• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future mega-evolutions?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you were to give a mega-evolution form to any Pokémon in the future? Which would you select? Why would you choose it? How would you expect it to look? How good would you imagine it to be in competitiveness? :P

Years
My top picks are:

Stantler - More muscular build, moose-like antlers, and psychic typing given it's mystic orbs. Which should be a bit more prominent.
Corsola - Grow in size, same proportions, just add white sand on the back with more colorful coral and sea . Think the pinker and cuter version of this.
396.png

This is the closest to what I have in mind.
Spoiler:

Some other designs I love are:
Spoiler:

I prefer most of these over the megalutions GF came up with. Too many bulky, uncreative, tassel-crazy pokemon with no taste! ugh. I actually like the idea of mega pokemon, just not a vast majority of the designs. The only significant disappointment of gen 6 for me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
While looking for Mega-Gallade concept art (nothing in a tuxedo to match Gardevoir sadly), I found this pretty interesting design for Cofagrigus.

BIrI7ye.png

Maybe give it more of an offensive presence, something like they did for Banette.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd really like to see mega Skarmory. I'd like its design to be mean- and vicious-looking; something like this:

Spoiler:

Statistically, it could be gaining boost Attack and Speed, and slight decrease in its defenses, maybe, to make sure that it doesn't turn out overpowered. Mega Metagross would be nice, too, as well as mega Flygon. :]

Years
I'm not going to hold out much hope for a Mega Butterfree, but I'd be very happy to see any of Mega Azumarill, Mega Froslass/Glalie, or Mega Meganium for the name value. Actually, all of the starter Pokemon from each generation should have Mega Evolutions in my opinion, not just 4 of the current 18.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
I'd like to see an alternate ME for Gengar, one that reverts it back to a gaseous state.

I'd love to see something with Wigglytuff. Maybe a more humanoid incarnation? Or maybe something with natural armor like Donphan. I'd love to see a Mega Wigglytuff that could roll up into a ball.

Years
Chikorita is one of my favourite Pokemon so I'd love to see a mega-evolution of Meganium :3 Aurorus would be another I'd like to see, but it looks pretty spectacular the way it is.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
While looking for Mega-Gallade concept art (nothing in a tuxedo to match Gardevoir sadly), I found this pretty interesting design for Cofagrigus.

Spoiler:

Maybe give it more of an offensive presence, something like they did for Banette.

That Cofragius design is simply amazing, id love to see that!!
I think there is a lot of Pokemon that deserve a nice buff, like Myghtiena, who just needs better stats overall, Sableye, whose mega evolution could be offensive. And a Mega-Version of Arcanine would be freaking awesome :D

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I'd like to see all the starters get a Mega-Evolution, not just the basic ones.
Also, I agree with a Mega-Skarmory. Skarmory is pretty defensive, so an offensive mega-skarmory would be awesome.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I'd really like to see Mega Tropius. It needs a beefing up. Who doesn't like Bananasaurus?
Spoiler:

Also.... PLEASE make mega Golurk!
Spoiler:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I think Megas for all the starters would be nice to see. Mega Typhlosion would be pretty cool if they did it right.

I also think it would be neat if they came out with Megas for some other legendaries. Maybe Megas for the 3 dogs from the Johto region? I can imagine Mega Suicune would look awesome.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
I would like to see at least the remaining two Hoenn starters get Mega evolutions, if not all of the starters at some point in the future.

Would also love to see Mega Dragonite, although I don't think it's necessary, and Mega Cacturne. I can imagine Mega Arcanine being very beautiful, too.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
I would love to see a Mega Milotic. Maybe a nice boost in Speed, Sap sipper ability, a little boost in attack...I think a Mega Milotic would be amazing o.o

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
Arcanine please! I haven't really seen any good concept art for it, but I think Nintendo could make him into an awesome Fire/Dragon Mega.

Ninetales to go with Arcanine. I could totally see Fire/Ghost.

Typhlosion has awesome fan art for a mega.

Years
Definitely a Mega Feraligatr! It would get bigger, more teeth, and more spikes. And maybe even become a duel water/dragon?

I also love the idea of mega arcanine and ninetales, they definitely need it!

Back