• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- Pok?mon Professors of Pokemon Community -

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
- Pok?mon Professors of Pokemon Community -

Hello and welcome to the Pokemon Professor Thread. Here in this thread we are looking for Pokemon Professors. Someone who has Most General Knowledge of Pokemon. Please see the List of Professions if you would like to Join. Your Research will Be Appreciated :).

Pokemon Professions

-Pokemon Video Games-
Battle Techniques
Pokemon Contests
Berries, and Berry Blending
Battle Strategists
Breeding
Natures, and Effects of Pokemon

-Pokemon History-
History of the Pokemon World
Ancient Times of Pokemon
Pokemon World Map
History of the Pokemon World II

-Pokemon Anime-
Anything

-Pokemon Manga-
Anything

Thank you :)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
No Respostas? (Replies)

Okay then I'll make my first Discovery

April 23 2004--

The History of the Pokemon World

A New Nation has been discovered in contrast the the other 7. It is named Litratos. It's located at the End of the World - Farther past Kanto. By The way. If you watch the Anime Carefully and watch which direction Ash/Satoshi comes from, we might be able to tell which way Kanto/Johto is, instead of taking guess. Same thing in the Game, The Hero moved from Johto but we don't know which way Johto is.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
Years
I shall be da Anime Prof

-Anime-
The Pokemon Anime started back two years or so after the release of Red and Blue. It all started out with Ash Ketchum starting out on his journey to be a Pokemon Master. He then meets two friends, Misty and Brock. They traveled Kanto to the Indigo League. The next season Ash and Misty split up with Brock (due to a girl!) and accompinied by Tracey. Tracey, Misty, and Ash search the Orange Islands to win Badges. Ash wins the Orange League! On the way to Johto, they meet up with Brock again and Tracey bids farewell to become Prof. Oak's assistant. In Johto Ash, Misty and Brock travel through, finding new Pokemon and Winning badges. Ash finds himself in the Whirl Islands also. Ash in the end battles in the Silve Confrence. On his way home, Ash is left by his two friends.... Ash returns home sad, but he leaves again to Hoenn with only one Pokemon. Ash meets Professor Birch and May. They travel togehter all the way to Petalburg City when they are joined by Max, Mays little brother. They also find Brock. Togehter they will travel Hoenn looking for adventure

(Sucks I know..)

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
I think Natures, and Effects of Pokemon might suit me.
What about drawing?

Berry Blending...Ha! I know the formula of producing sweets, Aucy told me. That's a handy calculation so you always know what will come out when you put these and those. Unfortunately...its the secret of my Alliance...but you can go to www.aucy.com/pokemon , click 糖果 (meaning sweets). There is an automatic machine to calculate what comes out. Select the berry you want, the stats changes automatically! (English, Japanese, Cantonese are all available in this machine)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I'll do pokemon world map----\
----------
So far to there 6 known area's in the world of pokemon
to the south is hoenn, to the north is johto and to the west is kanto.
In the far east is the land of orre which contains more pokemon from the johto area then any other little is known of this land only that is holds many untold legend's.
Litratos is in the east past the land of orre it is one of the newsest discovered lands.
And to the north even farther then johto is amila a small land only half the size of kanto, it was thought to be the greatest land in the world long ago but a battle had ruined the land.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
----------

I have discovered a anciet panel that has some more information on the history of our world(this is a poem that the creator gave a few month ago)
Fire burn bright in the north
East is home of our greatest thinkers
The south has our very soul
The west contains memories of our very past

When they all shine together a creation will apperar
my creation
my soul will burn briter then ever before
then you all all understand.

there you have it.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
I'll be breeding.

BREEDING

Controlled Pokemon breeding is a bit new, but still fasinating. The first recorded Pokemon breeding was documented shortly after the Johto league was established. The daycare couple decided to expand their business and take care of two Pokemon per trainer instead of just one. One day, the daycare lady (who shall remain anonymous) went out to feed two Pokemon owned by the same trainer in her care... to her surprise, there was an egg! The parents were a Togetic pair. This was exciting for a Pokemon's birth has never been witnessed. And to researchers' further surprise, the egg hatched into a never before seen Togepi, later discovered to be Togetic's infant form.

Since then, countless tests have been done concerning Pokemon reproduction. Here are the facts:

-the baby will be the same species as the mother, and the lowest evolution form (that is, if you breed a female Hypno with a male Machoke, the baby will be a Drowzee.

-if the father knows a TM/HM technique and the baby can learn it too, the baby will be born with it. There are also special "egg moves" inherited only by the father, like a baby Growlithe being born with its Houndoom father's Crunch technique. And if the parenst both know a move the bab will learn leveling up, the baby will be born with that too (like two Golbat with Wing Attack will produce a baby Zubat born with Wing Attack).

