• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack [Complete, v1.10 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Love to see it! Glad you put that Shiny Charm to use and welcome to the Hall :)

Yeah, this is quite odd. I've been trying on 1.06 with different scenarios to replicate this, including switch ins, fainting, and already using Gardevoir with Specs. Currently, I'm unable to reproduce it, but I also can't deny the video in front of me. I'll try to test it further, but at the moment I'm not able to do so. Thanks for sharing this with me, though.
    Not to be that guy, but you seem to have forgotten another guy's Hall of Fame team, including two new mons he beat the game with (Emboar and Blastoise). Here's the post:

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Yeah, this is quite odd. I've been trying on 1.06 with different scenarios to replicate this, including switch ins, fainting, and already using Gardevoir with Specs. Currently, I'm unable to reproduce it, but I also can't deny the video in front of me. I'll try to test it further, but at the moment I'm not able to do so. Thanks for sharing this with me, though.
    I did my best to recreate the entire fight the way it happened originally, and I'm able to consistently reproduce it following the same (albeit terrible) line. I made a vid of one such fight if it could help identify anything. Apologies for the occasional speedup, it took a few attempts to even get this ragtag team to Mewtwo. A team that has no Earthquake immunity that depends on 70% Thunder and Flame Body proc didn't deserve to beat Gio anyway, Shadow Ball shenanigans or not. :b

Held items:
    Gardy - Choice Specs
    Mamo - Choice Band
    Swampert - Soft Sand
    Manectric - Choice Scarf
    Chandelure - Expert Belt
    Grimm - Muscle Band

This was reproduced on 1.06. Let me know if I can give you any other context that I'm not thinking of.

Days
    • Seen today
    Just finished playing through. Had a blast. Enjoyed the challenge without ripping what little hair I have left out…barely…

Spike the Nidoking
    Sky Noodle the Rayquaza
    Traeger the Emboar
    Houdini the Alakazam
    Squatch the Electivire
    Shelldon the Blastoise
    Sorry for missing this, but adding you in now! Borderline-hair ripping is the sweet spot and what I was aiming for :)
    Not to be that guy, but you seem to have forgotten another guy's Hall of Fame team, including two new mons he beat the game with (Emboar and Blastoise). Here's the post:

Thank you for letting me know! I'm not sure how I missed this, but I never want to miss these runs.

Days
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Thanks for the rom hack! Was close to giving up after 2 hours of trying to beat Roxanne things got to personal and now i'm set on beating this bloody game.
    question: how do you evolve tangela? I haven't played any pokemon game since back in the day where anela lacked evolutions.
    best regards

Days
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Thanks for the rom hack! Was close to giving up after 2 hours of trying to beat Roxanne things got to personal and now i'm set on beating this bloody game.
    question: how do you evolve tangela? I haven't played any pokemon game since back in the day where anela lacked evolutions.
    best regards
    Good job on perservering through the Roxanne fight, I promise it gets a bit easier (because of more team options) after that.
    In any case, Tangela evolves when it levels up while knowing the move Ancient Power, which it learns at Lv 38.
    Also if you need to find any more details like this, the author of the Rom Hack has provided a bunch of documentation on the hack - here - including evolutions, item/tm locations and the like
    Best of luck!

Days
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Any tips for Leader Juan's Line up? I am having difficulties finishing the last gym

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Is there a reason Swellow doesn't learn boomburst if I can catch a wild Tailow with one?

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    Any tips for Leader Juan's Line up? I am having difficulties finishing the last gym
    Juan is a fun one to use his rain against him. You can encore the Politoed turn one to lock him into Fake Outs for a few turns, rendering him useless and making the battle a 2 v 1 for a bit. While he's wasting turns, you can use an Expert Belt fast electric mon, like Manectric or Raichu, with 100% accurate Thunder to frag the left side of his team. Add in Protect and Volt Switch and a coverage move for their moveset to keep them safe if they're in danger. A Swift Swim Ludicolo of your own with Miracle Seed and Energy Ball and Fake Out can do tons of supporting damage and one-shots Mega Swampert. Bring whatever other supporting cast you want, maybe a Steel type with Iron Head in case things get dicey with Tapu Fini. Hawlucha is a great mon for Encore, and it can deal Flying damage right off the bat to Juan's Ludi. Fill out the rest of your team with some strong or fast Pokemon for worst case scenario, and you should be golden.

