• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Keishou (V2.0)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Pokémon Keishou

title.png

Fully developed by:
    OkunoShio

Made Using:
    RPG Maker XP
    Pokémon Essentials v20.1

Version:

Completed!

Download Links:

Android / JoiPlay:
    Spoiler:

Discord Server:

Join our Discord Server for additional information on the game such as the Kyujitsu Island Pokédex and plenty of guides and infographics!
    You can also ask any questions you have on the game, bug reports or suggestions there!

Welcome to Kyujitsu Island!

mapRegion0.png
    Pokémon Keishou sends you on a journey across the blissful paradise that is Kyujitsu Island.

The island is guarded by four Clans: Kusa and Mizu Clan are the Land Spirit Guardians,

while Netsu Clan is the Protector of Kazan in the west, and Yuki Clan is the Protector of Shimo in the east.

In the shadows, Kurai Clan is lingering - although suppressed to a small minority due to their past deeds, they are always scheming to overthrow the old order.

Since the current Lord's time has almost come, an uncertain age is upon the inhabitants of the island...

The Story

The Lord of the Elder is weak and of old age, no longer capable of leading and protecting the lands.

In times of insecurity, the land becomes unstable.

The Land Spirits are raging.

The ever resting Kazan Mountain is about to erupt.

While snowfall on Shimo Mountain intensifies.

The valley is on the verge of chaos between ice and fire.

The Elder Four are in uproar as well, trying to calm the lands each on their own.

To bring the lands to rest again, it requires leadership and composure.

As the Elder Cycle comes to an end, it is tradition to send the young descendants of Shison Village on their journey to find a new Keishou-sha - a successor to the throne.

where the strongest of them will rise to become the new Lord of the Elder and bring peace back to Kyujitsu Island!

Only who rises above all 8 Clan Leaders can become Lord, however, there are more mysteries surrounding the Path of Ascension!

Key Features

Explore the vast, open world style region of Kyujitsu Island!

A full story with 15-20 hours of gameplay awaits!

Prove yourself to the 8 Clan Leaders and the Elder Four on your quest to become the new Lord!

Discover 840+ Pokémon from 9 Generations across the different biomes and weather conditions of the island!

Overcome tough challenges in unique Wild Encounters and Trainer Battles utilizing the Mid-Battle Dialogue capabilities of Essentials Deluxe!

Gather resources and craft your own supplies to endure on your journey, improve your team and catch them all!

Master the special techniques of Terastallization, Dynamaxing and Mega Evolution!

Dive into Max Raid Dens and - after you have become Lord of Kyujitsu Island - embark on Dynamax Adventures!

V2.0 Features

Explore Miraijima - a completely new zone (approximately the size of 3 of the existing 8 zones combined) with two new towns!

Extended Pokédex including 16 new Kyujitsuan Forms!

24 new Wild Pokémon Event Encounters & 12 new Max Raid Den Legendary Encounters

Two big new questlines that you can start directly after you have earned your 4th badge plus a new post game questline await!

New post game content: Akigawa Tournament! Battle against more than 50 different trainers, including rematches with Clan Leaders and 11 boss battles!

Additional Features

Automatic Level Scaling - grants you freedom to make your own way to explore the world!

Modern Quest System - keeps track on all your Main and Side Quest along your journey!

Visible Overworld Encounters that vary depending on daytime and weather - for a more lively environment and easier hunting of desired species!

Berry Pots - to allow for easy on-the-go berry planting to stock up on important crafting supplies!

Speed Up - choose between 3 ingame speeds to match the game speed to your own pace!

Unreal Time System - days go by fast on Kyujitsu Island, allowing for more dynamic wildlife and faster plant growth!

New Poké Ball Capabilities - craft a big diversity of Poké Balls with added effects as well as brand new Poké Balls such as the Wood Ball or the Protein Ball!

