• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**HELP** CRFU Compiled..But now my map is orange and all sprites are blue!?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Hi guys,

First of all i sincerely apologise is this is in the wrong section!! Please feel free to move it mods, sorry!

extremely new to Rom Hacking but wanted to get the DPE and CRFU installed into my vanilla clean fire red rom so followed Leon's excellent tutorial online. Seems to be a success as it (eventually) compiled both the DPE and CRFU albeit with a couple of tweaks, mainly dude to the tutorial being a tiny tiny bit outdated compared to CRFU's more recent updates i assume.

I applied the patch at the beginning as instructed, i opted for the Ultimate Rom Base - Complete Package as opposed to the No Overworld Expansion .ups and copied it to DPE root under BPRE0.gba

I did all that was requested in the edits of DPE and GRFU and ran the make.py and everything compiled after editing some mistakes with ITEM_CODE on DPE but it worked, i copied the test.gba into the CRFU and did the same.

although most compiled there were alot of 'array' errors like below;

It compiled even with these 'warnings' and created the test.gba

i loaded it and its working fine (I think - haven't actually added anything just want to see it run smooth) and the first thing that goes wrong is these messages;
    **HELP** CRFU Compiled..But now my map is orange and all sprites are blue!?**HELP** CRFU Compiled..But now my map is orange and all sprites are blue!?**HELP** CRFU Compiled..But now my map is orange and all sprites are blue!?

Then when i create the player its all good, all the animations every fine and dandy and then this on game start;

the tiles arent loaded properly! I then go outside and everything is in a hazy orange and the sprites are all blue

I assume this is a palette issue? and something to do with the RTC as it looks like it's a night time feature of some sort? But i have no idea!!

The game seems to run really fine, i can pick the starter in Oak's lab no problem - opposed to the test.gba file i created after compiling the DPE .py script as that crashed once the starter was picked but had all the right colours (the tilesets in the player's bedroom had even more missing than after the CFRU but all the sprites were normal and the outside map was daylight and normal)

If you guys could please help me with this it would help massively!! I just want to know this expanded version is here for when i want to start making my rom after i've spent time learning the ins and the outs of binary hacking and the old school style with advanced map.

Many thanks guys!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Just managed to open AdvancedMap 1.95 and clicked on the map tiles, where the error with the missing tiles can be seen;

It appears alot of maps haven't been compiled properly either, as they all have missing tiles. Here is an example;

Thanks for taking your time reading this :) and i apologise for being an utter noob..

Back