• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Olympics [Sign-Up Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

ROLEPLAY OLYMPICS
Sign-up Thread

If you're looking for the judging sign ups, click here.
Welcome to the Roleplay Olympics! The Roleplay Olympics (RPOs) are much like the regular Olympics. You can participate in the following listed events for medals (in this case emblems). However, instead of testing your physical prowess, the RPOs are all about writing! Post a reply in this thread stating which events you would like to participate in, and you're officially in the RPOs! However, before you reply, take a look at the rules of the RPOs. If you have any additional questions, VM or PM one of the event coordinators: Supervegeta, Raikiri, or The_Original_Raitan, or the Moderator of the Roleplay Corner, Skymin.​

Rules

1. Unless listed otherwise in each particular category, the rating for each category has a T limit.
  2. You cannot import posts from other RPs. Every post has to be original, and created by you in the timeframe of the RPOs. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. You may still use characters and themes from RPs that exist, as long as the post itself is original.
  3. There is no limit for the amount of categories you may participate in. Everyone is welcome to join.
  4. There is a panel of 5 judges which will score all posts on a scale of 1 to 10. The RPer with the highest amount of points wins top prize.
  5. Every post should have two things: A title and a Rating. Both of these must be included in the post, otherwise the post will be disqualified. You may list ratings by in the style shown in this link: http://www.fictionratings.com/
  6. Unless listed otherwise, the minimum word count for every category's post is 500, and the maximum is 3000.
  7. If insufficient amount of people sign up for a category/event after the week is done, then the category will be closed.
  8. It will be like the true olympics when it comes down to the medals (emblems) you receive from the RPO, being a standard Bronze for third place, Silver for second place, and Gold for first place. And of course, a standard participation-medal* (emblem) for your effort.
    *In order to receive this, your post must be up and submitted. No signing up and expecting the emblem immediately. You must post, or you are not receiving the emblem.
  9. Do not post spam in this thread. This thread is only for a single post signing up for the events of the RPOs.
  10. The RPO sign up thread will be open for a week. If you would like to participate in the RPOs, sign up for the events you wish to enter within that week. Sign up before August 8th, 11:59pm (GMT).

Informative Note: These events will NEVER be based on how large a post is. Someone who posts the bare minimum is just as likely to win as someone who posts the maximum. Just because you make it longer, doesn't mean you will win. Quality over quantity.​

Categories

Battle!
Two RPers enter as a team, and fight it out. You must have a partner to enter this event. The manner of the fight can be in any way of the team's choosing, whether by Pokemon battle, samurai swords, or battleships, and everything in between! It can be set in any time period, in any place, at any time.
The purpose of this event is to judge the fight itself, not the outcome. The panel will judge based on the entertainment, gratification, and (insert big word) the fight provides.
Minimum word count for this event is 750, and the maximum is 3500.

Escape
A certain situation will be provided to you during the start of this event. In it, your objective is simple: escape from your current situation, in which you will be confined or constrained in some way (the matter of which will not be revealed until the event begins). In the situation, you will be provided with multiple tools and methods (physical or mental) needed to escape.
The purpose of this event is to test your wit and quick thinking with your writing. The RPer that exhibits the most creativity, cleverness, plausibility and sharpness, as well as backs it up with qualitative writing in their escape will win.

My First Catch
The event is simple. You're recreating the first time you've ever caught a Pokemon. The circumstance and area can be anything you like, so long as the objective remains the same: your first Pokemon catch.
Judged based on creativity, entertainment, and believability (among others things).

Rescue Mission
Like the 'Escape!' event, 'Rescue Mission' will be a situational event. You will be placed into a certain event and will have to find a way to rescue either an individual or an item (the mission itself will be revealed once the event begins).
You can join this event as a team. Up to four people may participate as part of your team. However, you may also enter by yourself, or with less than four people if you choose.
The minimum word count for this event is 750, and the maximum is 3500.

Parody
The goal here is to take any piece of fiction you want, whether it be from a book, movie, television show, comic, etc., and make a parody out of it. A fine example of a parody would be an abridged series from Youtube. Whether it be Dragon Ball Z or Yugioh.
This will be judged by how humorous, creative, and entertaining the piece is. You have the option of joining with another person on this event.

One-Line
The purpose of this event is to judge based on a single sentence. It can be as humorous or as serious as you like, and can be about absolutely anything.
There can be no run-on sentences, nor any hyphens or semi-colons to enlarge the sentence.
There is no word limit or maximum for this event. However, only one sentence is allowed. Simple as that.

Genre Events
The following events are all similar in that they focus on a specific genre for their writing. In these genres, you may write about absolutely anything, so long as it relates to the genre you've signed up for.
You must apply for each genre event separately to participate, not as a whole.
One post per genre. You cannot count a single post as multiple genre events.
Here is a list of available genre events:
  • Horror
  • Comedy
  • Romance
  • Drama
  • Mystery/Suspense
  • Sci Fi/Fantasy
All genre events can be joined as a pair of Roleplayers, except the Horror and Mystery/Suspense genres, which must be entered individually. Keep in mind that you do not HAVE to join a pair, but the option is available to you.
If you work with another person on a genre post, the minimum word count is 750, and the maximum is 3500.

