• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats pkmn battle rev like?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
obviously us british peeps get everything last...
but anyway, any good? cant believe you americans have it already!!
so what is the wi-fi like? tell me, what can you do over the wi-fi and DS connectivity?

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
Years
  • Age 115
  • I
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Good if:
You own D/P
You like to battle
You have Wi-Fi

Bad if:
You don't own D/P
You don't like battling
You don't have Wi-fi.

In a nutshell.

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
Years
  • Age 115
  • I
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Yeah, it's a matter of prefrence.
I don't own it either yet. Damn britain.

Endless_Winters

..A wasteland of lost thoughts
Years
Good things come to those who wait.
Just be patient, it will come. :]
I'm Canadian and we get the games a few days or a week after the americans do, depending on what part of the country we're in.
I remember waiting for it to come to North America after it was released in Japan. Just as painful as you guys waiting for it to come to Europe as well. But hang in there! You'll enjoy it :] Mine's coming in today sometime.. should pick it up soon.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
I'm gonna be liking PBR I think. Seen videos of the English gameplay, and I'm impressed. Main pull for me is the opportunity for random battles, something which D/P lacks. I'm from the UK too, I heard it's sometime in October for us.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
Rev is pretty cool, I'd say. There's endless tournaments to play in (versus computers) in like..8 different venues. Unfortunately, unlike XD or Colosseum there isn't any free walk around map or towns and such to go to. But the online capabilities make up for that, you can have a friend roster same as D/P and even customize your character (though overall it's limited).

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
well what we in the UK should be doin is instead of making threads like this and complaining about how long it takes for us to get stuff we should remember that we where the first English speeking country to get a game that worked on wifi
(mario strikes of course that got ruined when it came out in the US couse every time i go to play a game on it they allways disconnect and it NEVER happend till it was released there)
and we should also be EV training are teams for the Battles to come so when it does come out here we are ready to kick some ass

chibi

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2008
hmm hows it like... we'll to summerize it i'd say...

a $50 version of D/p that you cant use without D/P. You get to fight "random" teams of legendaries! you can also see some lame effects that arent that great and get a lame surfing pikachu you can trade for on the trade forums. only brightside i can see is that you cant take it with you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2007
It's cool to see the full size/color/shape of your pokemon on a big screen. Very good game as long as you own D/P.

Capin' Keanan

I Have No Boat. :(
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2007
This game looks like the only Decent 3D Pokemon game out there, I'm getting it as soon as it comes out for the UK.

Endless_Winters

..A wasteland of lost thoughts
Years
Just got it the other day and I have been playing it a little bit. :) I actually like it. Mostly because I've always loved seeing the pokemon in 3D.
Plus its extra nice to see your shinies fly out of that pokeball.
I know theres not much to it besides 3D battles and online capabilities, but it was enough for me to spend 36$ CAN on it. (bought it factory sealed off ebay!) And I really love the random battle feature, where I can play with an annonymous trainer somewhere on the planet and test my skillz :o!! lol

Overall I'd say its great for a pokemon fan who loves battling, plain and simple. If you're looking for adventure or a storyline and that's it, I suggest you stick to DP. DP is the main game, PBR is one of those "on the side" games, that just makes you further enjoy DP.

I admit though, sitting on my couch or wandering around the living room and battling someone in Japan is pretty interesting.

Delano

Wanderer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NYC
  • Seen Aug 25, 2009
i love it, sure it doesnt have any mini games like the other stadium games, but if you like battling, i think its great.

Back