped and grabbed hold of Mecha?s head and slammed his face to the ground.

?Facebuster,? Black Jack thought as he observed the match. ?And people say that wrestling?s fake.?

Mecha slowly stood up holding his hurt face, feeling dizzy. ?Get ready to go on the offensive, Heracross!? Isaac yelled.

Heracross crouched down, ready to give Mecha whatever attack Isaac yells out. As Mecha stood fully up, Isaac yelled out his attack, ?Body Slam!?

Heracross quickly ran at Mecha like a speed bullet and launched himself at him like a missile but Rhydon grabbed him and slammed him on his back, causing major damage. ?No!? Isaac cried. ?Heracross! Get up!?

Mecha held up his metal arm and attempted to knock Heracross out with it but the blue bug moved out of the way, making Mecha punch the ground instead and creating a huge crack in it.

?Heracross, set him up!? Isaac yelled. Upon hearing that command, Heracross beckoned Mecha to chase him around. Mecha chased Heracross around the arena until Heracross ran up to the arena wall, he then jumped off the wall and fell fifteen feet, landing his body on top of Mecha?s, knocking him down.

?Impressive,? Black Jack thought.

?Heracross!? Isaac yelled in concern as he noticed his Heracross holding onto his damaged stomach. ?Are you okay??

Heracross nodded to his trainer, motioning that he wanted to go on. ?Okay!? Isaac yelled. ?Get ready to use your Megahorn!?

Heracross?s horn glowed vigorously as Rhydon shook away his dizziness while he slowly got back up to his feet. ?Now!!? Isaac yelled. Heracross did as he was told and charged at Mecha at the speed of sound but Mecha saw that coming as his metal arm glowed while he gave Heracross a vicious punch to the damaged gut, sending him flying to the feet of his trainer and knocking him out, much to Isaac?s disbelief.

As Heracross fell on his back, Isaac kneeled down to him. ?Heracross,? he said. ?I?m sorry? I should?ve been more strict with you??
?Hera?? Heracross whispered apologetically.

?Ladies and gentleman, here?s your winner? Mecha,? the announcer yelled while Mecha turned round to walk away.

Suddenly, some rumblings were felt and heard throughout the entire arena?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 4

There were some rumblings throughout the entire arena, much to everyone?s curiosity and fear. Suddenly, a huge army tank came crashing into the arena, knocking down a lot of people.

Black Jack spotted a familiar Team Dark symbol. ?Them again,? he snarled.

Mecha and Isaac also looked at the symbol, but with different expressions. Mecha let out a small growl as he looked at it.

?Team Dark,? Isaac thought with a lot of hate in his tone. ?They?re gonna get it for dissing with my dad!?

Black Jack jumped off from the audience balcony and landed on his feet, catching their attention. ?What the?? Isaac said in a surprised tone. ?You?re??

?Hi, kids,? Black Jack said. ?That tank looks like a tough cookie for you two, so I suggest you kids get outta here.?

?No!? Isaac yelled. ?I?m not gonna let those punks get away with it after what they have done to this place!?

Mecha?s eyes narrowed as he turned his attention back to the tank.

?Fine by me,? Black Jack said as he folded his arms, waiting to see some action.

?Subjects to terminate,? the tank said, which spoke in a robotic language. ?Black Jack? Mecha? Isaac Wolfpack? the leader will be pleased.?

?The tank knows these guys?? Black Jack thought. ?I better ask later.?

Isaac took out two of his pokeballs off his belt. ?Ninetales, Electrike,? he yelled as he tossed them out. ?Go!?

A nine-tailed vixen and a small dog with yellow spiky mane came out from their pokeballs, yelling out their battle cries.

Different parts of the tanks opened the hatches and showed different kinds of guns and began shooting out, aiming for its main targets but to no avail.

All three of the battling pokemon kept on dodging each of the tank?s attacks, with Mecha using his speed and strength to destroy each weapn. ?Ninetales, use your Flamethrower attack!? Isaac yelled. ?Electrike, Thunderbolt!?

Both pokemon charged up their respective powers and shot them out in unison, making the same weapon as their target, causing a small explosion on impact. ?We got it!? Isaac said.

The tank didn?t stand much of a chance against Mecha and Isaac and his pokemon, but defeating that tank was very time-consuming.

Realising this, a hatch on Mecha?s metal arm opened and he fired out his weapon like a gun, destroying every weapon in sight, enough to make Isaac impressed. In no time at all, all of weapons were completely destroyed. ?All weapons? damaged,? the robotic tank said. ?Unit in need of repairs.?

?No, unit in need to be even more smashed,? Black Jack said as he took off his sunglasses, showing his arrogant eyes. ?Because of your poor targeting.?

He took out a pokeball and tossed it out. ?Salamence!? he yelled. ?Flamethrower attack!?

A blue dragon pokemon came out of his pokeball and shot out a huge lick of flame and the tank felt the heat of the attack and malfunctioned. ?I think it?s gonna blow!? Isaac yelled.

?Everyone return!? the two pokemon trainers yelled as they got their respective pokemon back into their pokeballs, apart from Mecha. They all made their way out of the stadium just in time before the tank exploded, along with the Pyrite Coliseum.

Sometime later that evening, the police have arrived to find out what was going on. During the process, the ambulance came by to pick up the injured people while the police questioned various people.

Ash, Misty and others also walked into the scene and spotted Black Jack looking at the destruction of the stadium. ?Black Jack,? officer Jenny said as she and the others walked up to him. ?What happened??

?Well, I?ll tell you,? Black Jack replied and he started his story.

After Black Jack finished explaining things, everyone knew that Team Dark would be behind the destruction of the stadium, even though Black Jack did make the tank explode.

Officer Jenny turned her attention to Mecha and Isaac, the unorthodox pokemon and the young trainer Black Jack mentioned during the explanation.

?Isaac,? Jenny said as she walked over to them. ?Black Jack told me how skilled you are.?

?Really?? Isaac said excitedly while Mecha showed no expression. ?He said that I?m that talented??

?Of course! That?s why I have proposition for you,? Jenny said. ?We are on the trail of a criminal organisation called Team Dark, we?re doing this in three groups, Black Jack is two members short and I was wondering if you two like to team up with him.?

?No problem!? Isaac replied excitedly. ?How about it Mecha??

?Well, I don?t know much about you guys,? Mecha said in a deep voice, surprising everyone as he offered his hand of friendship. ?Let me introduce myself, my name?s Mecha.?

?A Rhydon? that talks!?? Max said in shock.

?What?? Meowth said with a shrug. ?Never saw a pokemon that talk human-talk before??

Years
I can't go on SPPf, I don't know whether I got banned or if the whole site's down, but meh, I'll be reviewing here, then.
Ooh, so Isacc and Mecha are targeted as well, I think he's definitely got a past going for him. Heh, and I really liked that Mecha talked, that was unexpected =D Awesome job, no noticeable errors, keep it up!

~Chibi~;249;

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chibi Pika: I think the site must've gone down, mate. Thanks for d review. Mecha's and Isaac's past and reasons for joining the gang are here.

Chapter 5

Everyone made their way back to the hotel and decided to go to sleep. Only two people and one pokemon weren?t able to sleep. Mecha, Black Jack and Isaac sat on the roof of the hotel, with Black Jack drinking some beer.

?Hey, kids,? Black Jack said. ?While we were battling that tank, it knew both of you. Why?s that??

?Do you really wanna know?? Isaac asked. ?Cos I don?t think you want to.?
?Then why did I ask?? Black Jack asked.

Isaac sighed a small sigh. ?Okay? I?ll tell ya??

?It was a few months back when I was taking a break from my pokemon journey. I was visiting my dad when he was working in a small shop, when I found a bunch of thugs messing around with him and setting fire to his shop. They warned him that he still owed them more money, that?s when I started to take action into my own hands.

