• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Winning HotY 2006, Pokémon Liquid Ocean became one of the most popular hacks of this community. Perfect mapping, stunning story, new challenges, all of that was created by Christos. Now, Matt NG joined as a co-worker and helps to make this hack even better. Now something from history. Originally, Liquid Ocean was hack of Emerald but dueto glitches the hack development was restarted and codebase was changed to BPRE.

April 29th - Restart
August 7th - Pre-alpha

Technical Data
Based on the stable engine of Pokémon FireRed - BPRE, Pokémon Liquid Ocean will offer the ultimate game experience for everyone. The game code will be changed respectively to the new name.

Hack Features
Pokémon Liquid Ocean will include following features, which may change during the development of the hack.

New Region
Beautiful region of Soala will offer a new view to the Pokémon world. Blooming with flowers and trees everywhere, Soala will offer very realistic look into the game.

62yzpfd.png

Radio System
You will find some radios in some places. There you will be able to experience radio-based contests (Remember Buena's Password?), which may be tried only once per radio. There will be a radio in player's room and it will be the only one to change a radio station. You will hear some well-known ones from G/S/C and some completely new ones. Summarising, you will hear 5 different radio stations.

liquid.png

New indoor designs of Pokémon Centre and Pokémon Mart
The Pokémon Centre will be redesigned to cleaner, white style and Pokémon Mart will be orange styled.

New scripts, new story, new quests
As the scripting is very important part of the hack, it will be the tool to change the quests and storyline. You may look forward to new, exciting challenges, new faces in Gyms and whole new Elite Four.

New colours
We will see very nice palette of colours already included in early stages of pre-restart era.

Old.png
5-1.png

Nice tunes to hear
Yup, you will hear exotic D/P music in some places. Combining with right atmosphere, you will get perfect experience. But there is still possibility to hear completely new music.

The Story
You first start at your hometown in Enzo, Legian town where you and your neighbour, May go to the route near the town. There you find a bag in the wild grass, you go closer and wild Pokémon run to attack you. The bag contains two Pokéballs, May and the hero quickly take a Pokéball and start fighting. Then after the battle, Daisy Oak, who now lives at a small house in Enzo to discover the region's Pokémon species, finds you and Cindy and takes you to the lab. She lets you both keep the Pokémon you chose before and your quest begins.

Screenshots
The most appreciated part of this thread is here. Current screenshots are from the post-restart era. So…

1-1.png
2-1.png
3-1.png

4-1.png
5-1.png
6-1.png

7-1.png
8-1.png
9-1.png

10-1.png
11-1.png
12-1.png

Staff Members
  • [*]Christos Mapping, Scripting
    [*]Matt NG Mapping, Spriting
    [*]Acendo Mapping, Graphics, Website
Credits
$_$ - Hero/Heroine overworlds
TreeckoLv.100 - Grass gym leader sprite
Fangking Omega - Nelt City tileset
Cronos - Graphics
SHN - Sprites

Release Centre
So, now it time to try alphas! Okay, Pre-alpha and alpha. Both are from pre-restart era so they are for Emerald codebase.
New pre-alpha was released on August 7th. Patch of Fire Red.

Attachments

• Pre-alpha.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 6,959
Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
...o_o This seems far more suitable for ROM hacking, so I'm going to move it there.

(Note: Jeremy, if I moved it into the wrong forum there, just move it again. XD)

pokerocks

Nintendo Goo...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
It's good but it's not great. When I see more screenies, I will give you what I think.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Well you seem to know how to modify roms and that, i on the other hand can only make the graphics like pokemon sprites, etc.

matlee

<<<<<<<<<Am i Jeremy yet?????
Years
if you need any help with spriting you can give me pm or add me on msn
if you want i could give you a manaphaii sprite
He's SOO KAWAII

PS i also do overworlds main characters are hard so if im hired can i not do the main characters overworlds

P.S.P.S<<<<LOL
Sweetie

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
matlee:What's your msn address?
Kakashi Hatake:To change maps you can go to RomHacking and then to Tools Showcase download AdvanceMap 1.80,Elite Map....

Here's Route 103 (Secret Valley):
View attachment 30939
It's somehow small.
Click on it to enlarge it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
Im new to the whole hacking business. what you have is good. i can make sprites if you want me to make you some just PM me with a list and description.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Chronix:Can you do overworld sprites?
If it's not hard for you can you do a battle Sprite for a Team Tornado Grunt with white and light purple clothes.Do it however you like but make sure it looks like he is a flying pokemon trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back