• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed Distorted [COMPLETE] [HORROR HACK ROM]

Years
-Cover

4epyB4g.jpg

An italian hack rom!

-Info
Creator: Wyschydog;
Game duration: 2 Hours;
Language: Italian originally but translated into English;
Rom base: Pokémon FireRed ITALIAN;

-Novelty
-There is only one life in the game (so if you lose in battle you won't be able to continue the adventure);
-Pokémon sprites are creepy;
-New scripts;
-New maps;
-New tiles;
- More than different plot;
-New characters;
-And more...

-Plot
Red, the protagonist of Pokémon FireRed, lives his life quietly. One day he discovers that the Pokémon world is not what he thought it was: its very existence is illusory and imposed by someone above.

-Pics
lnEZ4vj.png

-Download (.IPS FILE)

The base rom of the game is Italian, the game may not work if you patch on an English version of "Pokémon FireRed". Download the Italian version of the game and apply the patch to the rom base:"Pokémon : Versione Rosso Fuoco [Italy] DOWNLOAD"

The link for the patch to use on Pokémon rosso fuoco(Pokémon fire red in italian)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yfw738nkgbpce93/Pok%25C3%25A9mon_FireRed_Distorted_for_rosso_fuoco.ips/file

-Credits
80C(Help in different sprite, minisprite, mapping and plot);
IvanFGK(help minisprite, sprite e artwork);
Nishi7( logo);
Erikaa(sprite);
eMMe97(sprite);
Ledypion(creation Tile e sprite);
Zeus spriter(sprite);
Giovanni99021(sprite);
Nick Mirk(sprite)

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I cant give this hack a rating due to having been unable to finish it. The main reason is that, while I get it's translated from Italian to English, it doesnt feel translated enough. I couldnt really navigate menus because of it. So if this hack continues to receive updates, it would be nice to have someone come on to do more translations overall.

Years
I cant give this hack a rating due to having been unable to finish it. The main reason is that, while I get it's translated from Italian to English, it doesnt feel translated enough. I couldnt really navigate menus because of it. So if this hack continues to receive updates, it would be nice to have someone come on to do more translations overall.

Screenshot_20230216_135700_com.fastemulator.gbafree.jpg

I'm really sorry you can't play it because it's not fully translated. I tried to translate everything: moves, menus, all the dialogues and almost everything else. I'm surprised it's not translated enough. The menu as in the photo I sent is translated. Can you tell me which menu are you talking about? Please, I'm curious. If you talk about the one on the game instructions that comes out with the "L or R" keys I didn't translate it, I didn't consider it important for the gameplay.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I'm really sorry you can't play it because it's not fully translated. I tried to translate everything: moves, menus, all the dialogues and almost everything else. I'm surprised it's not translated enough. The menu as in the photo I sent is translated. Can you tell me which menu are you talking about? Please, I'm curious. If you talk about the one on the game instructions that comes out with the "L or R" keys I didn't translate it, I didn't consider it important for the gameplay.
For me, it was the Options Menu. Alot of the spaces were blank. I didnt know if things had been changed around or not. I suppose my confusion to the menus can be chalked up to more 'It's called Pokemon Distortion for a reason'. XD

Years
For me, it was the Options Menu. Alot of the spaces were blank. I didnt know if things had been changed around or not. I suppose my confusion to the menus can be chalked up to more 'It's called Pokemon Distortion for a reason'. XD

The options menu is like this also in the Italian version. 😂 Yes, I did it on purpose to make the game "strange" 🙃!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
The options menu is like this also in the Italian version. 😂 Yes, I did it on purpose to make the game "strange" 🙃!
Well, I did get as far as getting the GBC form, but then stopped cause I just wasnt feeling it. Might try it again this weekend.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2023
Having an issue where it freezes during the into portion where the last line says "you can't choose something", then no matter what buttons I press, nothing happens.

Years
Having an issue where it freezes during the into portion where the last line says "you can't choose something", then no matter what buttons I press, nothing happens.

This is strange! Maybe you need to change the emulator, it can't handle the game or you used the patch wrong. Let me know!!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
OK, so I powered through the game a few days ago and took the time to process everything that happened. I really only have two lingering questions-

1: What was the purpose of having the strip of land behind the church that the guy blocked me on, saying I could only go through once baptized?
2- What was the deal with that room of houses where an eyeless Gary would block a door?

Years
OK, so I powered through the game a few days ago and took the time to process everything that happened. I really only have two lingering questions-

1: What was the purpose of having the strip of land behind the church that the guy blocked me on, saying I could only go through once baptized?
2- What was the deal with that room of houses where an eyeless Gary would block a door?

In reality they are only dialogues, other than that there is nothing else. You'll never take ship and that house takes you nowhere. But did you like the ending?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
In reality they are only dialogues, other than that there is nothing else. You'll never take ship and that house takes you nowhere. But did you like the ending?

I mean....it certainly was an ending. Kinda did explain everything. But otherwise, the hack was kinda...meh overall. Not bad, but not something I'd want to replay.

Years
I mean....it certainly was an ending. Kinda did explain everything. But otherwise, the hack was kinda...meh overall. Not bad, but not something I'd want to replay.

If you can play the same game twice, it means you have a lot of free time. Usually a hack is only played once... 😂But I understand what you mean! Thank you for playing! 😀

Years

The game didn't work for a reason, to play definitively and functionally do this.

The base rom of the game is Italian, the game may not work if you patch on an English version of "Pokémon FireRed". Download the Italian version of the game and apply the patch to the rom base:"Pokémon Rosso fuoco ITALIAN DOWNLOAD"

The link for the patch to use on Pokémon rosso fuoco(Pokémon fire red in italian)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yfw738nkgbpce93/Pok%25C3%25A9mon_FireRed_Distorted_for_rosso_fuoco.ips/file

Back