?I tried to take each and everyone of them out but there were too many of them and they battered me and my pokemon pretty badly. They told me to consider this a warning to me and my dad. If my dad couldn?t get the money within a month of that time, they would have me killed. After they left, I sent my dad away to??

He suddenly stopped his story, realising what he was about to say. ?I better not say it,? he said. ?You never know who might be listenin??

?True, true,? Black Jack said.

Isaac continued his story. ?That was when I decided to make Team Dark my target for dissing with my dad, he?s the only family I?ve got now.?

?I know how that feels,? Black Jack said. ?I have a brother named John, and he was the only family I?ve got until he got a family of his own. But what about your mom??

?She and my dad got divorced when I was a kid,? Isaac replied. ?She?s now out there pokemon training, that was the last time I?ve heard from her. Hopefully, I?ll meet her again one day and battle her.?

Black Jack let out a small sigh. ?And you, Mecha?? Black Jack asked. ?What?s your story??

?Alright,? Mecha said with a sigh. ?Before I became part of Team Dark, they stole me from my old trainer, along with my other buds. They erased most of my memory and turned me into this freaking robot. I badly wanted to escape, but if I tried to, they?d have me killed.?

He looked at his robotic foreleg, cursing Team Dark for what they?ve done to him.

?But somehow, I did manage to escape the base? I?ve used a trash chute of one of the Team Dark bases and slid to the outside. After they discovered that I disappeared, they became obsessed with chasing me.?

There was a short silence between them, until Black Jack showed a small smile. ?Mecha,? he said. ?Why don?t you team up with Ash instead of me??

?Huh?? Mecha and Isaac said in unison. ?Why??

?I like to do the things the hard way,? Black Jack said. ?If you team up with me, I have a feeling that we?d get job done quicker, while waiting for the others to do theirs.?

?Suit yourself,? Mecha said with a shrug. ?We?ll talk to Stevens in the morning.?

With that, they remained silent and continued staring at the stars for the rest of the night until dawn came.

A few hours after that, everyone got ready to set off on their respective paths. Before they did, Black Jack and his team suggested that Stevens could take Mecha with him. After some discussion Stevens agreed to Black Jack?s proposal, since Black Jack would be taking his motorcycle. So therefore?

The first team consisted of Wes, Rui, Jesse, James and officer Jenny.

In the second team there was Black Jack, Isaac Wolfpack, May, Max and Meowth (who wasn?t very happy about teaming up with Black Jack).

The third team contained Ash, Misty, Brock, detective Stevens and Mecha.

Each team took their respective vehicles, which were Black Jack?s motorcycle (with extra sidecars for Max and May), Wes?s motorcycle (which also had extra sidecars) and a police van for Ash?s team. They drove to the exit of Pyrite Town. ?Well, this where we split,? Ash said as everyone got off the vehicles.

?Guess so,? Isaac said.

?I almost forgot,? Jenny said as she held out three cell phones. ?Each team leader will need to carry one of these in case of new information. I?ll keep one for myself.?

She handed one of the cell phones to Stevens and the other to Black Jack. ?And remember this everyone, we?re all heroes now. Let?s just kick some butt.?

?My sentiments exactly,? Black Jack replied as he gave a thumb?s up. ?Good luck, kids.?

The three teams set off in three different directions, looking forward to new adventures and challenges. For Black Jack, it?s time to smash more heads and drink more beer.

Elsewhere, in a dark office, a shadowy figure was viewing the monitors and saw that Black Jack and his comrades part ways into different directions. ?So?? he said. ?They decided to make things interesting, eh??

Next episode: Wes?s team arrives in Andaa City, looking to find one of the Team Dark bases. What kind of surprises is Team Dark holding for them?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

C.O.H

Patrick Star
Years
Don't double/thripple post, use the edit button, and if you can't make it all in one post wait for someone else to write before you answer!

Years
Don't double/thripple post, use the edit button, and if you can't make it all in one post wait for someone else to write before you answer!
? He's doing new chapters, you're supposed to do chapters in different posts, otherwise the thread never gets bumped. It's not his fault no one else will review =/

Ah hah, I was wondering how Mecha had gotten the robotic arm. A couple of tense errors and such:
They told me to consider this a warning to me and my dad. If my dad couldn?t get the money within a month of that time, they would have me killed
Missing word :P
Each team were taking their respective vehicles
Each is a singular pronoun for some reason. =P So I think it should be "each team took their respective vehicles."
For Black Jack, it?s time for smashing more heads and drink more beer.
I think the present tense for that one will work, besause it's talking about what's going to happen, but in any case, it should be drinking more beer.

That's all I spotted. But Isaac never metioned why Team Dark was messing with his dad or why he owed them money...me thinks plot...>=D

Great chappie, keep it up!

~Chibi~

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
C.O.H: This is a fanfic, mate. But what do you think of it anyway?

Chibi Pika: Thanks for spotting the mistakes, mate. I have this habit of making some. *Corrects the errors* Done! And if Isaac said anything more, he would be revealling too much information. Thanks for the review!

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Episode 3: Rui and the beach

Episode 3: Rui and the beach

Chapter 1:

Wes, Rui, Plusle, James, Jesse and Officer Jenny arrived at a pokemon center in Andaa city.

?Er, Officer Jenny?? Rui said. ?Can you tell me why we?re stopping here??

?The informants have told us that this would be the place where Team Dark would strike next,? Jenny replied. ?They also told me that one of the buildings around here is their hideout. Our job right now is to find their hideout and arrest everyone involved.?

?But how can we find their hideout without being recognised?? Rui asked.
?We could go in disguise,? James replied.
?Of course!? Jesse replied. ?That?s the exact same plan I was thinking!?

?Good idea, you two,? Jenny said. ?Plus, we?ll need to split up.?
?Plusle?? Plusle said curiously, who was riding on Rui?s shoulder.
?Not you, Plusle,? Rui said, giving out a small giggle.

?First, we?ll need a change of clothes,? Jenny said. ?After that, Jesse and James, you two can hit the east side of the streets, I?ll take the west and Rui can take the beach to guard the citizens??
?Yay!? Rui cried happily. ?Wes can come with me!?
?I don?t think so,? Jenny replied, much to Rui?s displeasure. ?Wes can??
?Stay here,? Wes finished in an uninterested tone.

Everyone became shocked at Wes?s announcement. ?What is that, Wes?? Rui said as she frowned. ?You?re not coming with us??

?Anyone got a problem with that?? Wes asked.
?Well,? Jenny said. ?You can stay here in case Team Dark attacks the pokemon center.?
?Then let?s check in.?

After everyone checked in their rooms, Rui gave a small sigh at the fact that Wes wouldn?t be with her that day.

Wes was in James?s room as James got dressed in a Sherlock Holmes costume. ?Well,? James said. ?What do you think??
?Going to a fancy dress party?? Wes said as he observed what James was wearing. ?Plus, it?s very hot outside.?
?I might?ve guessed,? James replied as he sweated heavily.

Wes left the room shaking his head. As he walked down the corridor, he saw Rui in a cute red bikini carrying a plastic bag. ?Going to the beach now?? he asked, while blushing slightly.
?Yeah,? Rui replied. ?If you get bored here, you can come see me at the beach.?
?Plusle!? Plusle cried excitedly.
?Yep, we?ll have some fun there, Plusle. See you later, Wes.?

Rui walked passed Wes while carrying Plusle on her shoulder. Wes let out a small breath and turned his head round to look at Rui. ?She sure is cute in that bikini,? Wes thought to himself. ?Eh? What am I saying??

?Is everyone ready?? officer Jenny called out as she came out of her room. She let down her hair and also had a white t-shirt, jeans and sunglasses.
Wes snapped out of his deep thinking. ?Yeah, Rui just left. She?s taken Plusle with her.?

Suddenly, Jesse and James popped their head?s out behind Wes, much to his surprise. James was wearing a normal schoolgirl uniform while Jesse was wearing a typical schoolboy outfit. ?You do realise it?s summer, right?? Wes commented as another sweatdrop appeared on his head.

When Rui and Plusle made it to the beach, Rui decided to do a little bit of sunbathing while Plusle decided to take a little swim. Rui then began to admire the beach. ?I just wish Wes was here with me?? she thought.

She fantasised that Wes was with her, swimming in the sea, running around playing tag, and then they would admire the sunset, holding each other?s hands, then they would kiss each other on the lips.

?It would be so romantic!? Rui said to herself while blushing. ?Wouldn?t it, Wes??

She turned her head to her left, hoping that Wes was there. But it was Plusle, carrying a bucket of water as it playfully splashed it all over her. ?Why, you little?? Rui snarled in an angry tone. She then yelled out, ?You ruined my daydream!!?

Her yelling knocked Plusle off its feet and it landed of its back. It sat up while rubbing its butt. Before it realised it, the bucket fell on top of it, making it trapped.

After realising what she had done, Rui ran up to Plusle and took the bucket of it. ?Sorry about that, Plusle,? Rui said sympathetically. ?But thinking about Wes can make me go crazy.?
?Plusle,? Plusle replied happily, understanding Rui?s feelings.

Rui looked far at the horizon of the sea and let out small sigh. ?Wes? please come out.?

Back at the pokemon center, Wes was lying on his bed. He was remembering the time after the leader of Team Snagem was being arrested.

-Flashback-

Wes was researching through a computer about Team Snagem and came across another criminal organisation called Team Dark.

?Team Dark? What have they got to do with those guys?? Wes thought.

He hacked into the Team Dark computer and gained information of grunts, past thefts and others. As Wes was about to find out who the leader of Team Dark was, the computer malfunctioned. ?I don?t think so,? said the computer.

The computer shut itself off as the smoke came out of the monitor and hard drive. ?A virus,? Wes said in realisation.

Rui came in carrying a tray of drinks. ?Something wrong, Wes?? she asked.

?Not really,? Wes replied, as he turned round with a smile. ?Do you want to go on another adventure with me??

?Another one?? Rui asked excitedly. ?Yay!?

Wes quickly turned round, hiding his blush away from her. ?What made me ask her that?? he whispered to himself.

-End Flasback-

After he remembered those moments, Wes let out a small yawn as he drifted off to sleep.

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 2

Rui was walking along the beach with Plusle and soon spotted a man sitting in a hut, selling anything beach related.

?Hey, Plusle,? Rui said. ?Wanna buy some stuff??
?Plus! Plus! Plus!? Plusle replied happily.

They both quickly walked over to the shop. ?Hey there, kid,? the shopkeeper said. ?Is there anything you want here??

Rui spotted a beautiful looking necklace. The lace looked like it was sparkling like a diamond, and there was a small pretty looking shell attached to it. ?Pretty,? she said enthusiastically.

?Hmm? You like this one?? the man asked.
?Yes,? she replied. ?How much??
?Five dollars. It may look pretty, but nothing special. But rumour has it that it brings good luck.?
?Really? I?ll take it!?

After she bought the necklace, she carefully observed it as she sat down. ?Plusle, plusle?? Plusle asked curiously.
?Oh, nothing special,? Rui replied, hoping she answered Plusle?s question correctly.

Suddenly, a huge exploding sound was heard a few distances away. Rui and Plusle looked at its direction. Rui took a pair of binoculars out of her carry bag and looked into it so she can see what?s going at the far distance.

She saw a man in a uniform driving an army tank. He was driving over other vehicles while firing randomly at different shops. ?Team Dark!? she cried in shock. ?C?mon, Plusle! We got work to do!?
?Plusle!? Plusle cried in a determined tone.

As they left the beach, Jenny stepped in front of the tank. The tank stopped and a Team Dark grunt came out and stood on top of the tank. ?What do you think you?re doing!?? Jenny yelled.
?I?m just testing out this machine,? the grunt answered joyfully. ?And having fun at the same time.?
?I?m placing you under arrest!?
?Aw! You?re such a spoilsport!?

The grunt jumped back inside the tank and resumed towards Jenny. Suddenly, a Seviper swung its glowing tail and slammed it on the right side of the tank, but it caused no damage on it, much to Seviper?s surprise.

It was Jesse?s Seviper as she and James ran into the scene. ?Jesse and James!? Jenny cried. ?I had doubts that you two would be coming here.?
?Well, it was either that or we could get beaten up by Black Jack or Stevens!? James complained as he took out his pokeball. ?Go! Cacnea!?

He tossed out his pokeball and out popped Cacnea. Cacnea immediately gave James a big loving hug and at the same time piercing his Mechas into James?s skin. ?Eeeeeeeee!? James cried in pain. ?Cacnea! Pin Missile attack!?

Cacnea leapt off James and shot out his attack. ?Cacnea!? it cried.

The pins hit the tank but it bounced off causing no damage at all. ?Not good,? Jenny said as the tank continued towards them. ?Jump out of the way!? she yelled.

Meanwhile, back at the pokemon center, Wes walked out of his room after taking a short nap. ?I wonder what Rui is doing?? he thought to himself. He walked down to the main entrance but found out that the automatic door could not be opened. ?Hey!? he said. ?What?s going on here??
?I?m afraid you can?t leave,? said a woman?s voice.

Wes turned round and saw a nurse behind him. ?Why not?? he demanded.
?You may not believe this,? the nurse replied. ?But there?s trouble going on outside. A tank is nearby blowing up nearby shops.?
?Oh no!? Wes thought worryingly.
?So for your own safety, I suggest that you remain here.?
?I can?t do that!? Wes yelled in a desperate tone. ?I have to be outside! You have to open this door!?

He took out his identity card, showing that he is working for authority. ?Oh!? the nurse replied in realisation. ?You could?ve showed that to me earlier.?

She went back to the desk and pressed a button to open the door. ?Thanks, nurse Joy!? Wes called as he ran out of the door.

Back at Jenny, Jesse and James?s location, their pokemon were at a losing end as they were no match against the giant tank. The pokemon were down and hurt and no longer able to battle.

?Chimecho! Return!? James cried as he held out his pokeball.
?Return! Dustox!? Jesse cried.
?Growlithe! Return!? Jenny ordered.

?We have no pokemon left!? James cried worryingly. ?What are we gonna do??
?You do nothing!? a voice shouted. It was Rui and Plusle running onto the scene.

?Leave that tank to me and Plusle!? She yelled in a determined tone. ?Plusle! Thunderbolt attack!?

Plusle leapt into the air and charged its electric powers, it then let out a large yell as it shot out a powerful electric attack. ?Attaboy!? Rui shouted. ?Zap it good!?

But after taking the Thunderbolt attack, the tank took no damage! ?What!?? Rui yelled in shock.

?Don?t you morons ever learn?? the tank driver taunted. ?This tank is unstoppable!?
?Oh really?? said a familiar calm voice. ?Tyranitar! Tackle attack!?

A Tyranitar dived down on the tank and knocked it down. ?Hey! Who did that!?? the driver shouted from the inside.

Wes landed on the floor, along with his Umbreon and Espeon. ?Well, well,? he said.
?Wes! You came!? Rui cried excitedly.
?Just dropping by,? Wes replied.

Suddenly, a strange blue energy surrounded the tank as it self-righted itself so it would be ready to battle again. ?Did you actually a knock like that would stop my precious machine!?? the driver yelled.
?There are other ways,? Wes replied with an evil smile.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 3

Before Wes came, all of the pokemon that Jenny, Jesse, James and Rui were using were knocked out. All was lost for these four but Wes finally ran into the battle scene along with his Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon.

