• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Spriting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
I don't know if this is the right place to place it, but here is my tutorial anyway. Someone asked me to tudor them in making my fakemons, and I kinda' felt inspired and made this tutorial so more then one could learn.
I hope it doesn't violence some rule:
Spriting_Pokemon_Tutorial_by_i_carus.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well thanks for your contribution, I'm sure it'll be of assistance to members here.

-Adds to resource thread-

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
This is a great tutorial on hardcore fusions. I definitely recommend beginning spriters use this tutorial to improve their skills and eventually move onto doing scratch work. Nice job, Belzeebub.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
It's good to see Pixel artists contributing to the community ^^

This should prove very helpful to less experienced pixel artists who want to leave the boundaries of normal fusions.

Years
That was me who asked you to tutor me Belzeebub. That's awesome, I couldn't even tell that the Fakemon was made from Marshtomp Squirtle and Wooper. I'm gonna go try it soon. :P

Thank you!

Also where do you get your sprites from?

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Thank you all (again). Didn't know so many people would actually like it :S

And for Blazed (which I maybe should have included from the beginning) I get my sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000 which is a really great site!

Years
Thank you all (again). Didn't know so many people would actually like it :S

And for Blazed (which I maybe should have included from the beginning) I get my sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000 which is a really great site!

Do you use Microsoft Paint, because whenever I try to copy and paste the sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000, the background ends up turning black, and it takes much longer to actually make it white, because when you use the fill bucket tool, the outline kinda goes missing...

So do you take the time to get rid of the black background, or is there any easier way?

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Do you use Microsoft Paint, because whenever I try to copy and paste the sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000, the background ends up turning black, and it takes much longer to actually make it white, because when you use the fill bucket tool, the outline kinda goes missing...

So do you take the time to get rid of the black background, or is there any easier way?

I can't say I have that problem, when I copy it and paste it in MS Paint there is no black background. But you could allways try and use Print Screen and see if that works.

Blaziken_Boy: Haha sorry, dunno who that is.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
haha, lovin the tutorial man! it should be helpful to everyone around here, from newbs to pros who need assistance or need to be reminded.. maybe even inspiration? either way, its good to see a contribution like this.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Never thought it was that simple.

I'm an expert in paint to some people (on other forums) at differant things. So i'm gonna give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back