Short Story/Character
This event is here as a canvas for the participant's creativity, as this will be very free. There are practically no limits here. If you want to write about a waffle named Bobby, go ahead! You are free to write about whatever you choose, so long as it is a story, which should involve at least one character.
This is a two-part event, with the possibility of winning two different emblems. One for the story itself, and one for a character in the story. A person can win the short story emblem, but not the character, and vice versa.
This must be a solo write.
Word limit is to be between 750-5000 words total.​

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
OMG It's open! :D Yeah, can't be in a judging position due to summer school but I will gladly participate in some events!

I will sign up for: Escape, My First Catch, and One-Liner, and Short Story/Character

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Excited for this! And here to represent the host city London! BOOM!
Signing up for;

Battle!

Escape!

My First Catch

One-Line

Genre Events
*Comedy
*Drama

EDIT: Added Escape ^_^

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Yay! It's here! :D

Signing up for:
  • Escape
  • Romance
  • Drama
  • Mystery/Suspense
  • Short Story

EDITED! No Rescue Mission for me. /shrugs

Last edited:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Okay, well now's my chance to take on way more than I can handle. I want to enter for...

• Escape
  • My First Catch
  • Rescue Mission
  • Romance
  • Drama
  • Sci Fi/Fantasy
    and...
  • Short Story/Character

Seven seems like just enough for me.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Entering these, all alone. :3

Escape

My First Catch

One-Line

Genre Events

Romance
Mystery/Suspense​

Short Story/Character

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"Finally, a chance to prove myself!" he shouted triumphantly and held up a fist in determined zeal.
Sci fi/Fantasy
Comedy
One liner
Short story/Character
Escape
I'll sign up for battle later,so i'll search for a partner.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
ROLEPLAY OLYMPICS

I think I'll sign up for these two. However, I don't currently have a partner for battle. Would it be okay if I may find one and have them sign up on battle, listing me as their partner?

Categories

Battle! (Partnered with heretostay123)
Two RPers enter as a team, and fight it out. You must have a partner to enter this event. The manner of the fight can be in any way of the team's choosing, whether by Pokemon battle, samurai swords, or battleships, and everything in between! It can be set in any time period, in any place, at any time.
The purpose of this event is to judge the fight itself, not the outcome. The panel will judge based on the entertainment, gratification, and (insert big word) the fight provides.

One-Line
The purpose of this event is to judge based on a single sentence. It can be as humorous or as serious as you like, and can be about absolutely anything.
There can be no run-on sentences, nor any hyphens or semi-colons to enlarge the sentence.
There is no word limit or maximum for this event. However, only one sentence is allowed. Simple as that.​

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
ROLEPLAY OLYMPICS

I think I'll sign up for these two. However, I don't currently have a partner for battle. Would it be okay if I may find one and have them sign up on battle, listing me as their partner?

Categories

Battle!

One-Line
There is no word limit or maximum for this event. However, only one sentence is allowed. Simple as that.
If your ok with it,I'll sign up for battle with you.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I guess this'll be the test of how much I have or haven't improved over these past months; sounds like fun.

Categories

Escape
A certain situation will be provided to you during the start of this event. In it, your objective is simple: escape from your current situation, in which you will be confined or constrained in some way (the matter of which will not be revealed until the event begins). In the situation, you will be provided with multiple tools and methods (physical or mental) needed to escape.
The purpose of this event is to test your wit and quick thinking with your writing. The RPer that exhibits the most creativity, cleverness, plausibility and sharpness, as well as backs it up with qualitative writing in their escape will win.

My First Catch
The event is simple. You're recreating the first time you've ever caught a Pokemon. The circumstance and area can be anything you like, so long as the objective remains the same: your first Pokemon catch.
Judged based on creativity, entertainment, and believability (among others things).

Rescue Mission
Like the 'Escape!' event, 'Rescue Mission' will be a situational event. You will be placed into a certain event and will have to find a way to rescue either an individual or an item (the mission itself will be revealed once the event begins).
You can join this event as a team. Up to four people may participate as part of your team. However, you may also enter by yourself, or with less than four people if you choose.
The minimum word count for this event is 750, and the maximum is 3500.

One-Line

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Hmm... I would like to sign up for these:

Escape

One-Line

Rescue mission with Elite Killer

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Elite Killer is here, and ready to represent Texas! Yee-haw! (And America, but you get it)

I wish to enter the following events:

Battle

Escape

Rescue (Teaming up with XxLegionxX)

Mystery/Suspense

Short Story/Character

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'll go with Escape, My First Catch and I think I'll give Parody a go.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
This seems fun, and I do live reasonably near London, which is all the encouragement I need. I'll sign up for:

Escape
My First Catch
Rescue Mission
Parody
One-Line
Genre Events:
Horror, Comedy, Sci Fi/Fantasy, Mystery/Suspense
Short Story/Character

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
While judging is totally out of my hands because I am a terribad critic, signing up for the actual event sounds fun. For now put me down for Romance, I may add more later. :3

EDIT: I've also decided I'll try my hand on Mystery/Suspense, Escape, and Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I will participate in:

Escape

Genre Events (partnered with ShinyDiamond)
*Comedy
*Romance
*Drama
*fantasy

Short Story/Character

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back