• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Days
  • I am happy with whatever Pokemon I get. Plus I don't even like the idea of shiny Pokemon. And also feel that they should be tougher to come across, because one cannot easily find White Elephants, White Tigers or Panthers in the wild, since they are extreme rare case to take place.

And my idea applies to Pokemon GO as well, where finding shiny Pokemon is quite easy. Shiny Pokemon are meant to be extremely rare, but making them easily available takes away the fun, although there are many people who enjoy collecting those Shiny Pokemon there, though it takes away the rareness....

In my case particularly, I always release away the shiny Pokemon of those species which are already built by me, because the dedication I had given to those Pokemon when I first caught them, cannot be neutralized by odd colored Pokemon of same species.

It makes people less attached to their starters
    I don't think so.

The Pokemon which we get first are always dear to us, and making them shiny locked doesn't takes away the attachment from them. Thinking like that exactly reminds me of the story of Hen that hatches Golden Egg.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think it was kinda inevitable that the odds and methods have changed. When they introduced them in gen 2 nobody would have even thought about shiny hunting. So it was still very special to run into one. But nowadays we've had so many generations with all kinds of strategies to get them. So, it kinda makes sense.

Years
  • I'm starting to feel shiny hunt fatigue and my hunt today was probably my last one for a while.
    6 hours for 3 shiny Chikorita is pretty bad compared to how my luck has been last couple weeks... up until yesterday, when my 3 shiny froakie hunt also took like 5 hours or something.
    And that's with me using up all my remaining Herba Mystica in SV for those 2 hunts. The cafeteria meals were being horrendous to me except that last one where I still needed 1 more Chikorita but didn't have any herba anymore... so I used one cafeteria meal again and actually managed to find a shiny with it again despite the last 12 or so cafeteria meals before it being duds xD

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
    Years
  • I just can't seem to get any luck with shiny hunting in any game.

15 hours hunting for shiny H. Zorua in Arceus- no luck.
    13+ boxes of hunting for Eevee in USUM- yes luck, but only when I moved to Shield and hatched another 8 eggs XD
    8 hours hunting for a shiny Iron Valiant- no luck either.
    5 hours for a shiny starter Snivy- no luck here t-t

I can't express the pure sadness I had when I randomly encountered a shiny Mudsbray on my way to Alfornada.....

Days
  • I think it was kinda inevitable that the odds and methods have changed. When they introduced them in gen 2 nobody would have even thought about shiny hunting. So it was still very special to run into one. But nowadays we've had so many generations with all kinds of strategies to get them. So, it kinda makes sense.
    You had summed it up pretty accurately!
    :smile::grin:

Shiny Pokemon were meant to be found with surprise, without any effort or so, and that felt great whenever it happened. I still remember how I was shocked when I saw shiny Regigigas for first time, and was not able to control my amusement for some moments. But like you said, people are very much into grinding for shiny Pokemon. And in the game which I play, getting shiny Pokemon is quite doable via grind, and the developers put emphasize on it, hence we get regular events with increased shiny rate.

We say luck to an outcome which happens out of all odds, whereas it is destiny which happens with what we do.

So finding a shiny Pokemon is not random anymore, but is more about statistical interpretation.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Reminds me that my last free holiday is coming up before the long and dry stretch that is Summer. <_<

The last threads will be pulled only afterwards. So, I won't be able to properly eat until then...

Back