• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FINISHED] The Fortune Cup

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    It's time to reveal the cards!

For those who picked the #9 card:
    Ranko
    Aquacorde

Spoiler:

For those who picked the #8 card:
    Cubism

Let's see what you've got:
    Spoiler:

For those who picked the #7 card:
    Corviknight
    Eleanor
    gimmepie

Spoiler:

For those who picked the #6 card:
    (no one)

Spoiler:

For those who picked # 5
    (no one)

Spoiler:

For those who picked #4
    (which is no one)

Spoiler:

For those who picked #3
    Sakura
    5qwerty

Spoiler:

For those who picked #2
    Fafnir

Spoiler:

For those who picked #1
    (which is no one)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    7/29
    115 coins

7/30
    Spoiler:

115 coins

+150 from lotto

380 coins total

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    It's time...
    ...For the fortune lottery!

That's right! Three of you get the chance to win 150 coins, and three special prizes!

All you need to do is pick 1 set of 5 numbers, each set of number from 1-30. (eg. 3, 10, 18, 20, 26). Then, PM me those numbers! The first three who gets their own numbers picked first will win the prizes and gets to add them to their roster~!

Years
    Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    The Lotto Results are in!

The first winner is...

Spoiler:

Here comes the second winner...

Spoiler:

And finally... the third!

Spoiler:

This was really, really close because people chose similar numbers... But, congrats to the lotto winners! You all gain 150 coins, and the Starter prizes!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Fortune Cup...
    ...Final Chance!

The end of the Fortune Cup is nigh! From now on, until the end of the tournament (Friday, July 31st, 11:59 p.m.), there will be special rules!

1) There will be no more of the "lost 3 times = pokemon" rule. So from now on, if you need pokemon, you will need to buy them.
    2) Every Pokemon you buy will be a guaranteed fully evolved pokemon, or a stand-alone pokemon!
    3) Every coin you now get will be DOUBLED! For each battle you win, you'll be given 20 coins! For each battle lost, you'll be given 10 coins!

This is the final stretch... good luck, everyone! Happy fortune!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    The results are here!

Thanks for playing, everyone, and I hope you had a fortune-of-a time! But now, the results are here:

In 3rd place...

It's Aquacorde, with 380 coins!!

Coming in second....

Fafnir, with 495

And in first place...

5qwerty, with a whopping 640 coins!!

Once again, thank you all for playing the Fortune Cup, and where ever you go, may fortune await you!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Thank you for hosting this Dragon! I honestly had a lot of fun with this.
    Spoiler: for everyone's curiosity
    Exeggcute
    Deoxys-Attack
    Salamence
    Meowth
    Lunatone
    Crobat
    Eldegoss
    Kadabra
    Duraludon
    Bergmite
    Combee
    Rillaboom
    Cinderace
    Inteleon

My starting 8 contained some useless Pokémon and not a whole lot of synergy (basically, I had to use 3 Psychic-types with a huge weakness to Ice and not a whole lot to switch into it because many are glass cannons) but when I saw Megas were allowed and I had Salamence I was like :eyes:. Winning Duraludon did help to some extent but my some of my issues remained, which did end up me losing 3 times and getting a Bergmite and for some salt on the wounds I purchased a Combee. And then I've won the Galar starters but I've only really used Rillaboom and Cinderace, while they were extremely solid (especially Cinderace), I felt my team was still too hyper offensive, which I felt was a downfall to this team.

Final team was: Deoxys-Attack, Salamence (Mega), Crobat, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Duraludon

Years
    • Seen today
    Might as well post my crap too.

First 8 were:
    • Hydreigon
    • Corviknight
    • Duraludon
    • Shiinotic
    • Cofagrigus
    • Sealeo
    • Vulpix-A
    • Gulpin

I was extremely lucky to get Corviknight, who (with Dynamax) could sweep if it got the chance to set up. Also Hydreigon, who was fast and strong. Though I had nothing super fast, I was still about to clutch out wins because of Corv and how fat the rest of my mons were.