He was about to shout out his next attack. But suddenly, a pair of tentacles shot out of the machine and laced around everyone, except Rui who barely dodged out of the way. The people and pokemon struggled to get themselves free but to no avail.

?Huh! Eight out of nine ain?t bad!? the driver shouted. ?You can only watch your friends scream in pain, little girl. Then you can see this lovable machine toss them all out to sea!?

The tentacles began to squeeze the people and pokemon captured; soon they would be out of breath. ?Oh no you don?t!? Rui yelled as she took out a gigantic mallet she had in her bag.

?Hey! Where did she get that hammer from!?? James said in a scared tone as he struggled to be free.
?I?ve no idea,? Wes replied as an anime sweatdrop appeared on his forehead.

?THIS IS FOR HURTING MY WES!!? Rui yelled as she smashed her mallet on the tank, created a huge dent in it.
?No!? cried the driver. ?Not my beautiful machine!?

The tank began to malfunction and the tentacles began to loosen up, releasing Wes and the others. ?Thanks, Rui,? Wes said as he landed on his feet. Some of his comrades weren?t so lucky as they fell on their faces or lower back.

?Now,? Wes said. ?Where was I??

The driver began to panic as he knew that Wes about to order another attack. ?Umbreon!? Wes shouted. ?Use Confuse Ray!?
?What!?? the driver yelled.

Umbreon?s eyes glowed a hint of purple at the tank and the grunt?s eyes became swirly as he became confused.

?Now, Espeon!? Wes shouted. ?Zap Cannon!?

Espeon leapt into the air and charged up his electric powers. After he became completely charged, he shot out a small ball of electricity. The move connected and the inside of the tank began to malfunction.

?No! She?s gonna blow,? yelled the grunt. He quickly made his escape as he jumped out of the tank. He landed on his feet and attempted to make a run for it. Officer Jenny and the others were about to give chase but to their distraction, the machine exploded. The force made everyone fall down as they lost balance.

After the explosion, everyone picked themselves up. Wes helped Rui up to her feet. ?You must be the craziest girl I?ve ever met,? Wes said in a caring tone. ?Thank you.?
?No need,? Rui need as tears of joy came out of her eyes. ?You?re safe, that?s the most rewarding part.?

Wes showed a small blush upon hearing that. Rui had a look of realisation on her face as she took out the necklace she bought earlier.

?Wes, I bought a gift for you,? she said as she showed him his gift.
?For? me?? Wes asked as he gazed at the beautiful necklace.
?Yeah. If you wear it, it?ll bring you good luck,? Rui replied while blushing.

?Oh no!? Officer Jenny said, not knowing that she was disturbing the moment. ?That Team Dark crook has gotten away. The least we can do now is find him.?
?There?s no need for that!? yelled a familiar voice.

There was a huge earthquake that made everyone lose their balance again. Rui dropped the necklace in the process. It turned out that the Team Dark grunt was back, accompanied by a huge robot.

The robot was the same size as Wes?s Tyranitar, it had arms and legs built in along with different kinds of weaponry. The grunt began to laugh evilly as he held a remote control. ?You destroyed one of my precious creations,? he snarled. ?Now you all will pay!?

He pressed various buttons to control the robot as it leapt into the air. Rui was about to pick up the necklace that she had dropped, not knowing that the robot was about to land on her. Seeing this, Wes desperately tackled Rui out of harm?s way. But the necklace wasn?t so lucky as the robot landed right on top of it, crushing it into little pieces, much to Rui?s shock.

Wes quickly got back up. ?That wasn?t very nice!? he said. ?Picking on a girl like that!?

The grunt wasted no time as he took control of the robot as it ran towards Wes and attempted to punch him but missed as Wes dodged out of the way, taking Rui along with him.

?Tyranitar!? Wes yelled. ?Stomp attack!?

Tyranitar jumped and landed on top of the robot, knocking him down. The robot easily shoved Tyranitar off its back. ?Good, that grunt is distracted,? Wes said as he placed Rui at a safe distance. ?Stay here, Rui.?

He ran off to continue battling while Rui looked at the destroyed necklace with sadness. ?Wes?s necklace?? she said as tears formed in her eyes. ?Wes won?t be lucky without this??

Suddenly, She had a fiery look in her eyes. ?That robot?s gonna get it now,? she said angrily.

Back at the battle, Tyranitar was being held down by the grunt?s robot. ?You see!? the grunt taunted. ?Your pokemon is no match for this robot!?
?We?ll see about that,? Wes replied. ?Tyranitar! Try to fight back!?

Tyranitar struggled to get himself back up using his great strength. As he got to his feet, he shoved the robot away. ?Not bad,? the grunt said. ?Let?s see if you can cause a dent.?
?With pleasure!? shouted an angry yet girly voice.

Rui held up a mallet, which was much bigger than the one she held before, while everyone was staring at her direction. ?Think you can smash Wes?s things and get away with it!?? she yelled as she leapt into the air. She slammed her onto the robot?s head, much to everyone?s awe, with Jesse and James being the most scared.

The robot, without the head, had its hands out as though it became blind. Still angry at the robot, Rui continued to smash the robot to pieces.

?I have to get out of here,? the grunt said in a nervous tone. As he turned round, Rui was suddenly there in front of him and she gave him an angry look, much to his surprise. ?How did you get here so fast?? he asked in a scared tone.

She didn?t answer as she raised her gigantic mallet. ?Don?t do it!? the grunt yelled cowardly. But Rui didn?t listen as she slammed her weapon onto him, causing a huge explosion upon impact.

Everyone?s eyes became widened with shock and concern at the nearby explosion, with Wes being the most concerned. ?Rui!? he cried as he ran into the smoke of the explosion, his pokemon were about to follow him but Jenny stopped them.

It took a while for Wes to get Rui out of the smoke. They were both coughing as Wes was carrying the exhausted Rui on his arms and laid her on the floor. Rui?s eyesight became blurry as Wes whispered to her, ?Hold on, Rui? hold on.?

Her eyes slowly closed upon hearing that.

A little later, Rui and Wes were sitting on the beach, alone together. They were both admiring the setting sun as they sat close to each other. ?It?s beautiful isn?t it?? Rui asked.
?Not as beautiful as you,? Wes replied.

Rui looked at Wes?s smiling face and blushed. ?I love you, Wes.?
?I love you too,? Wes replied.

Their faces began closing in with closed eyes. They were about to kiss, when suddenly?

?Plusle!?

Plusle leapt in front of Rui?s face as she quickly opened her eyes. She found out that she was in a familiar room as she was wearing a small purple tank top and her mini skirt. She also noticed that the nurse was sitting next to her. It all turned out to be a dream.

?Well, it looks like sleeping beauty?s awake,? the nurse said.
?Where am I?? Rui asked.
?You?re back at the pokemon center. Wes and the others brought you back here after you passed out.?
?Wes! Is he okay!??
?Yes, but he went over to the beach a short while ago.?

Jenny came into the room to check on Rui. ?Ah, Rui,? she said with a smile. ?You?re awake.?
?What is it, Officer Jenny?? Rui asked in a down tone.
?I just need to tell you that the man you beaten up was actually a robot, so no worries there. Also, the other police officers came round to look for the base. They found it and arrested the other grunts. My theory is that the robotic grunt was actually the general of that base, without him the other grunts didn?t stand a chance. Now it?s up to Black Jack and the others to deal with the rest.?
?That?s great,? Rui said, still in a sad tone.
?What?s wrong?? Jenny asked curiously.
?Plusle?? Plusle asked, also curious.
?I?ve bought Wes a necklace today,? Rui explained. ?I was told that it would bring him good luck if he wears it.?
?You don?t need to count on a piece of jewellery to have good luck,? Jenny replied. ?Wes is a strong trainer. Besides, with you around him, I guess he?ll always have good luck.?

