• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[XSE Script] Newbie, got it half right, I think lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    So, I'm pretty new at this ROM hacking thing, and I'm trying to do two things in Pallet Town. I've currently got XSE,Advance Map, HMA, and a few other tools (Hopeless Trainer Editor, Advance Starter, etc.) at my disposal.

1) Starter Selection:
    I want to make it so the player character is forced to select a specific one of Oak's Pokeballs (let's say, the center one), and I want to make it so that if the player tries to select either of the other two, Oak admonishes them and they can't take the Pokemon (and the sprite image of the Pokemon doesn't appear on screen). I can make it so the other two Pokeballs contain the ""?" Pokemon and change Oak's dialogue, but I can't figure out how to make the other two Pokeballs unselectable.

2) The battle:
    EDIT: I solved the battle dilemma by moving it to Route 1. However since I had to make it a "Gym Leader" battle (trainerbattle 0x1) in order to make him walk away post-battle, there's no intro music/fanfare before the battle and I'd like to add it back. Using playsong and fanfare seem to cause the game to crash.

Spoiler: Script

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
    Back