Then bought 3, got Turtonator, Mime Jr., and Furret. Nothing speical, but I played around with some joke sets. After that, I bought 2, and got Azelf and Metagross, which finally gave me some faster Pokémon and some serious heavy hitters. I lost 3, and then got Dragapult, and it basically gave me the speed control necessary to be able to win vs anyone as long as I played correctly around their Dynamax.

I bought some more Pokémon but they were all kind of low tier, along the lines of Spritzee, Anorith, Nidorino, Bergmite, etc. I got Ditto from the card game, so that actually sealed the deal for me, as I could revenge sweep even if my opponent got set up with their Dynamax.

Overall, very fun event. GT was definitely more exciting for me when this was running. The "fortune events" were a nice addition (at least compared to the last time I played this).

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Oh, we postin' our Pokémon?

My first 8 were
    -Tyrunt
    -Simisage
    -Luxio
    -Celebi
    -Beldum
    -Clawitzer
    -Alolan Golem
    -Mimikyu

So... Nothing special really. Mimikyu and (somehow) Clawitzer carried the whole team, basically. And Eviolite/Sturdy Tyrunt was actually very helpful to drop them Stealth Rocks, though eventually I stopped using it.

I bought three Pokémon then and... they sucked: Cosmog, Cubone and Purrloin, this last one was somewhat useful, tho, using it with Fake Out, then Prankster Thunder Wave, then U-Turn, holding a Focus Sash.

After my first three losses I got Venusaur who I obviously used with its Mega Stone and actually came in pretty handy with Leech Seed + Sleep Powder.

Then was the Chests thing that gave me an Alolan Muk I didn't use and after losing other 3 times I got a Crabominable that became my (very bad) Dynamax Pokémon for a while.
    After other 3 losses I purchased two Pokémon more (Braixen, Illumise, Hitmonchan) from which I didn't use any.

Now my so far terrible luck took a sudden turn just at the end of the event. I lost for the 15th time and got a Solgaleo from it that totally replaced Crabominable from Dynamax, and on the final day I did my last purchases and one of them was Corviknight that got me most of my victories at the end of the event.

tl;dr my luck is ass, but I still had fun with this.

Final Pokémon I got:
    Spoiler:

Final Team: Celebi, Clawitzer, Corviknight, Venusaur, Mimikyu, Solgaleo

Years
    My first eight were Chandelure, Seaking, Espeon, Alolan Exeggutor, Claydol, Klink, Butterfree and Skorupi. Which was... sub-optimal lol. I used a team of Chandelure, Seaking, Espeon, Exeggutor, Butterfree and Claydol to start with. I lost three and immediately ditched Seaking for Wishiwashi which helped give me some physical power but my team still wasn't great. My next two Pokemon were pretty lacklustre being Froakie and Lombre (I am now realising I got a metric fucktonne of Water types). Things started changing for the better after that when I got Salazzle who, although not quite as powerful as Chandelure, could easily outspeed most of the other Pokemon coming up, poison literally anything and boost it's power easily with Nasty Plot/Max Ooze/Sun (via Max Flare) to become a solid set-up sweeper. I also got Alolan Muk somewhere in there which was a really useful defensive pivot.

I started winning more often from there, although my next two Pokemon were rather disappointing being Toucannon and Sobble. Things improved further after that though because I got Gyarados who was a much more prominent physical threat than Wishiwashi as well as a great setup sweeper thanks to Moxie, Dragon Dance and Max Airstream. The last Pokemon I picked up was Scolipede who further enhanced my setup options with Speed Boost, Lansat Berry and Baton Pass.

That left my final team as Scolipede, Gyarados, Salazzle, Claydol, Espeon and Alolan Muk and the total number of Water types I RNGd at 6.
    Spoiler: Team Composition in full
    Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Megahorn
    - Baton Pass

Salazzle @ Heavy-Duty Boots
    Ability: Corrosion
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe