• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition 2019

Bay

Years
    And that's times up! No more entries after Venia's.

All right, right now the judges will be reading over the entries and scoring them. Thanks to Sheep, Janp, Cid, and Venia for sending in your entries, we'll have the results very soon!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    RESULTS ARE IN

4th place: Sheep
    Total points: 61/90
    Individual scoring/comments:
    Spoiler:

3rd place: Janp
    Total points: 65/90
    Spoiler:

2nd place: Venia Silente
    Total points: 66/90
    Spoiler:

1st place: Cid
    Total points: 76/90
    Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Congrats to everyone who managed to submit an entry, as that's always a tough ask, and congrats in particular to Cid for winning this year's SWC!

Please be sure to post your entries in the fic section with the SWC prefix. Also, let me know if it's okay to advertise/feature your entries in a Daily post-GT article, if/when I have time for making such a thing. :B

Cid

Years
    I'm...

Thank you. This means a lot to me. I became really engrossed in the characters as I was writing so I'm just glad that my story was read and received favorably.

I very much appreciate the criticisms because they all give me an idea on where to improve in the future.

Congrats to everyone who participated. I would love to read everyone's stories.

And um re: the Daily post-GT article, sure.

Years
    Congrats Cid!

Thanks the jury for feedback on my story. It was pretty much exactly what I expected when I was re-reading my story before sending it in.

Daily article: No problem at all.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    Congratulations to everyone who made the in. Damn the scores after the first place were quite packed.

Admittedly I am unhappy with the results due to having to cut the entire ending of the story for time and adjust accordingly, but I didn't expect it to still score above a 6 in relevance to prompt. "Mystery" is quite the mysterious thing! I expect to be reading everyone's entries when feasible!

Please be sure to post your entries in the fic section with the SWC prefix. Also, let me know if it's okay to advertise/feature your entries in a Daily post-GT article, if/when I have time for making such a thing. :B

I'll post mine most likely during the weekend. I'd like to ask from the judges and the other contestants if they would prefer to have me post the two versions, SWC and Director's Cut, separately (I think that'd require two threads?) or would rather have me skip right away to the Director's Cut.

Also, it is (will?) be okay to feature my entry in any and all relevant Dailys. I'm also open to interviews and DVD commentary over PM / DM if so desired.

One thing I still have to settle on is an actual title for the story, lol.

Once again thanks to everyone, thanks to the judges for managing to host this year, and also thanks to the other contestants for chiming in and providing new content.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    What's the difference between the two versions?

The SWC version is the exact one that was sent to the judges.

Director's Cut but in meme changelog format I'm not sorry:

• Story now has a full ending scene.
    • Spearow now has a name.
    • Fixed a bug where the synopsis refers to the Honchkrow singer by name but no one in-story does.
    • Clarified the identity of the "villains" of the story.
    • Added a scene where the activities of the Houndoom are related.
    • Buffed up Spearow's charm and plumage sharpness by 25%.
    • Enhanced notoriety of the second "mystery" aspect of the story (why the Honchkrow singer takes an interest on Kalas).
    • Added romance.
    • Galvantula and Bayleef's attacks are now named.
    • Removed Herobrine.

Last edited:
    Back