• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack [Complete, v1.11b ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

loj

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been trying out Dragapult, and I've noticed that dragon darts often hits more than twice. Is it just base 50 power dragon type bullet seed? It seems pretty OP, IMO. You might consider lowering the base power below 50, if it can hit more than twice.

Days
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    1703721657260.png
    Loved the Rom Hack, wanted to use atleast 2 new aditions to the hall of fame and i must say crawdaunt felt surprisingly good as a wall into some hard matchups for the rest of the team.
    While Scizor was for sure the mvp of the run, raichu was the E4 mvp especially againts wallace.
    Looking foward to replaying and trying some different teams for sure!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Question, when can I use hms without teaching them to a Pokemon? I'm on gym 3 and I can't cut unless I teach it to a Pokemon

Days
    • Seen today
    Thank you for the great hack, it was a lot of fun!

Here is a screenshot of my team
    View attachment 153184
    You absolutely rock (no pun intended)! I'm sure Mono Rock came with its own challenges, so congrats and thanks for an awesome run! I'll be updating the Hall of Fame with all new clears that I missed while on vacation.
    I gave a copy of the romhack to my little sister and played it with her, so this is the second completion I've done. (Last time I used a Chimecho, and had a truly powerful Azumarill)
    View attachment 153260
    From Left to Right:
    Seaweed the Tsareena - By holding a Grass/Fighting Gem and using its super high powered STAB moves in High Jump Kick and Power Whip, can annihilate anything which is weak to it, although it has fairly low survivability. Really useful during the Wallace Fight at the end of the elite four, along with running Assault Vest + Punishment to defeat Phoebes terrifying Calyrex-Shadow, since when it has KO'd a pokemon, Punishment deals more damage.
    Knife the Gallade - Mega Evolution, high power and speed and access to a priority move in Shadow Sneak allowed the Gallade to very easily check and revenge kill pokemon. Most memorably during the Phoebe fight it was the last pokemon vs. lunala, and took 40% health with Night Slash, survived on 1 HP, then killed with Night Slash, since Lunalas ability lowers the damage of the first hit.
    Sushi the Swampert - A good special tank running Assault Vest, especially for its good switch in on electric moves, along with pivot to other pokemon with Flip Turn.
    Griddle the Corviknight - A very good physical wall with leftovers + Iron Defense, along with Body Press and Power Trip allowing its set up to destroy physical attackers. Its mirror coat ability also came in clutch against wallaces Gyarados, being able to wall it and hit back with a super effective Body Press.
    The Chef the Azumarill - A true power house of a pokemon, Azumarill actually KO'd 5 of Alternate Reality May's pokemon, by the end running a standard coverage set, along with Waterium-Z to boost its Aqua Jet, allowing it to end pokemon with low health.
    Oven the Delphox - The only special attacker on the entire team, hitting hard with Blast Burn and Psychic, along with having tools to nerf opposing pokemon, being extremely important during the Drake fight to nerf Dragonite, allowing other pokemon to not die instantly to its Extreme Speed.

Overall, if anyone is having difficulty with Roxanne's Gym, the most important advice is to pick up a Marill. Aqua Jet/Bubble both are incredibly good, and Azumarill learns Play Rough before Brawly.
    Ah, I'm truly humbled that you found it worthwhile to clear it a second time. Another round of first timers, too! Also, I loved reading your write-up. Insight into everyone's unique way of approaching each puzzle/fight is super interesting and part of the reason all of the mons are able to be caught!
    I've been trying out Dragapult, and I've noticed that dragon darts often hits more than twice. Is it just base 50 power dragon type bullet seed? It seems pretty OP, IMO. You might consider lowering the base power below 50, if it can hit more than twice.
    Hey, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm gonna look into it and do some more testing and, depending on how bad things are, implement some changes.
    View attachment 153331
    Loved the Rom Hack, wanted to use atleast 2 new aditions to the hall of fame and i must say crawdaunt felt surprisingly good as a wall into some hard matchups for the rest of the team.
    While Scizor was for sure the mvp of the run, raichu was the E4 mvp especially againts wallace.
    Looking foward to replaying and trying some different teams for sure!
    I can't say I was expecting an Alolan Raichu on here anytime soon. The fact that it provided meaningful impact in the final main story battle is awesome, too. Nice work :^)
    Heyo Got a screenshot for the hall of fame!

