• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: Johto Edition (Beta v9, all gyms and E4 playable)

Years
    • Seen today
    New release with some minor changes, primarily to battle configuration:
    • Removed affection-based battle mechanics
    • Removed terrain effects in thunderstorm and fog
    • Increased battle speed (reduced text wait time)
    • Rplaced overworld wingull interaction text with Pidgey text

Also, what's up with the crit rate? I get crits on non crit boost moves like 20% of the times. Feels like gen 1's crit rate calculation.
    I have noticed this too - I think it is due to affection-based mechanics, which I have now removed

Years
    • Seen today
    Another little update:
    • Enabled learning of (some) future moves at move tutor.
      • The move tutor can now teach moves in a Pokemon's learnset up to a given max level (where the max level is based on the which gym badges you have)
      • Hopefully this can lessen any potential issues where gen 9's level curve and learnsets are out of sync with gen 3 (see reply below)
    • Fixed a trainer battle which had some MissingNos (where I hadn't replaced the original party)
    • Minor updates to some trainers parties for consistency
    • Tweaked evolution item availability (mainly enabling the player to obtain 1 Dusk Stone a bit earlier)

This next one might be a macro-level assessment, but adjusting learnsets to be obtainable within the main game. For example, Omastar, a less than stellar Pokemon, learns moves until Lvl 70. Pushing that learnset within the bounds of the game would help make it more useful, since those longer learnsets are in context of SWSH which has a post-game story that goes up to the 80s, for example. Just something to consider but would take some time to adjust.
    I have made a small tweak to the move tutor to (partially) address this - let me know what you think

Years
    • Seen today
    Another quick release:
    • Fixed remaining unedited trainer parties. There should be no more Missingnos in the game (please add a reply if you see any with Beta v9!)
    • Enabled Gen 5+ repel
    • Tweaked trainer parties to make all non-legendary Pokemon seeable through trainer battles

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    New release with some minor changes, primarily to battle configuration:
    • Removed affection-based battle mechanics
    • Removed terrain effects in thunderstorm and fog
    • Increased battle speed (reduced text wait time)
    • Rplaced overworld wingull interaction text with Pidgey text

I have noticed this too - I think it is due to affection-based mechanics, which I have now removed
    Thanks for the update! Can I apply the old save file for the new patch?

Back