• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dead Rising: Another's 72 Hours

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • -- 12:59P.M.

Feli searched the bodies, finding licenses and cash. He handed it to Gerald. "Nothing useful." said Gerald, who tossed the licenses to the first floor, but kept the cash. Feli grabbed his hand as Gerald went to put the bills in his pocket.

"No. That is not ours." he said, taking the money from Gerald. "We have no need for it."

"What about after this? I'm not planning on dying today. My wife is dead already. I'll have to start my life over again." said Gerald, getting annoyed.

"I am sorry for your loss, but stealing is not our goal today. Respect the dead." said Feli as he looked up to the windows in the roof, "We need to hurry. My sister cannot wait."

"Yes…yes, let's find her." said Gerald, worriedly. He didn't want to offend his only ally in this horrible nightmare. As they walked on, Gerald tossed the money away.

A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.

-- 1:00P.M.

They walked down the escalator and found that the zombies hadn't gotten as far as them, yet. They could see the hoard still down at the front of the Entrance Plaza. Obviously still feasting on their 11 course meal from thirty minutes ago.

"You two, there!" said an old man in the book store, Everyone Luvs Books, "What the hell do you want? You brought me here, to this damned mall! You tricked me!"

Feli made a movement to walk towards the old man, but he shrieked and ran inside

"We should get going. It's been an hour since we got here." said Gerald.

"My sister. She is waiting for me. They have her." Feli said, as he began walking towards the entrance to Al Fresca Plaza.

"Who does?" asked Gerald, but Feli continued walking. Gerald sighed, then hurried after him.

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
  • wow....this is pretty good! Gives a whole new perspective to the game.

I was reading a few posts ago, and someone wished Feli had a more african weapon, but yeah, unfortunatly no african weapons(aside from the push broom handle)....this IS a capcom game afterall. this mainly being the reason you can get the megabuster(real/novelty) so yeah, the katana, battle ax, and sword(found in Ripper's Blades in north plaza, which is accessable through al freska, then the food court, then wonderland plaza) are truely the best melee weapons in the game. other than the everlasting energy sword, but thats just not fair, and kind of innaccessable to gerald.

anywho, enough explaining! keep up the good work, and I wish I could write as well as you! >.<

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • wow....this is pretty good! Gives a whole new perspective to the game.

I was reading a few posts ago, and someone wished Feli had a more african weapon, but yeah, unfortunatly no african weapons(aside from the push broom handle)....this IS a capcom game afterall. this mainly being the reason you can get the megabuster(real/novelty) so yeah, the katana, battle ax, and sword(found in Ripper's Blades in north plaza, which is accessable through al freska, then the food court, then wonderland plaza) are truely the best melee weapons in the game. other than the everlasting energy sword, but thats just not fair, and kind of innaccessable to gerald.

anywho, enough explaining! keep up the good work, and I wish I could write as well as you! >.<

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I've wanted to do this for a long time now. Finally got down to it.

I'll be introducing two original psychopaths and a couple more original characters soon.

I'll post the final two parts to chapter one tonight.

XD; It just takes some practice and dedication. I'm sure you will be a great writer soon, if you really want it.

SilverTail

Years
  • i've been writing for a few months now, so far I've got an AtlA fanfic(on hiatus till I can see more of season 3) and a Naruto fanfic, which i'm writing till I can get the other up and running again.

still a good fanfiction, although i'm wondering how gerald and Feli discover the use of the queens? (if its coming up in the rest of the chapter, dont bother telling xD)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Actually, the Queens haven't hit my mind yet. They will in the second chapter though.

-------------------------

-- 1:04P.M.

They walked out of the Entrance Plaza into the midday sun and the cooling breeze. It was peaceful. Gerald shut the glass door behind himself. They had pulled down the metal safety gate to keep zombies from getting further than the Entrance Plaza. It would safe more lives and they wouldn't have to hassle with any more.

The passed the fountain and the Columbian Roastmasters café. Gerald sighed, his mouth watering, as the brewed coffee from earlier had boiled and shattered the coffee pot. Bagels and chips sat opened where people had previously been enjoying a summer day at the mall. They kept walking, seeing the remnants of panicked people dropping their bags and items. Roastmaster drinks lay in the pathway, puddles of iced mocha and black coffee invading the crevices of sealant keeping the tiles together.

Gerald looked around. Jewelry stores and a glasses shop were the stores he saw. Flexin' was in the background, ominous with its weights and heavy bars laying around.

A screaming wail from the jewelry store, Riverfield Jewelry, caused Gerald and Feli to jump in alarm. Feli unsheathed his katana and faced the store. Gerald waved for him to put it down, then crept towards the store. A woman was slumped behind the cashier's counter. Blood covered her, but she didn't have a bite or scratch on her.

"She's gone," she said, "Oh, no. No, no, no. She can't be gone."

"Who?" asked Gerald.