Days
    • Seen today
    Can you evolve duraludon here?
    Hi, this game only goes up to Gen 8, so unfortunately, Archaludon isn't in this game!
    I tip my hat to you; this is the hardest thing to do in the game. Although I don't collect Boss Rush teams, I'd love to hear what team you ran. As you know, the gauntlet has a lot of cheesy end game fights. Amazing work, nonetheless!
    Definitely give JesseNoEyes' comment a look! There are a lot of different strategies; I myself didn't exploit the rain for myself and instead opted for weather control and strong counters (i.e., Rillaboom). Try to leverage your experience beating Tate and Liza and modify your team accordingly. You can definitely do it; after all, you've made it this far! If you need further help or feedback, feel free to share your PC and party and I'm sure you'll get some good tips!
    Is there a reason Swellow doesn't learn boomburst if I can catch a wild Tailow with one?
    This is oversight on my part; I'll need to make egg moves and learnsets more consistent this weekend. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Days
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Enjoying the hack so far, but I'm really wishing there was a cheat for game corner coins. Is there any way to get easy coins aside from just buying them later in the game? I really want to use Hisuian starters before the end of the game if possible!

Days
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Loved the hack! Some of the early fight were quite frustrating but once I reached Slateport and could really experiment with teams via the level grinder things really opened up. Pink moxie crow MVP!

Attachments

• Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.10 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]
      HOFshiny.PNG
      45.2 KB · Views: 12
    Days
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Juan is a fun one to use his rain against him. You can encore the Politoed turn one to lock him into Fake Outs for a few turns, rendering him useless and making the battle a 2 v 1 for a bit. While he's wasting turns, you can use an Expert Belt fast electric mon, like Manectric or Raichu, with 100% accurate Thunder to frag the left side of his team. Add in Protect and Volt Switch and a coverage move for their moveset to keep them safe if they're in danger. A Swift Swim Ludicolo of your own with Miracle Seed and Energy Ball and Fake Out can do tons of supporting damage and one-shots Mega Swampert. Bring whatever other supporting cast you want, maybe a Steel type with Iron Head in case things get dicey with Tapu Fini. Hawlucha is a great mon for Encore, and it can deal Flying damage right off the bat to Juan's Ludi. Fill out the rest of your team with some strong or fast Pokemon for worst case scenario, and you should be golden.
    Thank you for the tips. I manage to wipe his team using a bunch of lvl 29 ( became 32) grass types after certain tries (it took a bunch of time to finish this)

now my prob Elite four haha

Days
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Sorry for the newbie question. I can't seem to find TM 36 SLudge Bomb in Dewford town. AM I missing something?

Days
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Sorry I lost track of the Rocket resurgence quest. I am stucked with "water logged" it only says "hoen" in the map. I must've missed it since I went through Elite four

Days
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Sorry I lost track of the Rocket resurgence quest. I am stucked with "water logged" it only says "hoen" in the map. I must've missed it since I went through Elite four
    I was able to continue the quest but got stucked in Mossdeep City, can't seem to find the next quest here

Days
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.10 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEAT IT AUTHOR, and also thank you so much, it was very enjoyable but also sufferable to play this hack HAHAHAHAHAH, but alas managed to beat it, keep getting wiped by some bs legendary pokes by some trainers, but it was also fun trying to grind money and expies excluding the exp trainer of course, alas this isnt the end, ill try to beat the elite 4 using only dragon types, and also more pokemons, what i really love about this game is that there is SOOOOOOO many pokemon out there to choose from, like so many unique rare abilities and moves that are only exclusive and i love that. due to being, if i interpret it, a malnourished in money, i cant play many games released by nintendo, and missed out many awesome pokemons, but playing this rom hack, it made me illustrous and joyful, playing those cool new pokemons and their uniqueness!! thank you again author, and also middle finger to your bs trainer with super bs legends HAHAHA

Attachments

• Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.10 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]
      Screenshot_2024-02-22-23-59-57-07_db515fc9b37c13f2bb1ae70a5ca464c0.jpg
      108.5 KB · Views: 4
    Back