Rui looked up to her teammate and smiled. ?Thanks, officer Jenny,? she replied.

On the beach, not far from the pokemon center, Wes was admiring the sunset, along with his pokemon. ?Rui?s right,? he said. ?This beach is a great place to relax.?

He placed his hand in his pocket, took an object out of his pocket and looked at it with a smile. It turned out that it was the broken necklace, which was now fixed.

In a dark room, a shadowy was viewing Wes on one of his screens while placing his finger on his chin. ?Too bad I lost a base,? he said. ?But perhaps I can have them as my advantage? and to my amusement.?

Next episode: Black Jack?s team arrive at a camp full of homeless people? and gets captured by Team Dark. How will the team and the hopeless get out of that predicament?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Episode 4: Pick on the weak

Episode 4: Pick on the weak

Chapter 1:

It was a cold dark night in an oasis. A lot of people in rugged clothing were living in patched-up tents; a lot of poor pokemon were there as well. Suddenly, a bunch of men in Team Dark uniform came round and knocked them about with metal rods and their unleashed pokemon.

?How many times have we told you before, you freaks!? yelled one of the Team dark grunts. ?This is our territory! Now get lost!?
?B-but?? cried one of the poor people nervously. ?Where will we??

Before he could say another word, he was knocked out by another Team Dark grunt in the face with the metal rod.

?Not our problem,? he replied. ?You guys better listen or else!?

Two shadowy figures were standing on top of a tree branch, spying on them. One of them was six-foot ten and the other was five-foot ten. ?How brave of you Team Dark punks,? the taller figure said out loud, catching their attention. ?Picking on the weak.?

They picked out their pokeballs and tossed them out.

?Mightyena, go!?
?Get?m, Feraligatr!?

The two pokemon popped out of their pokeballs and yelled out their battle cries.

?Mightyena! Take Down attack!?

Mightyena leapt into the air and tackled a bunch of Team Dark grunts in one attack.

?Feraligatr! Hydro Pump!?

Feraligatr breathed in heavily and then let out a big jet of water spray out of his mouth and shoved the other bunch away.

The large figure spotted one of the grunts taking out a gun. He jumped down and landed on the grunt?s back. He grabbed the gun that the grunt had dropped and broke it into pieces with his hands. All of the grunts immediately recognised him as the one and only, Black Jack.

?Y?know, there are quicker ways to get to heaven,? Black Jack said. ?Or somewhere else.?

The other figure climbed down to the bottom of the tree. That man was none other than Isaac Wolfpack. He spotted a metal rod that one of the grunts had dropped and picked it up.

?If you guys want to fight, why don?t you fight us instead?? he asked as he motioned them to fight.

?We gotta warn the boss about this,? said one of the grunts. The other grunts nodded in agreement and ran off. Black Jack jumped off the grunt that he landed on. He quickly grabbed him by the back of his jacket and smiled at his face nastily while the grunt startled.

?Why did you pick on those people?? Black Jack asked.
?Well, er?? the grunt started nervously. ?They were in our territory and we had to get them to move away from here.?
?Oh really? Tell your boss that he should let these people stay wherever they want. Also, tell him that he can catch me whenever he wants because I?m sick and tired of looking for him!?

Black Jack forcefully shoved the grunt away from him and picked up another metal rod. The grunt saw this as an opportunity to make a run for it. ?Now get back home, you punk! Your mom?s waiting for you!? Black Jack snarled angrily as he chucked the metal rod at him, missing him on purpose.

?You shouldn?t have let him go, Black Jack,? Isaac said. ?He could?ve told us where his base is.?
?I bet my boot that he wouldn?t say anything,? Black Jack replied. Upon saying that, Meowth, Max and May ran into the scene.

?Long time, no see,? Black Jack said.
Meowth stopped as he tried to get some air back. ?How can I keep up wiv yous guys??

Before anyone can answer, the trio realised that the poor people and pokemon were staring at them. Some of them were scared of them; some of them were suspicious of them.

?I guess these guys could do with a little help,? Black Jack said.
?Good idea,? Isaac replied. ?At least we?ll have some company for tonight?s rest.?
?Wot?? Meowth cried. ?We can?t share our??

Black Jack grabbed him and covered his mouth to shut him up. ?Shut your ?Meowth!?? he snarled.

Elsewhere, a man in a suit was sitting at his desk, talking to another man but in a lab coat.

?? So that is what the boss wants you to do, Dr. Lawson,? said the man in the suit. ?The grunts have informed me of their location. They are just outside our base.?
?Message received and understood,? Lawson replied.
?I hope you?re aware about the boss?s feelings towards failure.?
?I am aware of that, dear sir, but I hear that he does worse when he?s in a good mood.?

Back at the location of the homeless, Isaac was nursing the sick and injured people while Meowth and Max were comforting the pokemon. Black Jack wasn?t doing much as he sat alone. May carried two opened cans of baked beans and offered one of them to him.

?Thanks, kid,? Black Jack said as he accepted her offer.

May sat down next to him and they both looked at the stars and a small moment silence came between them.

?So?? Black Jack started breaking the silence. ?I?ve been wondering, Ketchum told me that you prefer taking part in pokemon contests rather than leagues. What made you come here to this place, knowing that it?s a rough one and that it doesn?t hold any??

?Well, you know a little bit about me, Black Jack,? May started. ?I had some adventures with Ash. Ever since he left to take a break from his journey, I felt kind of bored without him. When we?ve bumped into each other and you mentioned that you and Ash are going on a new adventure, I figured that it would be fun to team up with you guys.?

?I know that tone,? Black Jack said. ?You used to like him, didn?t you??
May became slightly shocked and blushed slightly at what he said. ?How did you know?? she said.
?Let?s just say that nothing can be hidden away from me,? Black Jack replied with a small smile.

May let out a small sigh. ?Yeah,? May said as she looked down on the grassy floor. ?But ever since I noticed how close Ash and Misty were? I decided to let him go cos I want him to be happy? Misty?s also a good friend of mine, so I want her to be happy as well. I came here to help them out so they can be there for each other??

She looked at the stars again. ?If only I?ve met him first,? she said in a down tone.

?Listen,? Black Jack said. ?Ketchum?s a tough kid. I noticed that he took a couple of hits, but that never stopped him doing anything, so there?s no need to worry about him.?

May let out a small sigh in response and Black Jack placed his hand on her shoulder. ?Don?t worry,? he said putting on a small smile. ?You?ll find someone someday.?

Suddenly, helicopters were hovering over the entire camp. Isaac angrily stood up. ?Hey! Some of us are trying to get to sleep, you insensitive jerks!? he shouted.

Small cans were chucked out of the helicopters. ?Oh no!? Black Jack said. ?This doesn?t look good.?

He quickly grabbed May and tried to make a run for it as some foggy gases came out of the cans. They became surrounded by the gas and fainted as they breathed in. The others also fell asleep.

As soon as the gas faded away, the helicopters landed and several Team Dark grunts came out of them. One of them took out a walkie-talkie and spoke into it.

?Task accomplished, sir,? he said.
?Good,? replied a familiar voice. ?I?ll send out a truck for our guinea pigs. People and pokemon alike.?
?Yes sir.?
?A little word of warning? make sure Black Jack doesn?t escape. I have a little job for him later.?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 2

Black Jack was asleep in a small room, which looked like a prison. He slowly opened up his eyes as he woke up. ?Where the heck am I?? he thought to himself as he picked himself up.

He looked around the room and soon realised that he, his comrades and the innocent people have been captured and he got locked up in the Team Dark base. ?How embarrassing!? he thought. ?I gotta think of something to get everyone out of here.?

Elsewhere, in another part of the Team Dark base, the innocent were being surrounded by the grunts, along with Isaac, Max and Meowth. ?I don?t like the look of dis one bit,? Meowth said nervously.

