• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon: legend of lugia

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
Years
OK

MY hack idea (this will be my first one)
hack of:
fire red

features: new islands
new character looks
new scripts
great story line
new way to travel quickly instead of flying.
more....
storyline:

You live on a small chain of islands called the lurana islands.
They are calm and peaceful until one day a mysterious silver bird flies overheard.
Many pokemon hunters including thugs and team rockets follow this bird to try and catch it.
So you set out to find it, stop the thugs and rockets plans and return the islands to its usually peaceful state.
but as you wander throughout your home islands a sinister plot unfolds and you are the only person who can stop it.

legendaries included:
Lugia (duh!)
either celebi or jirachi.

Screenshots:
starting town:
lapbay1.bmp

the bay:
lapbay3.bmp
lapbay2.bmp

more coming soon:

hack support userbar:
see below(in siggy)

hack team:
Me
blaziken dude

so what do u think?(ill get screenies up a.s.a.p)

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
....well I can't really tell me what I think if all you say is new stuff and 'great storyline'
you'll have to talk about it and explain it more for a valid evaluation

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
well, that's a little better
still needs work though, here's some suggestions
Include a little more detail in the storyline, like:
Why do you want to catch lugia? Are you trying to protect it? are you trying to study it? do you just want it because you want to be the best? etc..
Who's your rival? What challenges will you face?

as for the maps, I like having beach/island towns, but your maps look far too bare for now.
I don't want to sound mean, because I think you've got some okay ideas, but this needs a lot of work, but eh, that's what this section is for right?
keep working on things and improving your skills. good luck!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
This looks promising, but it does need some work. :\

Erimgard has some excellent points, in fact that's exactly what I thought while reading your post. I do have one thing to add though. One thing new hackers seem to forget about is how the in game character finds out about the Pokemon league challenge (if you plan on keeping it in). You can't just assume the player will know about it, and you need to make sure it is fully explained. Remember, a well made game flows so well that even the least experienced player knows what's going on 100% of the time, that is not to say that it should become predictable though. Oh, and make sure you throw some character development in too, it adds underlying conflict.

Now about your maps. You have a nice design, but the south half of the bay is a little to open. You can find a very nice mapping tutorial by Deimos here. It also wouldn't hurt to get a custom palette as well as some custom tiles in there.

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
Years
ok ill add a bit off detail to the storyline.
also, since this will be my first hack i was just going to keep it the normal tileset and change it for my future ones... you know, just to get the feel of making a hack.
also in the bay ect. there are a few people as well as lapras' and other things that fill it up a little.
(p.s. there isnt going to be a pokemon league)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
also in the bay ect. there are a few people as well as lapras' and other things that fill it up a little.
Alright, as long as you don't leave it wide open, I'm sure it will look fine.

(p.s. there isnt going to be a pokemon league)
That's cool, it adds originality to the hack. Just make sure that you have something to fill in for the gap this will leave. Oh, and that is something you may want to add to the first post.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
ah, a hack with no pokemon league challenge
does this mean no gyms?
and if so, have you thought of ways to make the game interesting/fun/challenging without gyms? and ways to impliment the badge system without gyms?
It's nice to see a hack with an original plot/gameplay, IF you can pull it off and still make it interesting. got anything in mind yet, or still in the basic stages?

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
Years
well i was going to have gyms but only 4 of them becuase they arent actually the story its just stuff that u need to do to continue with the story e.g. need to be able to use surf.

well for the gap.. i dont know mabye a few suggestions would be handdy but i might have to do a battle frontier thing or something.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Hey I see you finally poste it up....
Well I the progeress I have made is:
The First Town
The First Route
The Second Town
The Second Route
A cave
A Sea Route

Soooo I will post those maps here once my break is over..
I'm on a temporary computer without all of my files!
Well If you didn't know...
I'm one of the mappers!
Well I'll post some more later!
Adios Amigos!

Back