• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need help !! i messed my rom hack and not sure how to fix it !

Days
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    hi everyone ,

i had been working on a mod of pokemon leaf green and ran into a pretty massive issue that is way beyond what i can figure out how to fix.
    when i started the game , i noticed that some sprites were not showing up . ( like the female nidoran in the intro with Oak). i also noticed that when the battle against the rival starts, his sprite doesnt show up either. same for my characters' sprite . when he goes to get out his pokemon, there isnt any sprites either and the game just stops there. nothing else happens.

i can still press the help menu and it shows as normal , but the game is just stuck there.

my guess is that i have likely changed incorrect data by accident and messed up something in the scripts or whatever else it may be.
    when the game is done , i will definitely credit anyone who was able to help on this project.
    i have been working on this for a long time and i would prefer if i don't have to start everything over .

i really hope this project can be saved.
    here is a link to the media fire. its all the game files i have regarding this.3

please let me know if you know how to fix this , it would be super appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • As @Hiroshi Sotomura said, you'll need to provide either screenshots or a patch of your hack so people can see exactly what you're talking about.

Can't offer a specific solution, but here are some notes that will benefit you in the future:
    • Backups. Every time you decide to start working on your hack, make a backup copy. It's just a good habit.
    • Test thoroughly. Regardless of their apparent significance, if you make a bunch of changes in one fell swoop, it will be harder to pinpoint the cause of an issue you're having.
    This is advice that doesn't actively solve your problem, I know, but it will prevent such issues from being too devastating to your progress. To try and fix it, you need to retrace your steps:
    • When did you last test/play the ROM, where it wasn't showing you any issues?
    • When did you first notice the game-breaking issue?
    • What were the changes you've made before you noticed the issue?
    As you say, you've likely accidentally replaced some important data, but without us knowing what you were doing, it's impossible to know what data you accidentally corrupted. We need to specifically know what work you were doing (replacing sprites, maps, scripts, etc) before anyone can make an educated guess.

Back