-Pokemon have breeding groups which determine compatibility. Umbreon's is Field only while Spinarak's is Bug only, so they are not compatible. But Cyndaquil is also in the Field group, so it can breed with Umbreon. The known groups are: Field, Amorpheus, Humanshape, Bug, Plant, Water (several of these), Flying, Dragon, Monster, and Can't Breed. Some Pokemon can be in two breeding groups, like Chikorita who is in both Plant and Monster. Field is also known as Ground, and Amorpheous can be Indeterminate.

-Pokemon who cannot breed at all are all legendaries (like Mewtwo, Raikou, and Latias), babies (like Cleffa, Pichu, and Azurill), Unown, Nidorina and Nidoqueen. There may be a few others I left out...

-Ditto is the universal breeder; it can reproduce with anything that can breed. Breeding is the only way to get male-only Pokemon like Tyrogue, and genderless Pokemon like Staryu, at a low level.

-If a Pokemon is a male-female pair (like the Nidoran), the chances of a male being hatched from the egg is very slim. But it can happen; I've hatched a Tauros from a Miltank before.

-A Pokemon egg obviously needs to be kept warm and safe. But it has been discovered that an egg in the company of a traveling trainer has a much faster growth rate. This may be because the developing embryo is influenced by the energy waves of the surrounding Pokemon's attacks, and that the Pokemon inside the egg gets excited and wants to be born sooner.

-The origin of the male-only Pokemon, the Hitmon, is still a mystery. They are the only male-only Pokemon who lack female counterparts.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
:) Cool Glad to have you on our Team Professor Iveechan. That's quite story you typed for us. Make some discoveries for us, Ms. Iveechan :)

lighterhead2001

Fujiwara-kun unofficially!
Years
ok my studies show that if you try to look in the skies of the anime you will see usually a charizard head and at other times wobbufet..and also i have concluded that there are 26 fifferent types of uknown...(akready known hehe)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
It was discovered the other day that no matter what, when you pick up a Pichu egg at the daycare center, it is at the second stage to developement (that is, when it begins movement inside). This may be just me, I'd like to know if this phenomenon happens to other breeders. This may have to do with Pichu's hyperative nature, or maybe the parents give the vulnerable egg an extra "charge" for protection.

Also, forgot to note, when you breed Pokemon of different species, it takes longer for them to produce an egg than if they were the same. Maybe this has to do with the pair trying to figure out how to mate (like an Arbok with a Torchic o__O)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
---------NEw entry
Hmm....it seems that in the past before the great war with ho-oh that the land of hoenn and orre were conected at some point and that they might have shared NEW types of pokemon we do not know about. I have to a conclusion that hoenn and johto pokemon eveolved from a line of pokemon from the anciet land of Ella.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Cool Discoveries. Hey Everyone, You Might want to put "Pokemon Professor" Either as your User Title, or in your Signature, so that people know you are a Pokemon Professor, I might even add it as a new categorie in the May MOTM.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Aw...am I actually disqualified though?

What am I best at? hm...arguing with Carole Boston Weatherford :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'd ike to be a prof. but I can't think of what kind to be...maybe something to do with battling in the GB games.

Pok?monTrainerKinkoBlast

Pok?mon Tracker Developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2005
Once Pok?Track is done, i can help out with compiling discoverys into a "Pok?mon Encyclopidia". Anyone who wants to work on that, can, just try to make it pritty easy to reformat into a webpage(USE CSS!)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Pokemon are very versatile indeed! When in a controlled environment, they immediately release the necessary pheramones to stimulate the need to breed. The female will expel an egg-like structure and the male will fertilize it when layed. This "egg" is supercharged with genes and will develop more than twice as fast than a normal egg (elaboration later), and, as previously mentioned, will develop even faster when in range of battling Pokemon.

It seems that the result will be a very tough creature who excels at battles or contests (whatever it was bred for), but if ever released back into the wild, this Pokemon will most likely die. That it because it was never cared for by its Pokemon parents in most cases, and lacked the proper nutrients for basic survival. However, Pokemon that were bred in captivity get along much better than humans and perform better in battles much easier than wild-caught.

A Pokemon born and raised in the wild lives its life much like our regular animals. Depending on the species, the female could birth a whole litter, lay a clutch of eggs, or have a single young. The embryo/fetus will develop at a slower, more normal rate. They are still stronger than a regular animal of course, being a Pokemon. Having experienced life in the wild and in contact with its own kind, a wild-caught Pokemon is much harder to train overall and its defenses tend to be undeterminate (living in a wild environment will produce Pokemon adapted to different lifestyles, so a field Sandshrew would be less vulnerable to grass and water than a desert one).

It is unknown how Pokemon force themselves to breed so quickly in captivity, or why certain ones just refuse to (like legendaries and Nidorina/queen). I'll look into that later :D.

*boy, this is fun*

Back