• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokemon? (SUPER SPECIAL SUPER UPDATE 5/8/24)

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years
  • Okay gang! Sorry for the wait on this.

Since I wasn't quite able to explain it the best, let's try a SUPER SPIN!!!!
    Specifically, RRR- Ridiculous Role Reversal!

To simplify it for now, this one WON'T count for any actual wins, but I will tell you guys when someone would've gotten one!

Again, simplifying, but your goal is just to ask the WORST question you can think of, but it has to still eliminate at least 2 Pokemon no matter what the answer is!

Since this might be a bit weird, if you have any non-guess questions during this round, feel free to ask at any point :D!

Okay...I've thought of a Pokemon!

Years
  • Not entirely sure what the answer to the Rock/Fairy question was... Was the first Nope to both questions above it ?

Is it Electric/Fighting or Fighting/Electric type ?

Citra La Magicienne

Years
  • Okay, so maybe this one wasn't quite a hit-

Thinking I might just cut out the role reversal since the others more than enough anyway, and I'm starting to see the problem with "only eliminate 2 at a time".

Does this Pokemon have the Hospitality ability?
    Nope!
    Does that Pokemon have Serene Grace as abilty ?
    Nope!
    Not entirely sure what the answer to the Rock/Fairy question was... Was the first Nope to both questions above it ?

Is it Electric/Fighting or Fighting/Electric type ?
    Sorry, it was no to both of them. I think Deval asked the question after I had the thread open so I didn't see it..
    And no to this as well!
    Is it based off a jellyfish?
    Not at all!

Now because of probably removing it, do y'all wanna keep going or not? If it's a yeah then I don't mind slogging through it but y'all did kinda show me what for XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think trying to encourage the guessers to take as long as possible is just gonna make this drag on forever. Could be here for a couple months before it gets narrowed down.

I think some kind of spin where the ones asking the questions have restrictions posed on them instead might be more fun than putting restrictions on the pickers end or giving them the option to lie.

Something similar to what is mentioned under 'category confusion':
    "As the categories have all been jumbled, questions regarding the categories are not helpful, and not allowed. (ex. Is it in X group?)."

So like, for example as guesser restrictions:
    -guessers can't ask about Pokemon categories.
    -guessers can't ask about Pokemon types.
    -guessers can't ask about the Pokemon's generation.
    -guessers can't ask about pokedex color categories

Just my thoughts though.

Citra La Magicienne

Years
  • I think trying to encourage the guessers to take as long as possible is just gonna make this drag on forever. Could be here for a couple months before it gets narrowed down.

I think some kind of spin where the ones asking the questions have restrictions posed on them instead might be more fun than putting restrictions on the pickers end or giving them the option to lie.

Something similar to what is mentioned under 'category confusion':
    "As the categories have all been jumbled, questions regarding the categories are not helpful, and not allowed. (ex. Is it in X group?)."

So like, for example as guesser restrictions:
    -guessers can't ask about Pokemon categories.
    -guessers can't ask about Pokemon types.
    -guessers can't ask about the Pokemon's generation.
    -guessers can't ask about pokedex color categories

Just my thoughts though.
    Actually, I do think that probably is for the best. I think I have a better idea for replacing this one and I'll look at fibbing fever as well.

Playtesting is needed sometimes I guess XD, sorry for interrupting the gameplay so harshly but I appreciate the feedback!! :D

Back