• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: SMW2: Yoshi's Grand Adventure (Yoshi's Island hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hack Name
    SMW2: Yoshi's Grand Adventure

Hack of:
    SMW2: Yoshi's Grand Adventure (Yoshi's Island hack)

Platform: Super Nintendo
    Genre: Platformer
    Author: fabio

Greetings, I bring something new to the table. It is a Yoshi's Island hack. I have worked on this for quite awhile and I have a demo to present to you. It is only one world long. Let me go over the features as well as the story.

Story: Well, the story is pretty much going to be the same as the original one as I'm mainly focusing on level design. Yoshi finds Baby Mario after getting attacked by Kamek and must find his lost brother with the help of the other Yoshies via a relay system. The journey will take days to reach him.

Now for the features:

- Nine brand new levels. The eight standard levels as well as the hidden extra level of world one are present. See if you can unlock the extra level!

- Edited boss fights for a new challenge against classic bosses. Both Burt the Bashful and Salvo the Slime have their battles slightly tweaked.

- There is a day and night cycle here. If you notice as you progress through World 1, the game shifts from early morning when Yoshi immediately departs after finding Baby Mario to late evening when you are on the rooftop of Salvo's Tower. Extra levels won't be affected by this though. Fun fact, the name of the hack came from the idea of that cycle. It is suppose to take days for Yoshi to reach Bowser's Castle on foot.

- Every extra level is going to have new Yoshi colors instead of the default green Yoshi. Also, each extra level will have a unique Yoshi color exclusive to the level.

Here are a few screenshots:

1-2: Fun with Platforms

1-3: Beware of Nep-Enut

1-4: Burt's Forsaken Fort

1-8: Salvo's Tower

Couple of things to go over:

First of all, please patch this to a version 1.0 (U) Yoshi Island ROM. Don't not ask for one here or through PMs because they are against PC's rules. Finally, I give my special thanks to these people:

SNN: Inspired me to hack Yoshi's Island after beta testing his hack. Also, helped me get started with my hack as well as beta testing it. He was the only person I could really turn to until he introduced me to Golden Yoshi later on.

Golden Yoshi: Provided excellent feedback for my hack and is an excellent beta tester too. He helped me get rid of the vertical parallel glitch which would have caused a nightmare for perfectionists because this glitch makes flowers and red coins disappear if you leave the screen and come back later. The second half of world one was full of this glitch.

Squash Monster: Created Eggvine so he automatically earns a spot on the list.

Mattrizzle: He is here because of his contribution to the YI scene by finding a bunch of offsets for this game. He also helped Golden Yoshi install custom Yoshi colors in his hack who then taught me how to install the colors into my hack.

Romi: I have him on the list for finding out how to disable those annoying messages you get in World 1 when you start a brand new game. Stuff like explaining what a mid-ring does to collect the five flowers message no longer appear now thanks to him.

With that say, I hope you enjoy the demo. The IPS file is in the attachments section. Comments are welcome. :)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Downloaded and playing.
    I love this kind of platforming hacks, and for the few screenshots I have seen, this looks much more promising than all the other hacks with just a few minor changes.

I hope this turns out well.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Yoshi's Island was always one of my favorite platforming game from the Mario series. And this looks very promising as a hack. I will keep an eye on this thread ;D

Good Luck fabio. Hope to see more updates soon.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    This sounds really nice. I can see you changed the graphics slightly. Actually, I have this game and it is a really good game, even though I can hardly pass one of the levels. :x

Keep up the good work, msdfabio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back