4 Difficulty Settings (that you can switch at any time by visiting Ryuzaki's Lab!):
    Spoiler:

...and more! (see Credits for full list of plugins)

Screenshots

01_ShisonVillage.png
    02_CharjabugOverworld.png
    03_ChushinCity_and_KeyItems.png
    04_MinatoEncounter.png
    05_AkiForest_Weather_OverworldSpawns.png
    06_SakyuValley.png
    07_KazanMountain.png
    08_KiriForest.png
    09_ShimoMountain.png
    10_BerryPots.png
    11_ItemCrafting.png
    12_QuestLog.png
    13_Gourgeist_Battle.png
    14_EnhancedUI.png
    15_EnhancedUI2.png

Known Issues
    Spoiler:

Essentials Credits:

Spoiler:

Resources Credits:

Spoiler:

Music Credits:

Spoiler:

About Me:

Spoiler:

Change Log:

Change Log for updates after v1.07 can be found on https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/7477/ or the Discord server!

v1.07
    Spoiler:

v1.06
    Spoiler:

v1.05
    Spoiler:

v1.04
    Spoiler:

v1.03
    Spoiler:

v1.02
    Spoiler:

v1.01
    Spoiler:

Playthroughs:

Please share any feedback, bug reports or other thoughts with me and have fun playing!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    this game really looks so great but why in easy mod there is level scaling
    pls can you make level scaling with option yes or no
    and we choose what we need to play in

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Thanks! I think if you play the game a little bit you will realize why I decided to include an option to make the game a bit easier for yourself :) concerning the level scaling toggle option, this is something that is technically feasibile, however it is connected to modifying a lot of backend stuff. I was thinking about this, but decided not to do this at this time since I wanted to finish the project first.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i keep geting that error at game just started playing game

Attachments

• Pokémon Keishou (V2.0)
      pokemon kens.PNG
      33.7 KB · Views: 27
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    That's a new one - it's connected to the Overworld Encounters. When exactly does this pop up? Whenever you want to start an encounter with an overworld spawn? Does it crash the game? I was not able to reproduce the error myself so far...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Since I am not able to reproduce the error, I would need some more information from you. Try to describe what you do that is triggering the error. the "Stack level too deep" error is usually caused by corrupted scripts - so maybe you are missing some files (I can only think of an error during unpacking the zip file or something like that). Try re-downloading the game (you can just delete the old folder, your save file is located in "%AppData%").

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Explore the areas that are available to you and do the quests and I am sure you will find it easily ;)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i found the snorlax to hard i tried doing quest. if pokemon goes above 20 they don't obey you at all i tried using fighting type dosnt help when snorlax is always sleeping

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Only Pokémon you received from a trade will not obey you above 20 until you receive more badges. The Snorlax fight is indeed pretty tough and not meant to be done early on, in fact I designed many fights with the idea of adjusting your lineup to overcome them - one strategy you could try to use is Taunt to prevent Snorlax from using Belly Drum, which it always uses after waking up in Turn 3 or 4 (I don't remember exactly which turn it is from the top of my head). Also, you can utilize a Ghost type Pokémon - i think with that you can pretty much avoid everything Snorlax brings to the table :) I used Drifblim in one of my playthroughs for example.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Wow another Jidaigeki (Feudal Japan inspired) fangame
    If I had a nickel for every time that happened I would have 2 nickels because its weird that it happened twice

This seems interesting because I really loved Bushido it was so good

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Yes, Pokémon Bushido was a major inspiration in terms of setting and art! In general I am just a huge fan of the aesthetics of feudal Japan! Also, without Thundaga, this fan game would not exist, because I would have never gotten into Pokémon Essentials without his tutorial series :) I hope you enjoy!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I beat the Shiro boss fight and cleared the Tauros and Miltank quest, but when I received the Poison Charm, the game suddenly forced me to fight Shiro all over again.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Thanks for the report! I just tested it again myself, and it indeed queues a Shiro fight at the end of the event, no matter if you beat him or fainted (even if you faint at the Kurai double battle before already). I must have messed something up in my final edits before release, because I never encountered this on my test runs. This will be fixed in the next update!

Years
  • How does the level scaling work, because in your screenshots it shows your pokemon 3 levels below the enemy team and I'm not going to play a game where your enemies are a higher level than your own. Honestly not a fan of level scaling in the first place since it would be cool to have higher level pokemon than your enemies to have an easier time beating them.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My game uses the "Automatic Level Scaling" plugin by Benitex, with a slight tweak for minimum levels. The encounter on the screenshot is also set at a minimum of level 15, so in this particular example this might give a wrong impression. Trainer levels will hover around your team's average level, with a minimum depending on the difficulty setting. On Regular Mode and Easy Mode, you are technically able to outlevel other Trainers by 3 levels with your ace if it is higher level than the rest of your team, however of course this will leave you with a slightly underleveled remaining team.
    I am aware level scaling has its disadvantages and is not for everybody - and I fully understand that you might not like it and therefore don't play it! However, I decided to utilize it because I am no fan of outleveling your opponent and I want the game to feel challenging throughout, and this is tough to pull off with an open world style approach without utilizing level scaling (see Scarlet and Violet, I am still not sure if I like the way they tried to solve this problem there). In my opinion, there are other ways to overcome strong trainers than simply outleveling them, like optimizing your Pokémon in terms of moves, abilities and EVs, or adjusting your lineup based on the challenge in front of you.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My game uses the "Automatic Level Scaling" plugin by Benitex, with a slight tweak for minimum levels. The encounter on the screenshot is also set at a minimum of level 15, so in this particular example this might give a wrong impression. Trainer levels will hover around your team's average level, with a minimum depending on the difficulty setting. On Regular Mode and Easy Mode, you are technically able to outlevel other Trainers by 3 levels with your ace if it is higher level than the rest of your team, however of course this will leave you with a slightly underleveled remaining team.
    I am aware level scaling has its disadvantages and is not for everybody - and I fully understand that you might not like it and therefore don't play it! However, I decided to utilize it because I am no fan of outleveling your opponent and I want the game to feel challenging throughout, and this is tough to pull off with an open world style approach without utilizing level scaling (see Scarlet and Violet, I am still not sure if I like the way they tried to solve this problem there). In my opinion, there are other ways to overcome strong trainers than simply outleveling them, like optimizing your Pokémon in terms of moves, abilities and EVs, or adjusting your lineup based on the challenge in front of you.

Scarlet and Violet you can still out level your opponents, they just made it in a way where you have to strategize where you go in the game and pretty much made it a linear experience.

Which one disadvantage of level scaling also makes difficulty settings not as meaningful unless the level scaling algorithm allows for an entire team if you keep your team at a level playing field to still be higher than your opponents by a limited number like 1-2 levels with an entire team at the same level or your others like one below your ace on easy mode. I don't much understand the level scaling mechanics used in this, but when I consider difficulty settings I consider how much stronger your team can be. Also I would tie the AI level with the difficulty settings with how they raised their pokemon for example easy mode they have no trainer ev's, regular mode there is some, and in hard mode it is at a way higher level. Which I don't know how you set up the AI level based on your difficulty choice.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Well I think we could argue for ages about the different views, advantages and disadvantages for level scaling - at the end of the day it is a design choice not everybody will like and I am fully aware of that :) same goes to the definition of "difficulty" or ways to make things easier and harder, for me level is only one of the modifiers to define that - AI is a very good example on how to make games harder or easier without ever touching levels (I am not skilled enough to work on deep rooted AI changes though, unfortunately)! In a bigger update down the road I might consider giving the player the choice to toggle level scaling on and off, but this requires a lot of backend changes to work properly.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    With the latest update v1.06, I am pretty confident that all the crucial bugs that were reported to me by the first people who played through the whole game are fixed, so for those hesitating because of that: give the game a shot and I am looking forward to your feedback! 🙂

Back