• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Threat to the Multiverse

Days
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hello. This is a fanfiction I've wanted to publish online, and I actually have posted the first chapter on a different forum, so don't worry, there is no plagiarism.
    Notice: I do not own Pokemon or any of its characters. It is all owned by Nintendo and GAME FREAK.

Chapter 1:
    Peter woke with a start in his house in Sontry, Illinois. He was going to get his first Pokemon today from Professor Maple and start his journey across the Midwest, so he could compete in the American Pokemon League. He realized why he woke up the way he did. Someone, or something, had appeared to him in a dream and told him to do... what was it? Peter couldn't remember.

Peter put on his traveling clothes, got his backpack, and headed to Professor Maple's lab.

As Peter walked through town, he noticed some Pidgey and Fletchling flying around. Finally, he got to the Professor's lab.

"Hi, Professor Maple! I'm ready for my Pokemon!" said Peter.

"I bet you are, Peter, but so is Josiah here," the professor said.

"Hey, Peter, you're going to have to get through me to be the champion," Josiah said.

"Oh, please. Just because your dad is Bryce, doesn't mean you're better." Peter replied.

"So, boys, there are 27 Pokemon here, 9 each of Grass, Fire, and Water. Josiah, since you got here first, you choose first," said the professor.

"Alright, then, I choose Bulbasaur!" Josiah shouted.

"Okay, here is Bulbasaur's Poke Ball, your Pokedex, and 5 empty Poke Balls to catch wild Pokemon with."

"Me next! I choose Froakie!" said Peter.

"Good choice, Peter," the professor said. "Here is your Pokedex and Poke Balls."

"Josiah, what do you say we have our first battle together? Froakie vs. Bulbasaur!" Peter challenged.

"Okay, if you want to lose..." Josiah replied.

"Go, Bulbasaur!" "Go, Froakie!"
    "Bulbasaur, use Tackle!" "Froakie, intercept and use Pound!" The two Pokemon collided. "Froakie, use your frubbles on Bulbasaur's eyes, and then use Pound!" The attack connected and Bulbasaur fainted.

"Wha-what?!?" Josiah exclaimed. "How could you?" Josiah ran out of the lab crying.

"I didn't mean to make him cry," Peter said.

"It's okay, Peter. He will get over it," replied the professor.

"Thanks, Professor Maple. I better go stock up on supplies."

Peter had Froakie healed by the professor and headed to the Poke Mart.

He had only $1,000 in his pockets when he went in, so he knew to be wise. Sadly, his Pokedex didn't have a map or make calls, so he had to spend money there.

"Hey, here's a nice navigation system with wireless calling and it's only a 1 time fee of $325," Peter thought to himself.

Peter then went to the medicine section and picked up some HP-restoring Potions, status-healing Potions, and 2 of this new med called 'Revive'.

"All of that cost me about $350, so I don't have much left. Ah, here's some cheap Pokemon food for Froakie. Time for me to go pay."

"Hi there! Did you find everything you need?" asked the cashier.

"Yes, I did; thanks for asking," said Peter. "If I'm correct, all of this should come to $800."

"Normally, yes, but we are having a sale on the Revives, so you get $50 off. But at the same time 1 of our tech experts set up your PokePhone for only $15. So if you like, the total would be $765."

"Okay, I'll pay the $765," Peter said, and handed over the money.

The tech person came over and set up Peter's phone, and even showed him how to enter numbers by adding Professor Maple's number.

"Hey, you must be that new trainer who beat Bryce's son," the tech person said.

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Josiah was in here a few minutes before you, acting all sad about losing his first battle. But he doesn't realize that even Bryce loses sometimes."

Before he left the Poke Mart, Peter looked at his PokePhone and looked at the map.
    "The first Gym is... Aha! A Flying-Type Gym with Manny giving out the Sky Badge to winners. I'll need 2 Pokemon, and the Gym is in Roostraw City, which is about 12 miles northwest of here. Froakie and I still need to train, though."

Peter left the Poke Mart and headed northwest. "Froakie, it's training time!"

And that concludes Chapter 1! Please let me know what you think and how I could improve for Chapter 2.

Back