• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think I've ever been so excited for a RomHack before... This is... seriously amazing. I'm in love with this hack, thank you so much!!!

SpringtraP-MasK

Just a Artist
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    i want to play this but the fact you have permanent fainting keeps me from even wanting to play this. so, if I just start a new game and lose to the first rival fight my whole game is gonna be over?

if you have an ult version where this is removed or disabled, I'll gladly give it a try, but perma faint just turned me and a few of my close friends off from even thinking of playing this.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    i want to play this but the fact you have permanent fainting keeps me from even wanting to play this. so, if I just start a new game and lose to the first rival fight my whole game is gonna be over?

if you have an ult version where this is removed or disabled, I'll gladly give it a try, but perma faint just turned me and a few of my close friends off from even thinking of playing this.
    Considering that permadeath is an option in the list with the bold lettering that states it is selectable, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I've looked for Omanyte in Steven's Room in Meteor Falls but can't seem to find it. Is it hidden? I've checked all the rocks by interacting but haven't found it.

SpringtraP-MasK

Just a Artist
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Considering that permadeath is an option in the list with the bold lettering that states it is selectable, I don't even know what you're talking about.
    i didnt notice that. thanks for letting me know, i got to inform my friends about this now.

thanks again and look forword to trying this game now.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've looked for Omanyte in Steven's Room in Meteor Falls but can't seem to find it. Is it hidden? I've checked all the rocks by interacting but haven't found it.
    Omanyte and Kabuto are actually in Altering Cave since 2.0, but I forgot to change the docs. I just fixed the docs to reflect that.

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Omanyte and Kabuto are actually in Altering Cave since 2.0, but I forgot to change the docs. I just fixed the docs to reflect that.

How exactly does altering cave work? It would be nice if more information were in the sheets document. I looked around and none were there. Also, I encountered multiple level 70+ unown. Is that intended? On 2.3.0

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey man, great Rom! This is my favorite from hack, I wish I could apply it to any game and play.
    QOL Request: can a vendor be added in Lillycove that sells the Evo stones? it would be nice to get certain Pokemon. :)

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Hey man, great Rom! This is my favorite from hack, I wish I could apply it to any game and play.
    QOL Request: can a vendor be added in Lillycove that sells the Evo stones? it would be nice to get certain Pokemon. :)
    You can pretty easily farm these stones in the water between Lilycove and Evergrand. Watch this:
    and then after you have the setup go to the water east of Lilycove and you can find as many shards as you need.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    You can pretty easily farm these stones in the water between Lilycove and Evergrand. Watch this:
    and then after you have the setup go to the water east of Lilycove and you can find as many shards as you need.
    I usually play with the randomizer on, so what Pokemon I encounter is not consistent! but thanks for the tip!

Years
    • Seen today
    How exactly does altering cave work? It would be nice if more information were in the sheets document. I looked around and none were there. Also, I encountered multiple level 70+ unown. Is that intended? On 2.3.0

You have to unlock the rest of the cave by
    Spoiler:

Unown are intended.

Days
    • Seen today
    Is it possible to upgrade the effect of light ball? The gen 3 light ball only doubles the special attack of pikachu, but the moves have split to physical and special moves.

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I completed the dex and wanted to leave a few thoughts:

Wonderful hack, I'm grateful you made it. Feels very polished and the additions you made were all positives in my experience. As a programmer I thought the customization menu you made were really polished and nice. This felt like the actual game, not a mod. I liked the new typings and the physical/special split. The self trader was nice, too, and I'm glad there is at least some cost for evolving the trade only pokemon. The day/night system was also a nice touch, too.

A few things I wouldn't mind seeing changed:

Tying the event tickets to the Battle Frontier was not that fun, but I get that practically this is the easiest way to implement acquiring tickets. BF is some people's taste but definitely not mine. Reducing(by like half) the price of the tickets would be a very welcome change. I am not too sure about adding Wondertrades to the game. At very least I think there shouldn't be any pokemon you can only get via wondertrade.

Catching some of the legendarys was much harder than it needed to be. When trying to catch Suicune I eventually just had to admit save states were the only reasonable way to catch it because it would die to it's own weather condition, hail. Either removing the weather condition or just making Suicune immune to it would make this tolerable. Celebi has the same problem - when I was trying to capture Celebi it would almost always call Perish Song as its first move. This is a bit more bearable than Suicune because you can just put it to sleep on the first turn, but again Celebi will just call Perish Song after it wakes up. In general I don't think legendarys should be given moves that can damage/kill themselves.

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I adore this romhack, however I anm running into ann issue where Raikou will not spawn. I know where it is supposed to be, and I've caught Lugia, as well as Entei and Suicune, but Raikou won't spawn. Unsure if this is a glitch or I'm doing something wrong.

Years
    • Seen today
    I completed the dex and wanted to leave a few thoughts:

Wonderful hack, I'm grateful you made it. Feels very polished and the additions you made were all positives in my experience. As a programmer I thought the customization menu you made were really polished and nice. This felt like the actual game, not a mod. I liked the new typings and the physical/special split. The self trader was nice, too, and I'm glad there is at least some cost for evolving the trade only pokemon. The day/night system was also a nice touch, too.

A few things I wouldn't mind seeing changed:

Tying the event tickets to the Battle Frontier was not that fun, but I get that practically this is the easiest way to implement acquiring tickets. BF is some people's taste but definitely not mine. Reducing(by like half) the price of the tickets would be a very welcome change. I am not too sure about adding Wondertrades to the game. At very least I think there shouldn't be any pokemon you can only get via wondertrade.

Catching some of the legendarys was much harder than it needed to be. When trying to catch Suicune I eventually just had to admit save states were the only reasonable way to catch it because it would die to it's own weather condition, hail. Either removing the weather condition or just making Suicune immune to it would make this tolerable. Celebi has the same problem - when I was trying to capture Celebi it would almost always call Perish Song as its first move. This is a bit more bearable than Suicune because you can just put it to sleep on the first turn, but again Celebi will just call Perish Song after it wakes up. In general I don't think legendarys should be given moves that can damage/kill themselves.
    There's no wondertrade exclusives.
    Legendaries having certain moves are a byproduct of them being at a certain level where they learn that specific move. There's nothing I can do unless I edit their level or moves.

I adore this romhack, however I anm running into ann issue where Raikou will not spawn. I know where it is supposed to be, and I've caught Lugia, as well as Entei and Suicune, but Raikou won't spawn. Unsure if this is a glitch or I'm doing something wrong.
    Unless I have more information I can't help you. What does "Raikou doesn't spawn" mean? What version are you using? Which emulator, and where? Did you defeat Raikou twice? It has to be defeated two times before the third and final battle. Again, Raikou's flag is ONLY set after he is either captured or defeated, so I find pretty much impossible for that to happen.

Back