• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discord

Years
    So this comes up like I think nearly every year? Anyway we've done a separate server, we've hosted GT on the main server, we've amassed pings and we've not. I think for the sake of no arguments during the GT and to just get small things like this out of the way, just want to discuss how best to set up Discord for the event.

I believe Dakota mentioned having a separate role that can be freely [?] ping regarding things such as events etc. (I know most of mine for example require at least two daily updates). Would it also be worth having a channel specifically for event updates, so that people can mute as appropriate, and then the standard announcements channel to avoid turning people off wanting to participate?

The TL;DR is that these issues of oversaturation of bothering users causes the same like 5% of people to participate so just want to avoid that as much as we can this year.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    This is something the admins talked about it a bit, we want to aim for giving each event that needs it its own pingable role for people participating - VG trivia, voice calls, etc.

Years
    I liked last year that we had the discord side of the GT on the main server. It was more organized and easier on everyone to participate in.

I like the idea of the optional ping for events. However, I would also like to keep the team roles pingable as well as a just in-case should we need to make specific announcements inside the teams' channels, and in announcements in general.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    oh it's def gonna be on the main server again

I like the idea of the optional ping for events. However, I would also like to keep the team roles pingable as well as a just in-case should we need to make specific announcements inside the teams' channels, and in announcements in general.

I think that's something we can turn on temporarily if we need to, I'd rather it not be the default since I want to be clear to random team members asking for help with some random event etc that they should be using the opt-in roles

Years
    I guess what I had in mind was having the pings enabled for management and maybe EOs. Definitely keep them disabled for regular participants lmao

Years
    Oh well if separate roles for all the events is a thing then sure, that compeltely works out, I just suggested other stuff because I didn't want rolelists being bloated.

I agree that there still needs to be the overarching team roles, but we can just curb using that if need be. +1 to separate roles for each separate event.

Years
    Specific event roles and team roles should be fine even if it bloats the list. They'd only be temporary I imagine?

Years
    +1 opt-in pings. i think an unintended side effect of this is that it'll actually improve morale since people would no longer feel guilty about having to participate in events that they have little to no interest in. at least this way, people are free to choose how they feel they should best contribute to their team.

Back