• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Golden Sky/Silver Ocean

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
Golden Sky/Silver Ocean

My Semi-Gold/Silver Remake

Story-Maintains the original about as much as FR/LG did to the originals of them. Some minor changes will be noticeable and not as many Pokémon will be as readily available but its should still have a similar feeling. Kanto will NOT be included (I dont understand why it was in the original).

Hack of: Emerald

Features:
-New Animations for Johto Pokemon
-Full Johto map
-Updated Move sets (<3rd gen moves that were added to pokes in 4th gen, + a few from events)
-Legendary Beasts, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi will be catchable..
-Dex consists of 200 pokemon.. All Johto, many Kanto, and a few Hoenn..
-Updated Gym Leaders (they're going to be harder, and you can battle them more than once aswell)
-One new town (???)
-a secret or 2..

Screenshots:
gsso1ht0.png
gsso2rf9.png

gsso3we2.png
gsso4mc6.png

Here's a small preview video aswell.. is only a small vid of me walking from the second town to the first.. Video

Now, currently, I dont have alot done.. I started this about 6 months ago but when Shiny Gold got going I wanted to see how it would go and it turned out to be freakin awesome.. I slowed down a bit on this.. a couple weeks back when he said he might quit it, I did a few more maps and got inspired to continue..

Right now, I'll be moving at turtle speed because most of the questions when I started the hack were in the discussion boards that are temporarily gone, but I'm gonna continue working away at a comfortable pace..

COMPLETION:
Towns: 80% (about 3-4 left to go)
Routes & Caves: 5% (only one or two done)
Battles: ??% (Trainer and wild locations, 70% planned out in writing, 10% inputting)
Sprites: 10% (Many trainers are finished, still need to start the pokes)
Scripts: 20% (Of the ones I'm doing, Another 50% will be just slightly modified stuff)
Title Screen: 50% (need tutorial back to learn how to insert it)

Hoping for the finish date to be around March.

DON'T ASK FOR A BETA. If I make one it will be when I'm ready to. I don't want a beta tester. I don't need help right now. I may be looking for help if the tutorial section doesn't get back up, but they are things that are secret stuff for now.

I'll be making another video as soon as I connect the next routes to Cheerygrove and Violet city. Should be done by the end of the week. Probably have some more screenshots soon as well.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Another one...cool! Hope you have fun with this. I know zel would be happy to see another GS remake in town. You got my support, have fun.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Woohoo! More Gold Remakes! Keep'em coming!

Too bad Kanto's not in, but I hope you pull out some new stuff in its place. Emerald's G/S Remakes are better in my opinion, but basically all you need is "Patience", that's key for the sucess of a G/S Remake.

I wish you luck, Gold Remaker! (Ah... I feel good when I say those words :))

x24

Years
thanks for the comments everyone..

(I wrote this once already at work and our net died so I'm alittle frustrated writing it again but who cares, I'll do it again)

to clear everything up..

BETA: I don't have one, don't ask, but there will be a demo out for X-MAS..

KANTO: As I stated in (almost) my first sentence, I don't know why they included it in GSC to begin with.. not much story takes place there (the gyms and the power plant scenario, thats about it). Thing is, if I take it out.. I'm losing about 20 hours worth of game play (at most, depending on the age of the player).. so I'm adding ONE additional town thats gonna replace the battle frontier.. its gonna be reachable by the train from Goldenrod.. there, will be a contest tent, a move tutor, some hard battles against some secret trainers, a few NPCs for trading, some shops, maybe a safari zone, another place to cash in gamecoins and a few other little secret things I'll bring up in a couple months..

The other little point I should make is that this time around the game is not going to be as easy.. expect my hack to feature an elite 4 with Pokemon as high as level 75 and better teams.

I want my hack to have an old feel but with a new experience.. new challenges and new 'opprotunities'.

