• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Setsu-AMA

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    oh my lord you like On Blade's Edge okay you are truly worthy of being my pair now!

Oh it's so goodddd :plead:

If Dragonmaids were never released, what deck would you most likely end up with instead? :o

Really tough to say? I kinda started playing Master Duel just so I could play Dragonmaids and I'd probably want something that plays similar to them with the whole "summon big monsters from your discard" thing? The only other time I've seriously tried to build some kind of deck in any other Yugioh game was trying to build Lunalights in Duel Links and I thought they were neat aesthetically, so if I couldn't find anything else that plays similar to Dragonmaids, I'd probably fall back on Lunalights.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    SOME MORE YOU DO NOT GET RID OF ME :D :D :D

- Who would win, you and your Dragonmaids, or me playing the Winged Dragon of Ra?
    - can we become gnb coat pals?
    - Are you eventually interested in trying other decks, or willing to learn them with assistance? :p

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Show me your favourite FFXIV glams? *adds a question mark so this looks like a question and not a demand*

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    - Who would win, you and your Dragonmaids, or me playing the Winged Dragon of Ra?

Setsu-AMA

Egyptian God or not, even if you got Ra into a maid outfit I'd still outnumber you. I'd win, for sure!

- can we become gnb coat pals?

Setsu-AMA

I thought we already were!

- Are you eventually interested in trying other decks, or willing to learn them with assistance? :p

Definitely, with assistance! I'm sure there's other stuff out there that I'd enjoy and I wouldn't mind learning a bit more, it'd probably just have to be a few months later once I'm done focusing on relearning all the Pokemon TCG stuff.

Favorite villain origin story?

Oh it's tough... I usually pay more attention to how a villain story ends rather than how it originates, but I'm a big fan of things like when the villain was right all along and you accidentally played the bad guy, or when they're genuinely nice characters you wish you didn't have to fight. In terms of origins though, I think Celeste has a great "villain" origin story that ties in really well with the main character's struggles, and Kirby Planet Robobot has a surprisingly tragic story behind its villain and what ultimately happened to him. I'll keep it vague to avoid spoiling either game because I absolutely adore both of them.

Show me your favourite FFXIV glams? *adds a question mark so this looks like a question and not a demand*

Setsu-AMA

Just gotta check my screenshots folder, give me an hour or two...

Imgur didn't wanna work for me, so here's a bunch of my favourites I've made! I often make my glams by finding or picking one specific piece I like (usually a chestpiece) and trying to build an outfit around that and just going from there. I've got separate ones for each job and will occasionally make something new or change it up (like my Dawntrail outfit I've got in the works right now) but this is some of the current loves. 🤍

Setsu-AMA

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Just gotta check my screenshots folder, give me an hour or two...

Imgur didn't wanna work for me, so here's a bunch of my favourites I've made! I often make my glams by finding or picking one specific piece I like (usually a chestpiece) and trying to build an outfit around that and just going from there. I've got separate ones for each job and will occasionally make something new or change it up (like my Dawntrail outfit I've got in the works right now) but this is some of the current loves. 🤍

Setsu-AMA
    Oh these are all super cute!

Praying for more glamour plates in DT so glamming every job isn't so painful. 🙏

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Now that we are gnb coat buddies, how did you like Varis Extreme and skipping 75% of his mechanics? :p

Varis was a lot of fun! I watched the guide while we were waiting for the party finder to fill and I'm surprised how complicated the fight gets. That one break he does in the middle where we get to block his big attack and everything looked super cool and that's instantly my favourite part of the fight, I love flashy tank mechanics like that. It's been a while since I've done anything unsynced (aside from ARR trials for my journals) and skipping most of the fight made me feel really powerful lol

how many more memes will you make of me? >.>

Depends, how much content are you going to give me that reminds me of funny low-effort memes I can make? I'm not complaining! 😌

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    oh boy someone asked questions on your ama thread you should go check it out

- What is your dream location in FFXIV to have a house at?
    - If you could pick a set to be available to all classes for glam, which would you choose?
    - Have you ever wanted to travel to other countries?
    - how many love live gifs do you actually have saved?
    - how many low quality memes have you made of me already? >.>

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    - What is your dream location in FFXIV to have a house at?

Setsu-AMA

If we're talking current locations I'd love a medium house in Shirogane, that's like one of the big goals in XIV I still haven't been able to accomplish. But if it's my dream location I still say I'm really hopeful for the Crystarium to eventually have a housing district. Whether it looks like the upper part or the lower part of the city, it'd be absolutely gorgeous. I already adore the aesthetic of the Crystarium, it's probably my favourite city, and being able to live there would just be perfect. 🤍

- If you could pick a set to be available to all classes for glam, which would you choose?

I know this is cheating but the idea that you should be able to glam anything onto everything (except different weapon types of course) at level 1 is my honest answer, I think getting the equipment should be the challenge and you should be rewarded with using it however you like.
    But if I had to give an actual answer, it'd probably be something like the Lv80 Red Mage gear (because I adore the top) or the Edenmorn sets. I used the Edenmete Coat of Fending on Gunbreaker for a while and loved it, was just upset I couldn't dye it like you can dye the Edenmorn ones. I believe I'm wearing the Edenmete Casting set on Black Mage right now and that was meant to be my homage to Gaia before they just like... gave us her whole outfit. Other requests I could've had (Things like the Frontier set, Southern Seas Skirt my beloved, Uwagi #55, Y'shtola's ShB set or the Blackbosom set) are already available for all classes anyways, so I've mostly been satisfied with what we've been given.