?You all have nothing to fear,? said a voice. Everyone looked in fear as they saw the man in the lab coat, Dr. Lawson.

?Do not be frightened,? he said. ?I have sent my troops to collect the whole lot of you to help you all have a future. All I need is your attention and your trust.?

?Who are you? And where?s my sister!?? Max demanded.

?Hey! Shut up!? shouted one of the grunts as he shoved him down.

?There was no need to be rude, Clark,? Dr. Lawson replied. ?I, myself, have been rude enough not to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Lawson, currently performing operations and experiments to increase one?s strength. I gathered you all here to do just that, for I promise everyone that they will have a great future and purpose in life. And don?t you worry, child, your sister?s safe.?

?I don?t know about you guys,? Isaac said. ?But there?s no way you?re going to be operating on me!?

?We said shut up!? shouted another grunt as he smacked Isaac in the face.

?Why you?? Isaac snarled angrily as he started pummelling the grunt about. The other grunts jumped on him and started stomping on him. Meowth and the others were held back and hurt by another bunch of grunts.

Dr. Lawson turned round, uninterested of the situation as he turned round to look at another grunt. ?Adrian,? he said. ?Get Black Jack out of his cell and lead him to the operating room.?

?But sir,? Adrian replied. ?I don?t think Black Jack will not agree to your favour.?

?We have to take risks sometimes. If he refuses, then you must force him into it.?
?Yes, sir.?

Back in Black Jack?s cell, he was thinking of a way to get out of that predicament. But when he heard the door opened, he smiled at the fact that Team Dark was either brave or stupid enough to let him escape. Even though he had the chance to escape he decided to let the grunts in first. Three grunts stepped into the cell, including Adrian.

?What do you want?? he asked in a rude tone.

Adrian stepped in. ?Hello,? he said, trying to be brave. ?My name is Adrian.?

?I don?t care,? Black Jack replied bitterly.

?I have a proposition for you. Dr. Lawson wants to perform an operation on you. We all know that you and you?re pokemon are very strong, but Dr. Lawson can make you stronger. In exchange, he wants your attention, trust, your worthiness and loyalty to Team Dark.?

?Firstly, I?ll become stronger my own way,? Black Jack replied. ?Secondly, I?m loyal to no one but myself and my pokemon!?

Black Jack ran at the grunts and started pummelling them. After knocking out the two grunts, Adrian got scared and took out a gun. ?Don?t move or I?ll shoot!? he cried.

Black Jack quickly stepped towards him and knocked the gun out of his hand. He then punched him in the stomach causing him to vomit and fall to the floor wriggling in pain. Black Jack ran out of his cell to look for the other prisoners. Adrian took a walkie-talkie out of his pocket and reported the problem to Dr. Lawson.

?You fool!? Dr. Lawson yelled back. ?Send out two of our strongest pokemon trainers you can find in this building!?

?But sir,? Adrian groaned. ?I?m afraid that their pokemon aren?t fully developed yet??

?Just do it!?

Black Jack ran across various rooms and corridors to look for the prisoners to help them escape. Finally, he got into a room where the prisoners were being held. A bunch of Team Dark grunts were surrounding them until Black Jack entered.

?Hey! How did you get out!? shouted one of the grunts.

?I told you he?s unpredictable!? whispered another loudly.

?This is as far as you can go! It?s game over for you!? shouted the first grunt.

?I?m no computer games expert,? Black Jack replied. ?But a guy like me can smack all of you punks into pieces in one go.?

The grunts came rushing in on Black Jack but he fended them off, knocking them down and out. ?I can?t just have fun on my own,? he said as he took all six pokeballs off his belt and tossed them all out. ?C?mon out, boys!?

All of his pokemon came out of their pokeballs and they continued the fight against the grunts. ?Black Jack and his pokemon can?t do this alone,? shouted one of the homeless. ?Let?s help them out!?

All of the homeless, including Isaac, Meowth and Max ganged up on the grunts, Black Jack looked round to see if everyone?s there, he noticed that one person was missing? May. Soon all of the grunts were knocked down and out. ?Meowth, Max, Wolfpack,? Black Jack said as he called back his pokemon. ?Get these people out of here. I?m going May-hunting.?

?May-huntin??? Meowth asked himself as Black Jack ran away.

?Okay, people!? Isaac yelled. ?You heard the big man! Let?s move out!?

?Wait!? Max yelled. ?Let me go look for her!?

?Let him go,? Isaac said, holding Max back. ?Black Jack knows what he?s doing.?

Knowing this, Max gave up trying to get through his comrade, and had full faith in his friend.

Black Jack was running through corridors trying to look for May. Even though he and his teammates rescued the prisoners, he can?t just let one person die in the hands of Team Dark.

He immediately stopped and looked round, he randomly selected a door and barged into it. But, instead of finding May, he found Adrian and two tall, muscular men standing beside him.

?You again?? Black Jack snarled bitterly.

?Ah, Mr. Black Jack,? said Adrian confidently. ?Since you?ve rejected our offer and rudely left without letting us giving you a demonstration, I think that now would be a good time to show you why you shouldn?t have refused us.?

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Chapter 3:

Black Jack was hoping to find May in the room he just barged into. Instead, he found Adrian, one of Dr. Lawson?s grunts, along with two tall and muscular men standing beside him. This should?ve meant trouble to Black Jack but being a proud and confident man, he saw this as a bunch of losers being there to waste his time.

Adrian pointed at Black Jack. ?Number One and Number Two!? he yelled. ?Show him no mercy!?

Number One took out his pokeball and tossed it out. ?Go! Fearow!?

Number Two tossed out his as well. ?Go! Machamp!?

A Fearow and a Machamp popped out of their pokeballs. Those two pokemon had their veins throbbing around parts of their bodies. Black Jack guessed that some types of chemicals might have increased their strengths.

?Time to show you freaks how weak you?re truly are,? Black Jack said as he tossed out his pokeballs. ?Blaziken and Feraligatr! Go!?

Blaziken and Feraligatr popped out of their pokeballs and yelled out their battle cries.

?Machamp!? Number Two yelled. ?Tackle attack!?

Machamp charged at Feraligatr at high speed and shoved him into the wall of the room, making a huge crack in it. ?Feraligatr!? Black Jack yelled. ?Get out of there!?

?Too bad that Blaziken can?t fly,? Number One said, catching Black Jack?s attention. ?Fearow! Drill Peck attack!?

Fearow dived directly at Blaziken while spinning like a drill, also at high speed. But Blaziken quickly dodged out of the way to avoid being hit.

?Too bad that Fearow can?t score a hit!? Black Jack replied. Seeing that Blaziken can take on Fearow without his help, he turned his attention on Feraligatr.

Feraligatr shoved Machamp into another wall. He then gave him a punch to the face. Machamp?s eyes glowed red as more veins appeared on other parts of his body. Feraligatr stepped back in shock and confusion.

?Just don?t let your guard down, Feraligatr!? Black Jack warned. But it was too late, as Machamp came charging at him like a train moving at high speed, pushing and crushing Feraligatr through many walls.

?I don?t like the look of this one bit,? Black Jack said, looking at the action between those two. ?C?mon, Blaziken! Let?s go!?

Blaziken?s eyes looked back at Black Jack as he was battling against Fearow. Fearow dived down at him again but Blaziken quickly reacted to that attack by swinging one of his legs upward, kicking Fearow in the lower beak to stop his attack. Blaziken followed up with a roundhouse Blaze Kick attack to Fearow?s face, sending him flying to the wall, knocking him out.

?Fearow!? Number One shouted.
?You fool!? Adrian shouted. ?How can you let a super pokemon lose to a pathetic one!??
?Nice kicks, Blaziken,? Black Jack said with a smile. ?But right now, we gotta find Feraligatr!?

