• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.
Days
    • Seen yesterday
    In that case, what about Bellossom? The Oddish line are all Grass/Dark, other than Bellossom who's just Grass like in canon. I just wanted to double-check if this was intentional.

EDIT: On the subject of double-checking, the Aether-type move Lightfall's description says it deals damage and lowers the target's Attack. However, I've never seen it do the latter. The description implies it 100% lowers the Attack of whatever it hits, but this doesn't happen. Depending on what the functionality is intended to be, it might be bugged.
    Bellossom is meant to be Grass only.

Lightfall is meant to have half chance of lowering attack. I've just gone in and fixed the wording and the effect chance. It works for me now, so it will be as should in the next update.

Thanks.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Do you have any plans on replacing the Overworld sprite of the main character with a custom one? It's just an ick seeing how there's so much that has been created from scratch. I will still play this regardless though, since I like the premise of what I am seeing.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you have any plans on replacing the Overworld sprite of the main character with a custom one? It's just an ick seeing how there's so much that has been created from scratch. I will still play this regardless though, since I like the premise of what I am seeing.
    Hey, thanks for giving it a go.

In all honesty, my intention was purely to just write music for this, but it became a whole creative adventure.
    I had never touched pixel art or full game creation until that point, so what you're seeing is a complete newbie attempting whatever they could to create an immersive world.

I could easily borrow another sprite of a character from someone, but whether that will 'improve' anything is purely the perspective of the individual.

So, as for minor things like that, I do not intend on changing it.

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I might sound like an idiot, but how to i update the game ? Am I supposed to redownload it ?
    Also very excitted to hear the full soundtrack !!

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I might sound like an idiot, but how to i update the game ? Am I supposed to redownload it ?
    Also very excitted to hear the full soundtrack !!
    Yep. Just gotta redownload it. Your save file is stored in a separate location on your computer, so you can simply delete the old Aether and Chaos game folder before extracting the new one.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Another duplicate item, this time it is tantalizingly a TM.

The TM86 Grass Knot that's located on the small island at the Eladi Lake area is a duplicate. The Grass Knot TM can be found earlier in the game, in either one of the areas accessible before beating the 4th Reven Town Gym or even earlier than that in the areas accessible before beating the 3rd Gym in Aera Town.

TMs being infinite-use means that any duplicate TM is a wasted TM that could have been other TM or relevant item. Hopefully you be able to change it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think it was earlier than I originally thought. I think you get TM86 Grass Knot from the accessible portion of Route 3 that lies north of Magnia City, meaning before the 2nd Gym. :o

Last edited:

croksten.stein

Mindless Gamer (and not a good one at that)
    Days
    • he/him, it/its
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Yep. Just gotta redownload it. Your save file is stored in a separate location on your computer, so you can simply delete the old Aether and Chaos game folder before extracting the new one.
    thanks a lot ! worked just fine :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Another duplicate item, this time it is tantalizingly a TM.

The TM86 Grass Knot that's located on the small island at the Eladi Lake area is a duplicate. The Grass Knot TM can be found earlier in the game, in either one of the areas accessible before beating the 4th Reven Town Gym or even earlier than that in the areas accessible before beating the 3rd Gym in Aera Town.

TMs being infinite-use means that any duplicate TM is a wasted TM that could have been other TM or relevant item. Hopefully you be able to change it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think it was earlier than I originally thought. I think you get TM86 Grass Knot from the accessible portion of Route 3 that lies north of Magnia City, meaning before the 2nd Gym. :o
    Yes, you're right.

I'll change the one in Eladi Lake.

Much appreciated!

Back