• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon

I did a picture:

[PokeCommunity.com] Favorite Pokemon

For some facts…

- There really is only one legendary here. I normally don't care too much about legendaries, but Giratina has a very creative design.

- There is exactly one tie here, and it's for Grass. In which that's tied for Meganium and Rillaboom. I went for Rillaboom because there was already another gen2 starter listed here.

- There was a no repeat rule here, and some of them could take up multiple spots but were not the case. Normally Weavile would have been first for Dark, and my preferences for Steel would be Magnezone then Aggron then Scizor.

- There were also many other runner ups, such as Gallade for Fighting, Swellow for Flying, Swampert for Ground, Skeledirge, Infernape, and Charizard for Fire, Houndstone for Ghost, Sceptile and Torterra for Grass, Luxray for Electric, and the other Dark starters for Dark.

- I also did a generation count, with regional variants counting for the gen the later form came from, and it goes like 3 mons for gens 4, 8, and 2, 2 mons from gens 3 and 5, and 1 mon from gens 9, 1, and 6. So overall very balanced in that regard.

After this recent generation, I've begun to say Iron Valiant is my favourite!

My favourite used to be Luxray but it's more of a childhood favourite and I haven't really replaced that spot in my mind with anything else. I'd also consider ones like Banette, Mawile, Tinkaton, or Primarina to be favourites!

as of late, this is what I'm feelin'.

honorable mentions to Leafeon for Grass, Excadrill for Ground, Kartana for Steel, and Gallade for Fighting.

My favorite for the longest time has been Latios.

My other favorites include Greninja, Decidueye, Charizard(Charmander was my starter in my first run of FireRed, my first game); I also like Aggron. My favorite 2nd generation Pokemon is Politoed.

Can't remember if I posted in here so if I did apologies. But here's my fav Pokémon from all the regions.
Kanto: Jynx
Johto: Stantler / Smoochum
Hoenn: Milotic
Sinnoh: Gallade
Unova: Gothorita / Meloetta
Kalos: Furfrou
Alola: Tsareena
Galar: Zarude
Hisui: Liligant (Hisui)
Paldea: Sprigatito

I know this makes the third time I've posted here but now I'm torn between a few. Dunsparce is basically ingrained into my identity for being my mascot for so many years, but I also adore Wartortle for its nostalgic value and cool yet cute aesthetic. However, my most sentimental Pokémon in-game at this moment is my Shiny Flareon, randomly found (as an Eevee) during a Gen. 6 Wonderlocke, who I've been maining ever since the SV DLC. I'm not sure if that would be enough to qualify it as my favorite in the general sense though.

I'm also very attached to my full-odds Shiny Mothim from HGSS, my most prized hunted Shiny. Very me, as I adore both bagworms and moths. Tbh, I could've seen him being my new favorite/mascot by now had I been able to use him more across the games. Only recently learned how to reverse engineer him for use in earlier games again and find myself maining him in most of those now, so maybe it's just a matter of time?

Honorable mentions include Alolan Sandslash and Luxio. Sandlash was among my favorite and most nostalgic Gen. I Pokémon and Ice is my favorite type, so it's only natural that I'd fall for the icy regional variant and knew that I was going to Shiny-hunt it when the games came out.

After a month or so, I'd grown tired of hatching eggs and decided to run around the region for a change of pace, working my way backward through the game. To my surprise, a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew of all things pops up before even reaching the base of Mt. Lanakila!

As for Luxio, I'd realized that it had become one of my favorites after seeing a bunch of them on the Isle of Armor during a storm one day. They just made me feel happy! I believe that's when I decided to Shiny-hunt one. Initially started there as I figured that would be a good use of my Safari Ball but ended up switching to DPPt instead where it didn't take long to get the golden cat. What made it climb the ranks even higher though was transferring it to SWSH and finding out it was a "Glistening" (1/65536) Shiny!

Last edited:
oh gee i wonder what my favorite pokémon could possibly be...
Yes, my favorite Pokémon is in fact Empoleon. It was my first starter and it means a lot to me, so much so that it's part of the username I use everywhere online. Also Water-Steel is a cool unique typing that has yet to have been used for any other Pokémon. Other favorites of mine are:
- Volcarona: I transferred up the one from the Relic Castle to Y and it filled in the last spot on my in-game team that I was struggling to fill. It's a powerful Pokémon in battle, and I just really love moths. They're so fuzzy and cute :)
- Ampharos: I have always loved the whole Mareep line since they're all cute. But then Mega Ampharos was revealed and I loved it even more. So majestic! I have an Ampharos on my in-game team in UM and she's wonderful :)
- Absol: same deal as Ampharos. Loved it even before the Mega, but Mega Absol really fueled my "edgy middle school" phase. I think it was one of the first Pokémon I ever drew and I was so proud of it at the time.
- Tsareena: didn't like this Pokémon at first but it grew on me. Don't really know how to explain why I love Tsareena so much, but I do. Unfortunately it's one of *THOSE* Pokémon if you know what I mean (like Gardevoir or Lopunny) which makes me sad...
- Clodsire: I haven't played SV yet but I just think Clodsire is an adorable goober. Also I love it because it's Rika's signature Pokémon and I LOVE HER SO MUCH
- Obstagoon: kinda the same deal as Clodsire - I haven't played SwSh either, but I love Obstagoon by association with Piers, who is my FAVORITE Pokémon character.

I have a lot of favorites. Milotic, Chandelure, Metagross, Hitmontop, Weavile, Roserade, Espeon, Arcanine, Gardevoir, and Starmie are my top 10!

I realized I've never posted in this before, oops.

My favourite Pokemon is Scrafty actually! People get surprised when my favourite Pokemon isn't a Dragon-type but in a way it is draconic due to being a lizard and learning a fair bit of Dragon-type moves. I could honestly write a novel about it but the short version is it's a creative and original design and fun to use in battles.

Back