- Have you ever wanted to travel to other countries?

Setsu-AMA

There honestly aren't a lot. I'm very scared of things like language barriers so most of my interest in going to Japan specifically is because I want to see places that were in shows like Love Live Sunshine and Bocchi the Rock in person, and experience things like the Snow Festival in Sapporo. That's really the only country I've done any sort of research into visiting, and I have enough interest that I'm willing to deal with the anxieties of being a Japanese person who clearly can't speak the language, and how awkward that's going to be.
    Honestly, I do love traveling and I want to do it more. I'm used to being on airplanes now and I enjoy them a lot. The thing is, most of my desire to travel is either to come back home or go back to Seattle so I can see the people and places I've been missing or haven't been able to see regularly. People always talk about how traveling is good and expanding your worldview is nice but I'm okay with being a small person in a small world. I think my desire for travel is more to re-experience what I miss having rather than to see something new.

- how many love live gifs do you actually have saved?

Setsu-AMA

You can take a guess, if you'd like?

...Okay, my folder is currently at 313. There are a lot of them I don't really think fit in a forum post or properly express how I feel or what I'm trying to say. That's most of why I use them, I don't like feeling like I can't properly express emotion or intent through text and the gifs sort of help me project that while also sharing my love for Love Live with people and making my posts more unique than just the standard emoji.
    I'll kinda fall into phases of using the same ones over and over if I like them or think they fit really well, and if I don't have one I think works perfectly I'll think of a scene where a certain facial expression or action was made and tried to find gifs of that. That's when I can have a really specific response to something and I enjoy that a lot. So if I don't have one I'll search for more and that folder will end up growing.
    I also just finished watching Sunshine in the Mirror last night, and there are a lot of gifs from that I'm gonna want to save and be using. If I post more gifs of Ruby as a fairy or something like that, that's why.

Setsu-AMA

She's also just so adorable. Oh my god. I love her.

- how many low quality memes have you made of me already? >.>

Setsu-AMA

Sadly I only have the gnb coat syndrome one right now. But I do have an idea that I've just been too lazy to make and I know they're just gonna keep coming. Expect more!

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    What got you into pokemon?

Setsu-AMA

As far as I can remember it's the first thing I've ever really been into! It was when I was super young, maybe 3 or 4 but my dad and older brother would be playing video games often and at one point my brother was playing XD Gale of Darkness. I had no clue what it was but I remember thinking it all looked super cool, the way the Pokemon came out of the Pokeballs and the way they moved and attacked and everything. Around that time I was also going to a daycare and they had an Xbox and a GameCube set up for us to play on, and even though they didn't have a memory card and I couldn't save, I'd be playing Gale of Darkness often whenever I had the chance. I think I remember watching a few episodes of the anime around that time as well, and I remember having a friend who would bring Pokemon Ruby with him every day and I'd watch him play. Pokemon was like something magical for me, in so many parts of my life that I just had to get into it. I remember reading books and watching the anime and going on sites like Serebii even before I had my own Pokemon games. I ended up getting Diamond a few years later and by that point it just grew and grew. It's been a constant thing in my life, whether it's the anime or books like strategy guides or the video games or the card games, there's no year of my life I can remember where I haven't been super engaged in Pokemon. I think I was just fortunate enough to get super hooked when I was really young and I was able to grow that love into something that's been unbreakable for years now.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    What's your favorite dungeon in FF14?

Setsu-AMA

It just so happens I made a tier list for this exact thing!
    Here is a link to it in full, but if you want the short answer, it's probably as tie between Mt. Gulg and Shisui of the Violet Tides. Any dungeon with a massive pull of enemies where you can just run through everything between bosses is an instant love for me. Shisui was the first time I ever felt like I really made it as a tank, when I felt like I could take on the entire world at once and live through it all. The first time me and my friends ran it as a group I was too thrilled to stop and my friend who was healing me complimented me saying he was really impressed. It made me feel awesome and I've had great memories ever since. Mt. Gulg is the same kind of thing but you can play through it at level 80, the music gets me super hyped up, and I just think Vauthry is great as a character, he's a perfect cheap hateable villain and his voice lines are hilarious. I quote "I am righteousness! And righteousness will prevail!" with my friends constantly.

If you could give Dragonmaids any card, what would you give them to make them more viable?

It's hard to say from my limited knowledge on the meta and everything, I'm just not too familiar with it. I'm surprised the deck doesn't seem to have any big link monsters or anything (thank god for my sanity) but I guess there isn't really any direct support to deal with things like traps? The obvious answers I'd give are things like "let you search the deck to discard your high level dragonmaids" or "make sheou more consistent" but I think there's already enough good support for things like that. Chamber is really good! So I'm guessing if we got some kind of counter spell we could search out with Chamber or something like that, that might be able to help?
    I do really wish they were a top tier deck and I'm wishing for anything to help boost that but I'm perfectly okay just casually enjoying just how damn fun and cute they are. 🤍

Back