• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Clone via the GTS Glitch

Should the first post of this thread be Stickyed?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where is my Prize for answering this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
Years
  • When you upload a Pokemon onto the GTS, you will see a "clock" in the bottom-right

corner of the screen (when it says "Checking GTS's status..."). If you look at your router,

some lights should have flashed for a second. When that "clock's" "hand" has gone around

in a circle about 7 times, look at your router. You must turn off your DS when those

lights begin to flash again. You have to be very quick!
    When you turn it back on, you

should see a blue screen with the message "The save file is corrupted." (If not, you have

to start over from the beginning!) Don't Worry! The game has a dual save feature.

Now, load your save and you should be coming out of the door behind the counter in the

GTS. (If you're in front of the desk, don't despair. That sometimes works too.) Now check

your party. If the Pokemon that you're trying to clone is still in there, you can proceed. (If

not, reset the game and check again. If it's still not in your party, check the GTS. If you

still can't find it, PANIC!!!) Next, log onto the GTS. If the first option is "Deposit Pokemon",

you've failed. However, if the first option is "Summary", then you've suceeded! Withdraw

the cloned Pokemon and give yourself a pat on the back! Enjoy your clone!

NOTE: If you clone Mew, the clone won't become Mewtwo. :-)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    aww why can't cloning mew create a mewtwo lol, it would be cool if it did anyway nice work with this

Corgie

Shiny Umbreon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    uhm I thought they fixed the GTS glitch. In anycase does anyone know to to clone using AR? My friend just got one.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
  • i havent ried your way of cloning yet but the wifi adapter is always blinking green so uhm...what do i do?

Years
  • It could fail if you clone with the clock. It's better if you have a modem with the ethernet, wireless and usb light. When the wireless light starts to shine quickly, then you turn off your DS. There is a video in youtube about this glicht, write in youtube searcher the following Clonacion Pokemon en el GTS Daimante/Perla by Poketaz
    it's in spanish, but if someone wants, i could translate it.

I could'nt post the URL because i need make 15 post

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    if u have wifi usb ur stuck you just have to guess when it transfers...

if your router is always blinking shut down all of the computers that are attached to it and then try

DarrylR

Banned
    Years
  • Aren't Nintendo starting to ban GTS cloning, this is why cloners clone on another game as a safety precaution?

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Doesn't help me at all, mine spins 3 times then goes through... It's different for all people, I guess some have it easy, some don't.

That's why i use my method of cloning.
    Also, I've had a save file wiped because of this.
    It said the file was corrupted etc, but my file was gone, all there was was the New Game and Options.
    That's why i don't bother with this method anymore.

Last edited:

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    It isn't really true that it takes around 7 spins for me it usually goes up to 8 my record is 10,5 lol. It depends on in wich room I am.

Djfalcs

Elite Trainer Dan
    Years
  • When you upload a Pokemon onto the GTS, you will see a "clock" in the bottom-right

corner of the screen (when it says "Checking GTS's status..."). If you look at your router,

some lights should have flashed for a second. When that "clock's" "hand" has gone around

in a circle about 7 times, look at your router. You must turn off your DS when those

lights begin to flash again. You have to be very quick!
    When you turn it back on, you

should see a blue screen with the message "The save file is corrupted." (If not, you have

to start over from the beginning!) Don't Worry! The game has a dual save feature.

Now, load your save and you should be coming out of the door behind the counter in the

GTS. (If you're in front of the desk, don't despair. That sometimes works too.) Now check

your party. If the Pokemon that you're trying to clone is still in there, you can proceed. (If

not, reset the game and check again. If it's still not in your party, check the GTS. If you

still can't find it, PANIC!!!) Next, log onto the GTS. If the first option is "Deposit Pokemon",

you've failed. However, if the first option is "Summary", then you've suceeded! Withdraw

the cloned Pokemon and give yourself a pat on the back! Enjoy your clone!

NOTE: If you clone Mew, the clone won't become Mewtwo. :-)

You nearly got it :)

Apart from, a better time to turn it off, with more successful results, is that when the clock points upwards for the EIGHTH time, that's when you should turn it off :)

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    mmm I believe you are supposed to turn it off before the lights flash, and generally turn it off at the eigth spin.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
  • No. You turn it off when the lights just begin to flash. It's split-second. If done correctly, it should produce a clone about 85-95% of the time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    We already have a link to the explanation on our D/P FAQ, so this really isn't needed. :/

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back