• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: Johto Edition (Beta v2, all gyms and E4 playable)

Years
    • Seen today
    for the moveset, did you mantain the default ones in the expansion?
    Yea, it is gen 9, I believe.

Although I am tweaking movesets based on in-game level curves. Like Remoraid - in gen 9 it learns water pulse really early on, but I have altered that slightly so that it isn't too overwhelming in an early battle.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    enjoying this game so far!! just some notes that came to mind

- on the water route right to Dewford, there are a few trainers with Missingno's as Pokemon.
    - Houndoom doesn't learn any special Dark stab, and Feraligatr line does not get physical water stab until after Tate & Liza - may want to do some moveset edits for them if possible (maybe learning Snarl as a Houndour and then Houndoom getting Dark Pulse as a relearn move, and then Totodile getting Aqua Jet by level up & Liquidation by relearn for Feraligatr)
    - maybe Meltan/Melmetal can be made available as an honorary Kanto mon? not necessary but could be a fun addition given the lack of pure steel types in the dex
    - I would love for HMs to be deletable, but understand if that is not apart of the game's vision
    - Faraway Island ticket should be given for Mew access, since it's already built into the game

Overall, I'm really enjoying this!! I was planning on making a Sinnoh replacement dex of Fire Red, so it's cool to see similar projects be launched.

Days
    • Seen today
    An egg move tutor that takes mushrooms could help with moveset issues for some Pokemon that rely on later gen TMs for STAB

Years
    • Seen today
    - on the water route right to Dewford, there are a few trainers with Missingno's as Pokemon
    Thanks - I must have missed their Hoenn pokemon. I will fix this in the next release.

- Houndoom doesn't learn any special Dark stab, and Feraligatr line does not get physical water stab until after Tate & Liza - may want to do some moveset edits for them if possible (maybe learning Snarl as a Houndour and then Houndoom getting Dark Pulse as a relearn move, and then Totodile getting Aqua Jet by level up & Liquidation by relearn for Feraligatr)
    Good idea - I'm doing a couple of playthroughs to fix any balancing issues like this, so feedback like this is really helpful. I am also considering adding a few TMs to help with this kind of thing.

The egg move tutor is a good idea, too.

maybe Meltan/Melmetal can be made available as an honorary Kanto mon?
    Is it canonically from Kanto? I suppose it could fit as a reward from Steven (in place of Beldum)... I'm not totally sure, but I will think about it.

I would love for HMs to be deletable, but understand if that is not apart of the game's vision
    Balancing HMs in the party's movesets is an important part of a "Gen 3ish" experience to me. I'm not against making them deletable without a tutor, though. I will look into this.

Faraway Island ticket should be given for Mew access, since it's already built into the game
    Agreed :)

I was planning on making a Sinnoh replacement dex of Fire Red
    Oh, that's great! I would love to play that

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi,

Having fun with this hack. One quick bug I've noticed: just used an ice stone on Eevee and noticed the name is still "Eevee" instead of Glaceon in battle.

Question - where do you find a water stone? It's odd that I've found a few non standard stones and the Link Cable but none of the regular fire/water/thunder stones. Also would say the dusk stone for murkrow should be a little more accessible earlier on.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    One quick bug I've noticed: just used an ice stone on Eevee and noticed the name is still "Eevee" instead of Glaceon in battle.
    Weird bug. I will investigate it.

Question - where do you find a water stone? It's odd that I've found a few non standard stones and the Link Cable but none of the regular fire/water/thunder stones.
    All the water stones in the original game are in the same places. There are a couple of additional ones - I think the earliest one would be in one of the trick house levels.

I appreciate the feedback about the stone availability. My first priority was to get all the evolution methods into the game, and I thought the availability might be a bit wonky to start off with.

I will definitely tweak the placement to make it feel a bit more natural in a later release.

Any other thoughts or feedback like this is great - thanks :)

Back