"…get away from me, you zombie!" she screamed, as she jumped to her feet. She grasped Gerald by the neck and squeezed. His lungs gasped for air, as his eyes bulged. Feli ran forward and tugged her away from Gerald.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" gasped Gerald, rubbing his throbbing throat.

"Zombies…she…gone…" mumbled the woman, incoherently.

Feli began walking away. Gerald fumbled after, still feeling woozy. He took a look back. She was still crying, but didn't seem to care that they had departed. Her mind was wrapped around whatever haunted her. They reached the entrance to the Food Court. Gunfire and yells could be heard, even from outside.

Feli and Gerald pressed their faces against the window to get a better look. They saw a man, a Spaniard, standing on the Food Court balcony. He had a machine gun and was aiming at something out of view. He fired it off, but he didn't seem to make contact with his intended target, as he reloaded, then began again.

Gerald saw, with a bit of shock, Brad stick his head out from behind the ledge of Chris' Fine Foods and shot several rounds at the Spaniard, who had ducked behind the cowboy monument. He reemerged, but didn't face Brad again.

Just then, Gerald saw it. The Spaniard had turned his weapon on them. It was split-second, but Gerald, without thinking, pushed Feli from the line of bullets. Gerald saw the gun light up. Bullets flew through the glass door with force and hit Gerald, once in the hand, two more times in the left leg and another in the stomach. Several other bullets crashed into the tiled flooring of Al Fresca Plaza. Gerald groaned, then made to get out of sight, but several more bullets blew through the windows, which shattered onto Gerald, two more bullets slamming into Gerald's gut. The end. Never thought it'd be like…this, Pamela…Heather…I'm so sorry I couldn't save you, he thought. He reached up to Feli. There was something in his hand. A photograph. Feli grabbed it.

"Save my daughters." moaned Gerald, mouth drooling with blood. One tear streamed down his cheek. His hand hit the tile, then his head. He gasped for breath, then lay motionless.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Chapter Two Preview
    -----------

Okay, so this is just a preview. Eiichi won't be in the main chapter two storyline. I just wanted to see if I could write well with him. So...if you read this, please comment and tell me if I should keep him or not. D:

-----------

--1:06P.M.

Eiichi Taguchi walked into Wonderland Plaza. His friends had ran here after they heard that some sort of disease was going around. They had gotten separated. They yelled for him to meet them in a bookstore, but he had looked in several for them, with no success.

"Restoran ni ikitai kibun des," said Eiichi, rubbing his stomach. It growled with hunger. He looked up and took in the scene.

An empty plaza of a mall. Bags of clothing and other objects lay throughout. He felt lonely. Clown statues and Lego houses stood erect throughout the plaza. Towering above him and everything else was a roller coaster. The little rocket cars still flying around the plaza looked ominous. They rattled on the tracks and continued their revolutions around the plaza. A soccer ball lay far across the plaza, big enough for someone to climb up on. He searched again. No restaurants.

Scoping again, he saw a sign. It was in English, but he could only speak a little. Reading it was going to be tougher. He could make out the second word, but the first stumped him.

"Watashi wa ego ga sukoshi wakaremas," he said, as he scratched his head. He turned and headed back into the North Plaza. He could have sworn he had seen a supermarket there.

Last edited:

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Looking forward to the coming chapter, Klippy. You might want to keep Eiichi in the storyline, but like, translate his dialogue. Heh. Awesome work, man. ^__^

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • XD; Yeah, I was thinking about translating, but that's still up in the air.

Basically what he says is explained in the text after:

----"Restoran ni ikitai kibun des" -- "I feel like going to a restaurant."

------"No restaurants."

And:

----"Watashi wa ego ga sukoshi wakaremas" -- "I understand a little English."

------"It was in English, but he could only speak a little."

SilverTail

Years
  • pretty good, too bad gerald had to die off....he was actually pretty cool.

ah well, atleast he's been replaced by a japanese person! shweet! >w<

SilverTail

Years
  • hmm...true...but everything else says hes gonna die, considering the first aid kits are in the pharmasy in Sean's food stuffs(atleast an hours walk through the food court, wonderland plaza, and north plaza) and he's bleeding profusely.

anywho, ever think about putting this on FanFicton.net? you'd get alot of viewers then.

SilverTail

Years
  • theift? how so? If others think you're stealing the name of the game, a simple disclaimer will ward them off.

if you're thinking about others stealing your work on the story, you're about as safe on FFN as you are anywhere on the net when it comes to that. all in all, you've got nothing to lose.

SilverTail

Years
  • they do? I had no idea...ah well.

Me and Takanushi here on PC have been thinking up a Dead Rising remake-ish/style game, set in our school. we might could be able to add you as an 'exchange student' during the duration of the game...what do you think?

(yes, there WOULD be a multiplayer, somehow)

Shaydeh

Banned
    Years
  • Hey, it's me again. And I came with another review too.

