• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    Alright, after destroying the League twice, my Geodude got bad EGGed. Deluxe with no Exp share and new Wilds, disable random calls, no mons running away in the Safari, Poison update, PRNG fix, Gen 4 ability with hidden, Auto nickname case, and berries no longer disappear. Solutions? (Is not that I'm sad I lost my Geodude like this, that Geodude was holding a softsand and I don't want to capture a million Trapinch to get one)
    Shoot I thought I fixed that. Sadly there's no fixing outside of save editing. Was the pokemon in the box?

Days
    • Seen today
    Hello !

This indeed is the wet dream. Ruby is one of my favourite Pokémon games but I'd never played Emerald before, being able to discover it this way with 386 catchable Pokémon is just awesome. All major and minor modifications making the game more dynamic/less tedious (HMs usable without Pokémon learning them, beginner's kit, catch XP etc) round this up as one of the best game versions there are. The only downside I found was the difficulty level being a bit too low until Elite Four, mainly due to middle-level (20-40) wild and trainer Pokémon knowing only Struggle ; but that's a detail, I struggled myself with the Elite Four using a team of Lvl 50 Pokémon. So : huge kudos to you !

I run into some bugs at the later stages that make it impossible to capture 12 of the Pokémon, here's the details :
    - Shoal Cave and Cave of Origin are inaccessible (nothing happens when you walk in the "door") ; the clock and sign next to Shoal Cave don't react ; PokéCenter and PokéMart in Sootopolis can't be entered.
    - Upon entering Battle Frontier after encountering Scott on SS Tidal I get Nav calls at each step (amongst them Wally, Roxanne and Scott telling me again he wants to invite me to Battle Frontier – the call you get before entering Hall of Fame if I remember correctly) ; after six or seven, it stops and I can move freely, but I can't enter Battle Frontier (same as with Shoal Cave, no moving forward through the first red tent thing) ; hitting pause, I see "Safari Balls : 0" and the option to "Retire", after which I come out of the Safari Zone without the PokéNav showing in the menu. This is the only way to exit, the SS Tidal having disappeared. So no access to Artisan Cave and impossible to get the Mystic Ticket to go to Navel Rock either.
    - The NPC giving the Aurora Ticket is bugged too, upon talking to him, one of three things happens : you can buy glitch items (reminds me of the MissingNo glitch) ; a braille shows and won't disappear until you exit the Space Center ; you fall into a black screen and are stuck, you can turn around but not walk and there's no escaping this situation.

I patched a 7.4 to 7.41 Legacy New Wilds without optional patches halfway through the game, in Fortree City. I had a friend replace my bad eggs with shiny Woobuffets in the .srm file, renamed the new save file to "7.41" and continued playing the patched ROM. All other static legendary encounters work as far as I know – I haven't gotten to Marine/Terra Cave yet. I play on mobile with RetroArch.

I'm letting you know this mainly because I see you continue working on the hack for future versions, and in case this is not an isolated bug chain (I didn't find info on it on the forum in any case). If by any chance you know a way to fix this as a hack noob, I would be grateful ! I can send over screenshots if useful. Otherwise I'll go on until I've captured/evolved 374 and let the rest be it as it is :)

Again, awesome work and impeccable documentation !

Best regards

Years
    Hello !

This indeed is the wet dream. Ruby is one of my favourite Pokémon games but I'd never played Emerald before, being able to discover it this way with 386 catchable Pokémon is just awesome. All major and minor modifications making the game more dynamic/less tedious (HMs usable without Pokémon learning them, beginner's kit, catch XP etc) round this up as one of the best game versions there are. The only downside I found was the difficulty level being a bit too low until Elite Four, mainly due to middle-level (20-40) wild and trainer Pokémon knowing only Struggle ; but that's a detail, I struggled myself with the Elite Four using a team of Lvl 50 Pokémon. So : huge kudos to you !

I run into some bugs at the later stages that make it impossible to capture 12 of the Pokémon, here's the details :
    - Shoal Cave and Cave of Origin are inaccessible (nothing happens when you walk in the "door") ; the clock and sign next to Shoal Cave don't react ; PokéCenter and PokéMart in Sootopolis can't be entered.
    - Upon entering Battle Frontier after encountering Scott on SS Tidal I get Nav calls at each step (amongst them Wally, Roxanne and Scott telling me again he wants to invite me to Battle Frontier – the call you get before entering Hall of Fame if I remember correctly) ; after six or seven, it stops and I can move freely, but I can't enter Battle Frontier (same as with Shoal Cave, no moving forward through the first red tent thing) ; hitting pause, I see "Safari Balls : 0" and the option to "Retire", after which I come out of the Safari Zone without the PokéNav showing in the menu. This is the only way to exit, the SS Tidal having disappeared. So no access to Artisan Cave and impossible to get the Mystic Ticket to go to Navel Rock either.
    - The NPC giving the Aurora Ticket is bugged too, upon talking to him, one of three things happens : you can buy glitch items (reminds me of the MissingNo glitch) ; a braille shows and won't disappear until you exit the Space Center ; you fall into a black screen and are stuck, you can turn around but not walk and there's no escaping this situation.

I patched a 7.4 to 7.41 Legacy New Wilds without optional patches halfway through the game, in Fortree City. I had a friend replace my bad eggs with shiny Woobuffets in the .srm file, renamed the new save file to "7.41" and continued playing the patched ROM. All other static legendary encounters work as far as I know – I haven't gotten to Marine/Terra Cave yet. I play on mobile with RetroArch.

I'm letting you know this mainly because I see you continue working on the hack for future versions, and in case this is not an isolated bug chain (I didn't find info on it on the forum in any case). If by any chance you know a way to fix this as a hack noob, I would be grateful ! I can send over screenshots if useful. Otherwise I'll go on until I've captured/evolved 374 and let the rest be it as it is :)

Again, awesome work and impeccable documentation !

Best regards
    The reason you're encountering those glitches is because you patched the new version onto the old, you have to patch a clean ROM and transfer your save.

As for the low difficulty in the midgame, yeah that's to be expected lol the difficulty curve is almost entirely untouched from vanilla but you have access to better stuff so it makes you more powerful than you should be. There is an optional Difficulty Patch in the works to try to make it into a more satisfying challenge, but no ETA on that yet! For now, I think it's fun to return to the game with some OP pokemon and steamroll through :).

I'm very glad you read the documentation, a lot of the questions in our Discord server are answered in the documentation so it's refreshing to see someone actually read what I provided! Hope by patching a clean ROM you can have a bug-free playthrough!

Back