• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magmortar and Electivire

PoetikaL

The Shiny Hunter
Years
I just read that if you don't have access to LeafGreen or FireRed to get a Magby or Elekid in D/P, when you get PBR, you can get Magmortar and Electivire when you unlock the gold and silver cards in PBR.

Electivire

Level 50
Magnet
OT: PKTOPIA
ID: 06257
Move Set:
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Magmortar
Level 50
Charcoal
Move Set:
Flamethrower
Psychic
Hyper Beam
SolarBeam

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I checked on Serebii and their newest update says it's true. Serebii is a very reliable source, so I'm guessing it's true.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
You mean 'surfing pikachu...with volt tackle'. That's the special thing: two special moves that couldn't be combined before. Too bad it's not a Pichu because it could learn Nasty Plot.

But couldn't you just breed it?

xFRANKIEx

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2007
I'm not sure about the breeding thing, but you could clone it using the gts glitch?

PurityForest

Forest Trainer
Years
Yeah, PBR will have a Magmortar and Electivire without the need of FR/LG. This will help for the one who doesn't have LG/FR. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Yeah, I'm glad for this. Perhaps now we won't have as many people asking for Electrizer & Magmarizer in the trading area...

I'm curious as to how they'll tackle this, though. I mean, will you get both, and if so, can you get multiples for multiple games (like they did with the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk)?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
But couldn't you just breed it?

Yeah, but the baby won't have the special moves because they aren't egg moves (Volt tackle is, but it has other means to get it).

I'm curious as to how they'll tackle this, though. I mean, will you get both, and if so, can you get multiples for multiple games (like they did with the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk)?

There's probably a requisite, and once you do it, you'll be offered one (or both). If you want even more, you must do it again. it could be a 100 Trainer Battle thing, though.

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I just read that if you don't have access to LeafGreen or FireRed to get a Magby or Elekid in D/P, when you get PBR, you can get Magmortar and Electivire when you unlock the gold and silver cards in PBR.

Electivire

Level 50
Magnet
Move Set:
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Magmortar
Level 50
Charcoal
Move Set:
Flamethrower
Psychic
Hyper Beam
SolarBeam

What do you mean? "I just read that if you don't have access to LeafGreen or FireRed to get a Magby or Elekid in D/P, when you get PBR, you can get Magmortar and Electivire when you unlock the gold and silver cards in PBR." Whats the gold and silver card, and does it appear in the shop as a mystery gift? o.o

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
@darkempoleon: serebii says that they will clear everything up on battle revolution and dp tommorrow, hopefully the gold and silver cards will be one of them

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
ok, well serebii never said anything about the gold and silver cards, but i read some where taht at the moment they're jap exclusives at the moment, so taht means we must have to get a bonus disk or something

Back