• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Idol Finale

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
Years
Its down to Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee. Who will win?

I personally want Taylor Hicks because its been a long time anyone has represented Alabama in anything. SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL!

Years
PLease post your threads in the right section. This is about a TV show, so it goes in Other Entertainment.
*moved*

To be honest, I don't watch the show much, so I don't know much about McPhee. @@; I like Hicks though. XD;

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Personally, I really think Taylor Hicks (SOUL PATROL! XD) is going to win. He just seems to win the popularity vote, even though many people do admire Katharine--for reasons beyond her beautiful voice, lol. ^_^; I love both of them; and, either way, as was said, they are both going to be successful because they do indeed have the potential.

It's funny, too, because I was watching Paula Abdul present her jewelry in Hollywood on the QVC channel last night and towards the end she asked the audience who they wanted to win. Katharine got an okay applause, but Taylor's was significantly louder... O_o *shrugs* We'll have to see tomorrow night for the results, I guess!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Katherine has very little vocal talent, in my honest opinion. Taylor has more than Katherine, but he's not good enough to be in the final two. The two that should be in the top two got voted out the past two weeks (Chris and Elliott). Katherine's gotten this far because of her looks, and Taylor's gotten this far because he makes an idiot of himself on the stage.

Personally, between the two of them, though, I think Taylor should win.

Years
Im ashamed that America voted for Taylor Hicks to be in the top 2. In my personal opinion it should have been Chris and Kathrine.

As for the winner, since it's not the two I want, I have to go with who I thought should be in the top 2 with Chris, Kathrine. She is more American Idol standards so to say.

Drifblim

Banned
Years
Well, chaps, Hicks won.

I'm glad, as I was concerned that it was going to turn into a stint of female winners that would sound all like Kelly Clarkson. And it's nice to see someone in the business that can easily pass a George Clooney.

Persona

Banned
Years
DSSBobby said:
Im ashamed that America voted for Taylor Hicks to be in the top 2. In my personal opinion it should have been Chris and Kathrine.

As for the winner, since it's not the two I want, I have to go with who I thought should be in the top 2 with Chris, Kathrine. She is more American Idol standards so to say.

Indeed. I thought Chris was going to make it, even my parents thought that. Taylor seemed weird to me. He doesn't look under 28 at all. O.o

I didn't like his voice all that much.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
My mom and I also thought that he looked a lot like George Clooney. XD I never caught his age, but, erm... He's really not under 28, right? I was thinking 40-something with the grey hair.

Anyway, at first I thought that he was sort of annoying with all of the dancing that he did on stage, but I do like him a lot more now because he does seem to be a very nice person. I just prefer it when he sings less-upbeat songs, lol.

I still think that either Chris or another guy whose name I can't remember should have won, but ah well. I'll just be happy for Taylor now!

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Kayleigh said:
My mom and I also thought that he looked a lot like George Clooney. XD I never caught his age, but, erm... He's really not under 28, right? I was thinking 40-something with the grey hair.

Anyway, at first I thought that he was sort of annoying with all of the dancing that he did on stage, but I do like him a lot more now because he does seem to be a very nice person. I just prefer it when he sings less-upbeat songs, lol.

I still think that either Chris or another guy whose name I can't remember should have won, but ah well. I'll just be happy for Taylor now!

Okay, first of all: Huzzah for Hicks!

ANYWAY...XD Well, I think Taylor had every right to win. He was consistently good for every performance he gave; and, like the judges said, he could take any song and make it his own. Give or take a few spazzy moves. OKAY, he was spazzy everytime...lol. But I think that's what really helped him work his way upward because he had a gimmick. "SOUL PATROL!" However, I do agree with ya, Kayleigh...lol. He was a tad annoying at first and I actually didn't think he was going to make it this far. And he's like, 29...O_o They showed kids in Alabama with their hair dyed gray, lol. XD He just grew on me after a while, I guess!

Either way, I don't think any of us should feel bad for Katharine because she's going to be successful without the title. She's got the whole package. But...did anyone else think she was slightly...erm, odd at times? ^_^;

One last note--the finale was AMAZING. It was probably one of the best finales I've ever seen...for anything! Lots of great entertainment and humor. It kind of frightened me, though, when Ryan Seacrest said they get more votes than the president of the United States does during an election...@_< Wowwwwwww, that kinda shows the media rules America...lol.

Lord Mike

Years
Go Alabama! SOUL PATROL! Kudos to Taylor Hicks!

He deserved to win ever since Chris Daoughtry was knocked out in the final four. Then again, Chris Daughtry has his future set anyway. Many bands have ask him to be the lead singer.

That's the thing about American Idol. It gives you a chance to advertise yourself.

Though the problem about America voting is the fact that they can vote for anyone for whatever reason they want. So in some ways its a popularity contest.

I couldn't believe it when they said the 63 million votes was more than president has received. That's just sad.

Last edited:
Years
I personally wanted Taylor to win since the beginning of the season. Katherine, IMO, had no talent who-so-ever. So what if she's pretty? >_>; She can't control her pitching at all. From my point of view, she just sings in a very deep kind of tone. And that's it.

But I did regret Chris getting knocked out. He had so much talent. ;o; He could sing rock, country, soul, and even heavy metal. @_@ If I had to choose who would be in the top two, I would've voted for Chris and Taylor. But since Taylor won, I guess it's all good. ^^

I even heard from a celebrity news paper that American Idol was rigged so that Chris would get knocked out. But it's just a rumour. >>; It's hard to believe Katherine even made it in the top two. I even liked Elliott more than her. o_o And I agree, American Idol is a popularity contest. Paris had such talent for only being 16-years old, yet she got knocked. So did Chris and Elliott. If you think about it, it's mostly about popularity, who does what on the stage, and looks.

Has anyone else noticed yet how much Taylor sounds like his dad? They sound identical, seriously. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I didn't know who I wanted to win though. But me and my cousins picked Taylor Hiccks because we felt sorry for him. Yes the gray and white hair was the cause. At 1st I didn't beileve his age.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Lord Mike

Years
Taylor Hicks is 29.

Paris is 17.

Chris already has a future. Like Sayuri no Hoshi said, these people are going to be successful without the title. Chris will probably get his album out before anyone else.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
Years
I think Katharine should've won, but I am glad Taylor did win.

Katharine is an excellent singer, I don't know why some of you are putting her down.

But if it were my decision, I would've pick Mandisa, Chris, and Kat for the top three.

Lord Mike

Years
I think Chris and Taylor should've faced off. It would be much more of a competition.

Katharine isn't bad, but she's not a Kelly Clarkson either. Her best song by far was "Over the Rainbow" because there was like no arrangement in the background. You got to hear only her voice.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I was pissed that Kat didn't win, and for those who say that she has little vocal talent you must be stupid because you have to have A LOT of vocal talent just for the judges to pick you to be in the top 24.

But I am mad that Taylor won, but it is OK because I know that Kat will come out with a record because the runner ups always do. I mean 60 million votes came in for them so there has got to be a considerable amount of fans for her.

chaotic_umbreon

umbreon is da best eeveelution
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
i hope taylor wins, cuz he is alot better then katherine... but that's just me............

Back