View attachment 153527
    Spoiler warning >:( just kidding, haha! I am loving your series and commentary right now, but this is cool to see. I was always curious if Golem would've made it to the end, so this is reassuring! Thanks for taking the time to play this through!

Days
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Are you planning on adding a difficulty system? Asking because i think the first gym leader having 6 pokemon is way too much

Days
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    Spoiler warning >:( just kidding, haha! I am loving your series and commentary right now, but this is cool to see. I was always curious if Golem would've made it to the end, so this is reassuring! Thanks for taking the time to play this through!
    No, Thank you! I really enjoyed the Romhack, despite raging here and there lol. Looking forward to future things!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Is there a glitch with the ai? A trianers lilup used thunder fang on my treeko instead of fire fang agian which would have killed me.

loj

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Bug report: A greninja water shurikened a pokemon with storm drain. Storm drain absorbed one hit then the next 4 went through.

Days
    • Seen today
    Is there a glitch with the ai? A trianers lilup used thunder fang on my treeko instead of fire fang agian which would have killed me.
    Early on, the AI will be pretty chill, but it'll ramp up for common trainers around pre-badge three. AI for bosses is consistent. However, the AI is far from perfect, so you won't always see the best choice.
    Bug report: A greninja water shurikened a pokemon with storm drain. Storm drain absorbed one hit then the next 4 went through.
    Great find! So, I've got the fix for this, which is good news. The bad news is I won't be putting out a hotfix for some time, as I'm working on a nice little update in the form of v1.05. Your feedback has been invaluable, so thank you so much for letting me know every time you see a discrepancy.

Days
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    How do I mega evolve, I hit start with the mega Stone on my houndoom and it didn't work?

loj

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    It's been kind of screwy recently for me too. A weakness policy golurk just decided to rock polish 4 times instead of sweeping my team. And people keep spamming stone edge on my fighting types. Which is weird since I remember feeling like the AI was significantly better than the default games. It's to the point that I wonder if something is legitimately messed up.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen today
    Just beat the league, loved the game dude especially the quests!

View attachment 153947
    Congrats on the completed run! Yeah, I loved the idea of quests, and PkmnSanFran's quest menu was really the difference maker for making this type of thing a reality! Shoutout to them!
    Hey, how do I evolve decidueye into hisuian form?
    Hey, so you'll need to either catch one or use a Linking Cord on a Dartrix! Hope this helps!
    It's been kind of screwy recently for me too. A weakness policy golurk just decided to rock polish 4 times instead of sweeping my team. And people keep spamming stone edge on my fighting types. Which is weird since I remember feeling like the AI was significantly better than the default games. It's to the point that I wonder if something is legitimately messed up.
    It's certainly an imperfect system; the expectation is it does the best move, but that always isn't the case and it's bound to happen. It'll probably be refined after a few more updates.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Hello, this rom looks great!
    Is it ok that if I repost it to Chinese forum with credit to this post?
    --
    After playing it as my first difficult rom hack, I had find back the joy of pokemon battling! Much appreciated.

Last edited:

loj

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Multiverse May was kind of a pushover. Kleavor soloed her first two pokemon, lopunny beat regiice without taking damage, then moxie scarf krookodile swept the entire rest of her team. I don't really use legends or battle competitively so I don't know: Are those pokemon she was using actually supposed to be good?

Also old lady me is using chef me's dialogue.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Congrats on the completed run! Yeah, I loved the idea of quests, and PkmnSanFran's quest menu was really the difference maker for making this type of thing a reality! Shoutout to them!

Hey, so you'll need to either catch one or use a Linking Cord on a Dartrix! Hope this helps!

It's certainly an imperfect system; the expectation is it does the best move, but that always isn't the case and it's bound to happen. It'll probably be refined after a few more updates.
    Thx alot man, much appreciated

Back