Blaziken followed Black Jack closely as they ran through the holes that Machamp and Feraligatr caused. ?Oi!? Number One shouted. ?Get back here! We?re not finished yet, you coward!?
?I got better and more important things to do than waste my time with idiots like you,? Black Jack replied as he and his pokemon ran through the damaged walls.

Elsewhere in the base, Dr. Lawson was looking at a girl, who was tied to her seat. ?You?re an interesting girl,? he said. ?Interesting towards my studies. I became quite impressed with the way you?ve tried to fend off my men until they?ve finally strapped you on this comfy chair. Tell me, what?s your name??

?Why should I tell you, bone-face!?? the girl replied angrily, trying to be brave.

?Now don?t be too nasty, child. I only want to give you something that no one would, a purpose in life.?

?Why should I trust you? What do you want from me??

?Ah! Good questions. I don?t want anything from you. But I will promise you this, you will become stronger and after I have finished studying and testing you, everyone will look up to you as though you have the potential to do everything.?

He let his hand out, wanting to shake the girl?s hand. ?Deal??

Suddenly, Machamp and Feraligatr smashed through the wall of the room from the outside. ?What is this?? Dr. Lawson shouted in shock and anger. ?Get out of here! This is not a stadium!?

Black Jack and Blaziken ran into the room where the damaged wall was and spotted the girl strapped to the chair. ?May!? Black Jack yelled. ?We?ll get you out of here! But first, we?re gonna knock the brains out of that Machamp!?

Machamp held Feraligatr by the head and attempted to headbutt him in the face. Feraligatr retaliated by grabbing a metal pole off the floor and hitting Machamp on the head with it.

Machamp became momentarily dazed. ?Hit him again!? Black Jack yelled. Feraligatr did as he was instructed and used the steel pole to hit Machamp?s head again and again until Machamp fell to his knees.

Number One and Number Two were creeping up behind Black Jack and Blaziken. But Black Jack and Blaziken quickly noticed and turned round to fight them.

Black Jack gave Number Two a punch in the face. Number Two staggered back but recovered from the blow as he punched back at him. Black Jack recovered quickly and gave him an angry look. ?Stop wasting my time!? Black Jack yelled.

Number Two punched Black Jack in the face again, but Black Jack didn?t even flinch. Number Two became shocked and scared as the angry Black Jack grabbed him by the neck and started pushing and choking him at the same time.

Blaziken was fighting against Number One. Number One let out a loud roar as he charged at the calmed Blaziken. He went to punch him in the face but Blaziken easily blocked the attack and kicked him in the mid-section, staggering him. As Number One recovered from being hit, Blaziken shook his head in disappointment.

This angered Number One a little bit as he again charged towards him and lifted up his arm to punch him in the face. Blaziken stood his ground, waiting for his opponent to finish his attack, but Number One quickly changed his attack to a sliding kick. Blaziken predicted that coming as he leapt into the air, making Number One miss his attack. Blaziken?s foot quickly landed on top of Number One?s face, smashing his head to the floor, making him unconscious.

Adrian ran into the room to find out what was going on. He looked at Blaziken and smiled confidently as he sneakily took a pebble out of his pocket. ?He?ll do good for the operations,? he thought as he beckoned Blaziken to come and attack him.

Blaziken knew that this would be a trick, but like Black Jack, he?d never back down from a challenge as he quickly ran towards him. Adrian flicked the pebble directly at Blaziken?s face, but he saw it coming and knocked it aside. But the pebble was only there to distract him while Adrian was about to attack him. Knowing that this would happen, Blaziken confidently grabbed his incoming fist and twisted his wrist, causing Adrian to yell out in pain, he then quickly pulled him by the arm and gave him a karate chop to the shoulder, knocking him out cold.

Blaziken noticed that May was still tied to the chair, and quickly tried to untie her.

Back at Black Jack and Number Two, Black Jack kept on slamming Number Two?s head against the walls. ?Not so tough now are you?? Black Jack asked as Number Two was lying on the floor. He quickly spotted an operating table nearby with wheels attached to it and thought an evil thought.

?How about we go for a little ride?? Black Jack asked evilly. He picked up the motionless man and placed him on the table. Black Jack ran as he pushed the table with Number Two on it.

While he was pushing the table, he spotted Machamp and Feraligatr still fighting each other. ?Take a dive, Machamp, you insult for a pokemon!? Black Jack snarled as he gave the table a great big shove. Feraligatr spotted the table coming towards him and Machamp and jumped out of the way. Machamp wasn?t so lucky as he got caught with the collision of the table. The force of the table sent Number Two and Machamp crashing through the window. They fell seventy-feet, crashing to the ground, much to the shock of the people who were escaping the base.

?What happened?? Max asked in a shocked tone. ?This didn?t involve Black Jack did it??
?Gee,? Meowth replied. ?I hope not, or else dee other guys would have a few words to say about dis.?

Isaac checked on the fallen Machamp and its trainer by feeling their pulses. ?Thank goodness,? he said in relief.

Back inside the building, Blaziken and May stared in awe when they saw what happened. Black Jack walked into the room, gnarling his teeth in frustrated manner? then he smiled evilly. ?Is there a doctor in the house?? he asked nastily as he looked round.

To the pokemon, May, and Black Jack?s disappointment, he was nowhere to be seen. ?Oh well,? Black Jack said sarcastically.

Outside?

?Alright, you guys!? Isaac yelled, catching the poor people?s attention. ?As soon as Black Jack and May come out, we can all get out of here!?
?You?re not going anywhere!? an angry voice said.

Everyone turned to the voice?s attention? it was Dr. Lawson, holding a gun. ?Perhaps you all didn?t hear me very well,? he said. ?I tried to be nice to you people. But since that didn?t work, I?m now forcing to get back into the base and be operated so you will all work for Team Dark!?
?So that?s it!? Isaac shouted. ?I?ll take your bullet but the other guys will trash the other bases!?
?Don?t be a fool,? Dr. Lawson replied. ?Just do as I tell you!?
?We pay no attention to punks like you!? said a nasty voice.

A man knocked the gun out of Dr. Lawson?s hand. He then forcefully made him turn to look at him in the face. That face belonged to none other than Black Jack? who looked really angry, even with his sunglasses on.

?Mr. Black Jack!? Dr. Lawson said nervously. ?I know it was a bit unorthodox to bring you here to this base but I only wanted to run a few tests on you and I also promise you a real purpose in life??
?Test this!? Black Jack snarled as he punched him in the face, knocking him down.

Dr. Lawson was whimpering in pain as he held his hurt face. Black Jack walked towards him and crouched down to him. ?If you want to keep a promise, then promise me this,? he said in an evil tone. ?Never ever harm these people again. You will make me this promise cos I am the last guy that you want to mess with? understand??

Dr. Lawson nodded, agreeing to keep that promise. Black Jack walked towards the gun that he knocked down and picked it up. ?C?mon, boys and girls,? he said. ?Let?s go.?

?Black Jack,? Isaac said as he pointed at Machamp and Number Two. ?What about those guys??
?Leave them,? Black Jack replied in moody tone.

They walked deeply into the oasis. ?And just to make sure that they don?t do any more operations?? Black Jack thought as he grasped the gun harshly.

Suddenly, most of the Team Dark base exploded, much to Dr. Lawson?s distress.

At the same time the building exploded, Black Jack broke the gun into pieces. ?Good thing I dropped a bomb in there while I was looking for the kid,? he thought as he tossed the broken parts of the gun aside.

It didn?t take the people long before they found their tents since it was close to the Team Dark base. Everyone thanked Isaac, Max and Meowth for bringing them back to safety while Black Jack sat alone.

