• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[XSE Script] Script freezes when triggered

Days
    Hello, I'm sure this is absolutely been helped before but all of the threads I've found nothing seems to be working.

---edit This is for Fire Red.

All I'm trying to do is a extremely basic msgbox. I'm sure I'll struggle a lot on this project if I can't even figure out why this isn't working.

Spoiler: Script

The issue I'm having is that whenever I talk to the NPC the game just freezes. The NPC script offset is set to $800792, movement type "Walk around" perseon event (2), person event no(3). Everything else is 0.

I have a script basically the same that works without any issues.
    Spoiler: Working Script

Any help would be vastly appreciated. First time using this type of coding so I'm pretty thrown off.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    "msgbox 0x880079C MSG_SIGN '"Hi.[player]\p I can't wait to hear \pall a...""

Why do you use MSG_SIGN here instead of MSG_NORMAL?

Back