• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Anime - The First Linear Pokémon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Pokémon Anime - The First Semi-Linear Pokémon Game

Pokémon Anime
Made with: RPGMaker XP and script from poccil/Flameguru/etc. (Pokemon Essentials)

Introduction.
Some may remember me from having the idea of making a Pokégame revolving around the Anime, but also using the system known from the videogames.

Your party will exist of the Pokémon in the Anime. Pikachu, Caterpie, Pidgeotto, Mug, Crabby, Tauros, Lapras etc etc etc. They join your party during the course of the story. You can still catch other Pokemon though, its gonna be a normal Pokemon game.

Story.
In the game, you'll go through different episodes through the Pokémon journey. Team Rocket will be a returning nemesis in this game, and of course, they will be the famous Jesse and James, lead by Meowth.
The story revolves around Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, who oversleeps and is bound to start his Pokémon journey with Pikachu, a very stubborn Pokémon. During his journey, he'll meet the water Pokémon trainer Misty (who will join in your party) and gym leader Brock. Of course, he'll meet Jenny and Joy as well. No worries, pretty much every character he meets in the Animé will cross his path...

Features.
# The tilesets will be from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Fire Red/Leaf Green games. Including selfmade buildings that were Anime-only material. Like Oak's lab for example. But also the Pokémon Centers and Ash's house.

# Music will be straight from the Anime, fully edited so that the music can loop forever without sounding off...

# The battle system will be original Pokémon style.

# Some Pokémon will leave your party during the course of the game. Example is Butterfree...

# Misty and Brock will be in your party, and their Pokémon will enter your party with them. This means you can use THEIR Pokémon.

# There is a Pokédex and PokéGear.

# Pokémon will make their sound. Pikachu in particular. You'll hear many many Pikachu cries during battle and during map walking. It's anime or it's not, right?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:

Development.
# Right now, the following maps are done, with its events.
- Pallet Town (completely different from the games)
- Ash's Room
- Oak's Labratory
- Route 1

# Right now the following sprites are done.
- Ash Ketchum
- Ash Ketchum in his pyjamas
- Gary Oak
- Professor Oak
- Pikachu

# Pokéball Sound Effects

# Animé Music is nearing completion

# Transcript from the dialogue of the first 3-4 episodes.

The easy part of this all is that the story is pretty much worked out for me already. All I need to do is make tilesets and charactersets. If any skilled gfx artists like to help, that'd be awesome. Like I said, tilesets from Ruby I got, all I need now is buildings from Anime, but Ruby-style. Im working on it myself too, but I could always use a hand.

UPDATE: DEMO!!
It's to give you an impression of how the game will work. There aren't much battles in this demo, but the thing is, in the first 2 episodes, it's more of an introduction to the characters and story. Afterwards, in Viridian Forest, you've got enough time to battle Pokémon and trainers...

Two minor errors:
Ash is not wearing a pyjama! I couldnt finish the sprite in time.
Misty only has stance sprites. She'll be finished soon... hopefully with help from axibar. ;)

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60557894/Pok_mon_Anim__Demo.exe.html

There are a lot of flaws, I know, but it gives you an idea of how I envisioned this game. All I needed more was a proper Pokeball/PC/Pokedex/Save/Pokemon system with a Pokemon resolution. xD

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
Good, but extremely hard to complete...
The anime has a looooooooong story line (and it´s still going on)
it would be difficult to finish this project.
But it´s a good idea, keep on it.
(and I like Final Fantasy style too)

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
But I'm most definetly not gonna use all the Anime episodes, so dont worry.

Ill stick with the Gym episodes, Pokémon that Ash catched, and maybe, some side-missions surrounding episodes that are non-Gym/Pokémon catching.

Anyways, Im also here to announce that I already finished:
- Oak's Labratory Outside
- Pokémon Center Viridian City
- Pokémon Center Pewter City
- Police Station Viridian City
- Pikachu walk animation (Diamond/Pearl rip, its the nicest version)

So I'm going good. XD Pictures soon, when I ask a mod to move this thread.

Also, I will use music from the Anime itself. So no gameboy-style melodies, no, FULLY ORCHESTRAL songs. I like it that way better... the songs sound a lot better that way. I got the songs already btw.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
are you going to add the movie events into this couse the first and second movies would work great in a game

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
i just dont think it'll work. simply because people don't like set pokemon. well i wouldnt, so i assuming people will be like me. people prefer to build their own team by catching there own pokemon. but if you can pull it off and make it work, good luck with it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Well you gotta understand that this isnt a typical Pokémon game. It's soley based on the Animé, so it's impossible to make you choose your own team. You can align the Pokémons in the order of your choice though, in order to beat bosses. Just like in any RPG really.

I think you'll gonna love it.

What I got so far:
- Pokémon Centers Viridian City/Pewter City
- Oak's Lab
- Ash's House
- All Animé music I need
- Pokéball Sound Effects (Really important, right?)
- Pokémon sounds, so far only Goldeen though.
- Episode 1 and 2 dialogue ready, episode 3 coming up, episode 5 50% done.

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
Years
- Pokéball Sound Effects (Really important, right?)
I had that idea to my game first!!!!!!!!:\
But (it happen sometimes) 2 can have the same idea, if that´s the case, keep the work on your game.
If not, just please, give credit for it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I had that idea to my game first!!!!!!!!:\
But (it happen sometimes) 2 can have the same idea, if that´s the case, keep the work on your game.
If not, just please, give credit for it.
We had the same idea apparently. I was watching the Animé for scripts of the characters (all dialogue is strictly from the Animé) and I heard the pokéball sound and thought "wait, why the hell is that not in the games!" Thus my reasoning.

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
Great in the way you have it. I think you should have the CBS more Pokemon Like. Also since your making your game and is in progress why not put it in the Game Section? I think you would get more feedback there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for the advice.

The thing is, scripting is extremely complicated. So Ill see what I can do. A different windowskin can change a lot I believe though.

Why is there 7 slots?
In the Anime, you could only hold six.
Those are not slots. Its a bar that shows which Pokémon is on turn. Right now, that's Pikachu as you can see. Right behind him is Ekans, followed by Koffing and Caterpie.

This system brings out a lot more strategy in the battle system. When you are on low HP and your enemy is too, and you see that the following turn is yours, you know that by attacking your enemy, you won the battle. You see?

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
heh yeah this is a nice game. what else is there that you might add in to it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
heh yeah this is a nice game. what else is there that you might add in to it?
I might add Skill Chain attacks. This means that two Pokémon can attack at the same time and the attack does more damage.

It happens in the Anime, so why not in the game, right?

My goal is to introduce a lot of new stuff in the Pokémon games, so I'm positive more things will be in this game than just what I named.

A weather system most probably for example.

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
yeah sure, go for it.
cant wait to see more screens and maps you made :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I can tell you guys that the battle system is a bit different. The Pokémon are animated and on-screen. It looks really good, Pikachu looks sexy. (Ranger-style)

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
UPDATE!

Project change, thus I figured revival of this project is okay too. Screens very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back