Hm, your thorough knowledge of Dead Rising really shines through in this fic. Shop names, canon characters, the mall's layout and even some of the game's events are recognizable. I didn't get terribly far in the game but reading the fic reminded me of some of the things I went through while playing, certainly an indication that your story is well aligned to that of original game. You've further managed to stay true to the game by including all the blood, gore, needless death and flesh eating. =D A real treat for hardcore Dead Rising fans, I'm sure, and even for me coz I like reading gore, sometimes even wish some of the violent scenes were more graphic. :x

There was definitely no shortage of action in the first chapter. Writing's still good, I love how you described the Columbian Roastmaster's café. I find Feli's mysterious persona to be awesome, not sure if I'm pronouncing his last name correctly though. Photographer guy was a bumhole for only trying to save himself, wouldn't mind seeing him as the next to get munched on by the zombies. Have to admit, I wasn't expecting Gerald to get killed off so early in the story (if he really is dead). He was like the only decent guy there, next to Feli, and maybe even Brad.

Well, exploring the mall from someone else's point of view should be refreshing nonetheless. Eiichi seems like a cool guy. As Itsuki pointed out, translations would be helpful. :P

On to the second chapter then!

Keep up the good work. Happy Writing. :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • ^__^; Thanks a lot, Shaydeh. I'm glad you got to read all of it.

(And review it, as promised) XD;

Thanks for the thorough review, man. <3

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • -- 1:07P.M.

Feli stared at Gerald's motionless body. Feli may have only known him for less than an hour, but the sight of his bloodied body struck fear and pain into Feli's soul. Feli reached over and dragged Gerald from the view of the windowed doors. He dragged him into McHandy's Hardware and hid him behind the counter. Feli looked at Gerald's eyes. They were still open. Feli reached down and gently slid them shut. He got up and ran back to the door leading to the Food Court.

The man and the Spaniard were exchanging fire again. But this time, another man had joined the fray. He seemed to be working with the first man, for they both shot at the Spaniard. The new combatant seemed rather new to firing a weapon, but worked with it admirably. A bullet nearly hit the Spaniard in the head, but it collided with wood behind him, shattering and throwing chunks of wood into his neck. He cursed and grabbed at the bleeding flesh. He shot once more at the new man, then flung the weapon away.

Feli took this chance and crawled through the shattered windowed door. He ducked as Brad and the other man ran after the Spaniard firing bullets in his direction. None hit their target, nor did they see Feli hiding. The Spaniard grabbed hold of a rope and flew up into the rafters. Both men fired at him as he climbed upwards, but once again, their efforts were fruitless. Feli ran at the place where the Spaniard had just been and climbed. He reached the top just in time, for the two men began to converse.

"He got away… Who was that, anyways?" said the unknown man. Feli saw, now that he was closer, that this man had a camera. Feli assumed he was a photographer or some nut job that found dead people fantastic.

"I don't know. Well, thanks for your help. The name's Brad," said the other man.

The photographer said something incoherent, then continued, "…photojournalist. And right now I'd rather have an explanation than your thanks, Brad," The photojournalist seemed cocky. But, he wasn't foolish. Feli had to give him that.

"Sorry, I've got nothing to tell you. Look. I don't know what Jessie told you, but as far as I'm concerned we're through working together. So, you cover your zombie story and leave the rest to us," said Brad. Feli didn't know anyone named Jessie, but he didn't dwell on whoever it was for the men began talking again.

The photographer lifted the camera and flipped to a picture. Feli couldn't get a good look without blowing his cover. "You guys, uh, are looking for someone. Aren't you?"

Brad turned and faced the photographer. His eyes widened and he snatched for the camera.

"Where did you take that?!" exclaimed Brad, while the photographer yanked the camera out of his reach.

"You help me. I help you," said the photographer.

"Damn," cursed Brad, as he turned away, thinking, "You're one hell of a journalist aren't you, man? A hotheaded, underhanded, hotshot paparazzi with nothing better to do than to invade people's privacy…hell, alright. You win. Let's work together."

The photographer smirked and handed the camera to Brad. Brad viewed the picture, then held the camera at his waste, saying, "Jessie and I are Department of Homeland Security agents. The man in this picture; he's who we've been looking for."

"He's a terrorist?" asked the photographer, stunned.

Brad stood and glared at the photographer. The photographer handed the camera over to him, rolling his eyes. "Entrance Plaza…no less than an hour ago. Right before the zombies broke in."

"You're sure?" asked Brad. Feli wasn't sure if he was questioning the photographer's intelligence or reliability.

The photographer nodded and Brad threw the camera back to him. He began to walk away, when the photographer yelled to him, "Hey! Do I have your permission to cover this story or what?"

"…ugh!" moaned Brad, who kept on walking, not even giving the photographer the satisfaction of a glance back.

"Wait up!" hollered the photographer, as he ran after Brad.

Last edited:
    Back