• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Ok i am making a game called Pokemon Dark, here is the scoop.

You start out like the regular pokemon games, Professor Oak on the screen blabbing of about pokemon and their place in the world, then says that he found a wild pokemon, and wants you to have it (you do not get to pick your starter, and I will not mention who you get until this thread becomes more popular). Then he tells you that he wants you to go to his lab and talk to him. While you are there, he tells you about the "Dark" pokemon that are inhabiting the region (name of region pending), and that he wants you to capture them so he can study them. After that he sends you on your adventure to capture the Dark pokemon.

Later in the story, he makes a purification machine that purifies the Dark pokemon so you can keep them for battle.

Here are a few screens:

Here is the beginning town...
1.jpg

Here is part of route 1...
2.jpg

Here is the title screen (which will be changed, as all of these legendaries will not be used, probably just 1 or 2 of them, and maybe even 3)...
3.jpg

Here is the beginning intro...
4.jpg

Here is the name input system...
5.jpg

Here is you standing in front of your house:)...
6.jpg

Beginning of battle...
7.jpg

Make a choice, already...
8.jpg

Both criticism and encouragement are GREATLY appreciated!

Current Team:
1. Me - major coordinator/mapper
2. AzuraBR - scripting
3. WHALESDUDE - mapping

Plenty more spots available for whoever wants to help

UPDATE: Here are a few additions I WILL be making to the game...

1. At least a remake of the hoen region, but with all 3 generations of pkmn
2. A battle tower like thing, start posting trainer requests for not only that, but regular trainers, gym leaders, etc.

Suggestions are gladly accepted...

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Those trees on Route 1 look kindda repetitive...

The story is good, but it could be more elaborated, I guess.
Anyway, I can help if you need something =)

~Azura.

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
This game looks really good, except on some of the screenies on the trees theres light on top and dark on bottom.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
yeah thats cause he has them on upper layer , am i right??

anyway, storyline looks ok, secrenies are good!!

is all pokemon gonna be catchable or only a handful ,like in colloseum and XD

anyway keep it up!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
The new pokemon look pretty cool! The mapping needs a bit of work, its way too plain... Good luck with the project. =)

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
The map needs more detail and excitement. Hopefully this will be added.
Not much for originality, except for the custom pokemon. Which look pretty smooth.
Overall it's not superb, but it definately has potential.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Okay, I'm back...

@ Azura: ya, i noticed. Plus, the story was typed right in front of me, came right off the top of my head, that wont be all of the beginning. Last, I can use help from anyone, from tilesets to battle animations, and soon, to beta testers. BTW first beta test will be HOPEFULLY when i get a better cbs goin and the first few towns are made.

@ Barboach: ya, its on upper layer.

@ Dark Doom: yes, upper layer... thank you very much for the comments! All pokemon will be catchable, and I may have it where, in a way, might be able to "snag" Dark pokemon from trainers.

@ NeoDestiny: Thanks, but they aren't mine, all credit for those sprites goes to MysticLugia. Also, I know the maps are plain, they were made in about 15-20 mins. Last thanks for the luck.

@ EarthsVisitor: I know, and once again, the maps were made in about 15-20 mins, and also, once again, they aren't my sprites, they are MysticLugia's.

Thanks again guys for the comments, I will come again with updates soon.

EDIT: All trainers (or at least all gym leaders) will have personal trainer cards that they give you, thanks to the Automatic Card Maker, so you can re-battle them for extra experience or just for fun. Along with a pokenav and cell phone. Also, I might think of possible 2-on-2 battles, or even a new 4-on-4 battle to implement into my game. Last, I might make it where you can have more than 6 pokemon, like Pokemon Twilight.

Alright, really the last thing...

I need people to do things for me, a lot of it being coding. Message me if you are interested.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
If you need resources I'm in the mood for ripping =)

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Ya I can use whatever resources you can get me, but atm I really need some battle animations, and tilesets for...

1. PKMN Center
2. Poke Mart
3. Gyms and Caves

SyrupMaker

I make Syrup, Want some?
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2006
This looks so awsome!! I hope you finish this project!! But don't rush it :)

T.R.S.M

Expert Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2009
would you like a new female/male trainer /rival/regular trainer.
i can make , trainer overworlds and many more.
here is an idea for a female rival with different clothes for different encounters
(in attachment)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
View attachment 33004

Ripped by me from FireRed
No credit, thanks.

I have a complete Gym rip, but it isn't mine and hate using other peoples rips.

Be nice (otherwise Santa kills you),

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
no new screens as of yet, I'm confirming things right now with whalesdude, screens maybe early tomorrow or later today, I have a pretty busy schedule, but working on it as much as possible.

@ Azura: thx, I'll definetly use those.

@ everyone else: thnks for the comments

EDIT: I'm taking requests for Gym Leaders and trainers and the Elite Four and whatever kind of trainer there is, the only requirement is that you MUST include...

1. Trainer name
2. Pokemon
3. Beginning of battle message
4. Win message, because the message will just be __ is out of useable pkmn, and __ blacked/whited/whatever out for a lose message...
5. YOUR OWN SPRITE AND OVERWORLDS!!!

The only spots that are currently taken is, well... me, as the last gym leader, and whatever spot WHALESDUDE and AzuraBR and theotherfreakyguy...

That reminds me, yes theotherfreakyguy, I could use someone to make me overworlds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back