May walked over to him and sat next to him. ?Black Jack? I?m sorry,? she said.
?For what, kiddo?? Black Jack asked in a calmed tone.
?For getting you in trouble.?
Black Jack smiled. ?Don?t worry, kid. I got into troubles bigger than this.?
?And I also wanna thank you,? May said. ?For saving my life.?
?No problem, kid.?
?Is there anything I can do for you??
?Nah.?

Black Jack was waiting for a reply, but to his surprise, May had fallen asleep. He smiled as he carefully picked her up and took her to her tent. He placed her in her sleeping bag so she could sleep through the night. ?Nighty night, kid,? he whispered as he left.

The next morning, everyone in the group started to pack up their things, except Black Jack who claimed that he doesn?t need any paraphernalia. As they packed, May couldn?t help but think what Black Jack did the other night just to save her? does he love to hurt people just for fun or would he do anything to help others in need, even if it meant hurting others.

After they finished packing, Isaac went to make an announcement to the homeless. ?Okay, may I have everyone?s attention please??

Everyone looked at Isaac, wanting to know what he had to say. ?Since everyone of you need to find new homes, I strongly recommend that everyone should follow us and we?ll take you the pokemon center. They?ll have food and drinks and they also have treatment for those in need of medical attention??
?It?s not that we don?t appreciate it,? replied one of the poor people. ?But we prefer to live in this oasis. We want to be connected with nature and pokemon to become one with them.?
?I guess we all have different ways with life,? May replied. ?Besides, since that base is gone, these people are safe.?
?I tink Jesse would disagree wiv dese people,? Meowth said.
?Again, we want to thank you for saving our lives,? said another homeless person. ?We don?t know how to repay you.?
?Well, er?? Meowth mumbled.

Suddenly, Black Jack?s fist came down on Meowth?s head, knocking him down and making his eyes swirly.

?No need,? Isaac replied. ?You?re all safe and happy, that?s the rewarding part.?

Everyone said their goodbyes as Isaac, Max, May, Meowth and Black Jack left camp together. As they got out of the camp?s sight, Black Jack?s face turned from a small smile into an evil frown. ?Team Dark leader,? he thought deeply. ?You?ve seen what I have done to that base? now let?s see if you?re as hopeless as they are.?

Meanwhile, a shadowy figure was viewing the screens, this time mainly on Black Jack. ?You?re due for a loss, sooner or later,? he snarled.

Next episode: Ash?s team arrives at the third Team Dark base? but it appears to be empty?
More coming!

Brian Powell

Have a nice day!
Years
Episode 5: Lost in base

Chapter 1:

?There it is.?

Mecha, Ash, Misty, Brock and Stevens have made it to the third base. The second task at that moment was to find and arrest the criminals involved.

?Okay, let?s get ?em,? Ash suggested.
?Wait a minute, Ash,? Misty warned. ?What if there are guards out there? There are chances that they would bring out the others.?
?Good thinking,? Stevens said. ?And I thought I was the detective.?

They sneaked near the base. It appeared to be unguarded.

?Quiet,? Stevens said. ?Too quiet.?
?We might as well scout the area,? Brock said.
?Good idea. But make sure no one sees you.?

The group went into separate directions. Half an hour later, they made their way back to their spying place. All of them said that they?ve spotted no guards.

?I?m getting the feeling that this base has been abandoned,? Stevens replied. ?But we should sneak inside the base, just in case. Any ideas??

?Strange,? Mecha thought. ?Team Dark always has their bases heavily guarded. I don?t like the look of this one bit. Still, if we do get a surprised ambush, I?d like to see how Ketchum gets out of that situation.?

?There?s this trash chute that I spotted,? Brock suggested.
?Ew!? Misty complained in disgust, not liking the idea of climbing up the chute. ?Does anyone else know another route, a clean one??

Everyone shook their heads, much to Misty?s disappointment. She turned to Mecha. ?Mecha,? she said, sounding hopeful. ?You have been a Team Dark member before right? Don?t you know another way in??
?Well, I didn?t shake my head for nothing,? Mecha replied.

?Well, I?m not going in there,? Misty said.
?Well, we could have you on the lookout,? Stevens said as he placed his finger on his chin while thinking.
?Just don?t let the bugs out here bite you,? Mecha warned. ?Their bites sting a lot.?
?B-b-bugs?? Misty said being startled.

Before she could let a loud scream, Ash ran over to her and placed his hand on her mouth just time before she could possibly alert the grunts from the inside the base. He hugged her, comforting and assuring her that he was there for her.

?Was it something I said?? Mecha said in a puzzled tone.
?Misty hates bugs,? Brock said. ?It?s like Black Jack not liking Team Rocket.?

Knowing that she had no choice but to go with them, Misty let out a small sigh of irritation. ?I?m not going to like this one bit,? she thought.

They found the trash chute, which was at the back of the base where Brock found it. None of them were enjoying the experience as they crawled through, with Misty being the most irritated as she kept on cursing their entrance route.

The chute led them into room where it appeared to be a kitchen. Everyone was taking deep breaths as soon they have finished crawling through the smelly chute. Mecha quickly spotted a security camera on the kitchen wall and disabled it.

He then walked over to a ventilator and tugged it off the wall. ?You guys get into this ventilator,? he said, giving them the directions to the security room. ?I won?t be able to fit in there, so I?ll have to make it to the control room my own way.?
?Won?t the guards spot you?? Stevens asked.
?As long as I have this metal arm, they?ll see me as one the base?s pokemon. If they try to call for help, I?ll knock them out.?
?Looks like you?ll get there first,? Brock said. ?It?s not easy crawling through those things.?

As soon as Stevens, Ash, Misty and Brock climbed into the ventilator, Mecha quickly attached the metal part on the wall. He then made his way out. He walked through corridors, hoping that no one would see him and he also avoided the sightings of the cameras along the way.

?Huh,? he said. ?No one?s here. Is this place really abandoned??

He finally made it to the control room. As he opened the door, he found that his comrades made it there first.

?Mecha,? Ash said. ?Did anyone spot you??
?Avoiding the cameras wasn?t easy,? Mecha replied. ?But I managed to avoid them all.?

They noticed that the entire monitor screens were switched off, meaning that all of the security cameras have been switched off.

?Something?s really wrong here,? Mecha said.
?What do you mean?? Ash asked.
?Why would a base like this be abandoned?? Mecha said as he scatched his head.
?Well, it could be that Black Jack and the others might have destroyed the other bases. And after hearing that, the members of this base probably made a hasty retreat,? Stevens answered theoretically.

?Surprise, surprise, law people,? said a voice.

Everyone quickly looked around, as they didn?t know where the voice came from.

?You?re voice sounds lousy,? Mecha joked. ?Hang up and call again.?
?So, Mecha,? replied the voice. ?What brings you here? Doing the laws? dirty work??
?I work for nobody, I only work for myself,? Mecha replied calmly.
?Of course. I?m just calling to warn you that the grunts of this base would be returning to give you all a great big surprise.?
?I knew it,? Stevens moaned.
?You knew and you didn?t tell us?? Ash said with a frown.
?I apologies for ruining the surprise for you? just act surprise when they get back. Tara.?

The speaker was then switched off.

?There?s two things to do,? Stevens said. ?I?m gonna set the timer here in the control room for thirty minutes. After I?ve set it, we gotta get out of here. Got that everyone??
?Got it,? everyone said in response.

Mecha ripped open one of the controllers and Stevens placed the time bomb in it while setting the timer. ?Now!? Stevens yelled. ?Go! Go!?

Everyone ran out of the room and made their way to the kitchen as quickly as possible. But to their shock, they saw the trash chute shutting itself up, making them unable to escape. ?No!? Ash said. ?Mecha, if you secretly know more secret exits of this place, now?s the good time to tell us.?
?I can?t,? Mecha replied. ?The only we can do now is find it.?

Back