About the Sentret screenshot: I dont know why I took the shot originally but when I first took it I wanted to show that it truly was an emerald hack so I used Sentret's second frame.. but duh.. saphire is wearing the emerald clothes.. just a dumb moment for me.. the reason why its cut is the moment I snapped the picture was between the two mevements of the enemy health bar (its in two pieces and they move side by side.. but too fast to tell on the gba)..

thanks again for the comments.. after I posted the thread this mourning I started working on some more sprites.. I'll show what I've done this weekend when I release a new preview video.. it'll show alot more.. I really like how they turned out so I want to just post them now, but I'll wait.. on the weekend I'll reveal a new video and I'll say how much will probably be in the demo..

(note to self.. talk less..:()

zak

xpert trainer
Years

Well what can i say? nice maps n stuff , youre gona have alot of competiton with a gold remake tho, especialy with zel's shiny gold , but dont lose hope , Keep up the work n good luk ,

x24

Years
I'm not really trying to compete zak..

been really busy, had to work some overtime this weekend so I didn't get the graphics inserted that I had planned but I still made another preview video for ya..

hes a tour of a few of the finished towns with the help of a Skarmory..

Enjoy!

Video

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, the video was ok. I hope you find some time in your schedule to dedicate to the compet... I mean, to your hack...

Good luck with it, specially when scripting! Keep on it, promise? ;)

x24

Years
I promise Zel.. and I'm not competing..lol I started the hack back around march when I was running a Pokémon Art forum.. you just inspired me to continue with it.. players will experience alot of differences between the two, I'm just going to give them a choice.

As I said.. I just got really busy..
Im 23 and Im a manager at a toy store for the Christmas season (you can imagine how crazy that could get at times). Anyways, besides the fact I have a busy life, a few of my sprites (including my own front and back, in battle, views of Crystal/Marina) accidentally got deleted.. and it was something I was going to show off yesterday.. so I have to restart them.. Im hoping to have them redone by the next preview..

Years
hey, nice hack, but what do you mean by the pokemon sprites need to be done?? I mean, thyre allrite as they are in emerald, but if ur gonna revamp them.... Ask me, i do nice revamps, but since i'm in the library, i cant realli show them 2 u...
Also, Are you gonna get rid of all the Hoenn Pokemon? I wanna see a GBA game without ANY hoenn pokemon AT ALL!

x24

Years
Im revamping crystal animations.. I enjoy doing them and am probably going to do them alone.. thanks anyways.. you probably don't know me so just know that it's something I can handle alone.. as far as Hoenn Pokémon are concerned.. there's only gonna be a select few.. I think around 10 (just a guess, Im not gonna whip out the list to count them up right now).. and Azurill and Wynaut are two of them.. they are mostly filler for the needed 200 spots..

x24

Years
you want me to replace the gym that has sliding floors to one where the floor breaks???? why? It probably wont happen, sorry..

EDIT: sorry for the lack of updates but theres some good stuff on the way.. hope to have a video up by this time next week.. gonna have some battle scenes ion the new one so you can see what Ive been working on..

also, I created a companion site to go with the hack.. you can check it out in my sig if you like.. theres not going to be alot to it but it will be updated with every detail that I've been working on.. you'll also find a forum where I may release some info early..

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Nice so far bud, keep it up. I really would like to see this completed and more of it. But like it or not, you're in competition. I'm not trying to be mean or anything so please don't take it the wrong way. See, I'm smiling.->:)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Many days without news... Probably you're too busy, but at least it would be better to come and say so, since Christmas is coming and I suppose you're gonna have a bunch of work (unless you're preparing a huge update, hmmm...)

Well, I once again wish you luck, I hope you return soon with more info (or at least to say "hi"). I dislike when G/S Remakes end up being thrown away. I'm crossing all my fingers since I don't want this one to be one of those...

x24

Years
ive been extremely busy.. my store has sold about 4x more this week than the previous ones and I dont get much free time... also have family over because of a busy schedule right thru xmas..

I haven't given up but I don't have the energy to currently continue.. I want to take it at a pace I can handle and with the tools/tutorials sections still down, its making it really difficult to practice on the stuff I'm not as familiar with..

For now, im pausing my project.. but expect some new screens and some battle previews for the new year..

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Oh really? If you need help with anything, I'll be happy to assist. I'm not that good with scripting at the moment, but anything else I'll help you with. Just PM me or add me on msn buddy.

Back