• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VG Music Quiz

Years
    Idea popped into my head as I know this was a hit the last time it was done, and didn't see it was being done again this year?

Basically - snippets of video game music are posted and users have to guess which song and what game they are from. A little too in-depth to wedge into my VG Trivia, so wanting to host this as a separate event, if that is OK.

Will probably have it so the team can only submit once, do a set of 20 every other day (just thinking of my time here mostly, however happy with a co-host to cover the othe day!) and just give out 50 points for the team that gets the most right each "round".

Years
    Theoretically, couldn't this just be the sound portion of the other quiz? Or do you think it was so popular that it'd be better to run separately?

Years
    Theoretically, couldn't this just be the sound portion of the other quiz? Or do you think it was so popular that it'd be better to run separately?

The sound round/s will most likely consist moreso of actual noises etc in games as opposed to music. I'm thinking things such as noises when you acquire an item, monster cries, etc.

The event was popular enough to run alongside the trivia and as far as I know still get good numbers of participants (I suppose because both go hand in hand when trying to get answers).

If not I can try a workaround in the trivia event, but I feel this can function as its own event.

Years
    Video Game Music Quiz!

WHAT BE THIS, THEN?

In this event, you'll be given some short snippets from a variety of songs featured in video games. All you need to do is to guess which song it is and which game it features in! Every other day I will be posting 10 snippets of songs, so make sure to keep an eye out on both here and Discord!

SCORING POINTS

Points will be scored on a collaborative basis. What this means is that you will need to work together to find out what the songs are. Any number of users can send in their submissions to me, however I will only accept ONE set of answers PER USER. I will take all answers into consideration, meaning that even if you get one wrong, if a teammate gets it correct then I will accept their correct answer over your incorrect one.

Teams will get 4 points for each correct submission (both song and game) and 2 points if they manage to guess the game or which song it is from. Teams will be awarded a bonus if they manage to complete the full set. Whoever has the highest total at the end will win 50/100 points for their respective side!

HOW TO SEND SCORES

Send myself a direct message either here on PC or on Discord (Arcaneum#0823).

Day One
    Fighting

Racing

Puzzle

RTS

Shmup

Roguelike

Action

Platformer

MMORPG

RPG

Last edited: