• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 2 & Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
Years
  • Yeah I can't wait either. However I am mad that it was pushed back until next year. On a different note what are you guys hoping will be in the game?
    I would love to see more FF levels and more Disney characters, I want to see a new Gummi Ship system and more pieces for it...thats just me though.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • New information released since alst KH2 thread:
    -Agrabah and Ancient Japan (Mulan) are confirmed worlds.
    -Pete (from Goofy cartoons) is a villain.
    -The main new white Heartless like things are called Dusk.
    -Sora has a Charge mode where he weilds two Keyblades.
    -Auron helps you fight Cerberus in the Underworld.

*wishes he could have gone to the Kingdom Hearts Premiere Part to play the first demo of KH2*

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    What system will KH2 be released for? Wasn't there suppose to be a release of the original on GBA? I could've sworn I saw that in the Epic Center of Nintendo Power(dunno which volume).

I want to to see different jobs and species. Like on FFTA, probably the most customize(-able) FF game to date.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    JoWood said:
    What system will KH2 be released for? Wasn't there suppose to be a release of the original on GBA? I could've sworn I saw that in the Epic Center of Nintendo Power(dunno which volume).

I want to to see different jobs and species. Like on FFTA, probably the most customize(-able) FF game to date.
    KH2 will be released on the PS2 and the one for the GBA is called Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories it's going to be released later this year.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • What I hope they have in KH2 is more FF characters. They didn't have that many from FF games in KH (right now off the top of my head I count 9, that's a small number with all the Disney characters on it).
    I also hate how they will let it out next year (who knows when next year, it will come out in Japan and get it 3-5 months later). It's a long time if you think about it from when KH came out to when KH2 comes out (I think Kingdom Hearts came out 2002 and it will be 2005 till Kingdom Hearts 2 comes out meaning 3 years, that's way to long for the naxt part of a game).

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I think KH2 should have more FF and less Disney.... and Auron is gonna be in it? Wow!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • DarkLink said:
    I think KH2 should have more FF and less Disney.... and Auron is gonna be in it? Wow!
    ^ It is a Disney based game, so they can't just fill it with Final Fantasy characters.

Anyway, it looks good from what I have seen so far.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Shadow said:
    New information released since alst KH2 thread:
    -Agrabah and Ancient Japan (Mulan) are confirmed worlds.
    -Pete (from Goofy cartoons) is a villain.
    -The main new white Heartless like things are called Dusk.
    -Sora has a Charge mode where he weilds two Keyblades.
    -Auron helps you fight Cerberus in the Underworld.

*wishes he could have gone to the Kingdom Hearts Premiere Part to play the first demo of KH2*
    This is interesting. Good ol' Pete eh? Hmm.
    Are there any more details besides the charge mode to the battle system revealed yet?

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Kingdom Hearts Information

Ok, for those of you who do not know the general info about this game, then read below:

Posted by: Deven Thrivikraman
    Posted on: 05/15/2004

Huge thanks to "Lunatic Martyr" of Sora's Domain. Please note that this information did not come from ONE publication but a lot of various publications.

General Storyline

"Heartless once again begin to appear in many Worlds, and threaten the balance of life. It's unknown why or how they have returned. Some claim that Hollow Bastion is once again the cause/source of their unpleasant return. When Sora hears about this, he gathers his companions and they immediately leave for Hollow Bastion. They arrive and discover the World is in total chaos. The essence of what they believe is Darkness, that is emanating from the castle, is warping the very World itself. Before they have a chance to head to the castle, they are surrounded on all sides by a very large group of Heartlesses, including some they had never seen before. They have no choice but to try and fight their way out, with the knowledge that very sinister things are taking place... and it's only the beginning."

Blonde Haired Kid [BHK]

The only note-worthy thing from any magazine was from V-Jump's E? Report which refered to him as a new character with two partners of his own - whom are not Donald & Goofy.
    - Additional Info by Latioscatcher.
    The blonde haried kid is Another Sora hes protectin sora and the girl with him is Kairi didnt u watch Deep Dive? the guy in the black clothes is Another Sora I know.
    - Additional Info by lilfanciestpanties.
    he has lots of attributes that are the same as Sora's, which leads me to think he is 'Sora' from another world. If you saw Deep Dive, then you see two Unknowns speaking to each other about Sora. One of them had two keyblades, and the other one said "He looks just like you" and it shows Sora, maybe dead, or in a coma, but he is flying in the wind over the ocean!
    The BHK Must have some kind of relation to Sora!

Ansem?

Still no name for "Ansem", but he has been referred to as the "Crimson/Red Enigma".

Hollow Bastion

In one magazine, a small blurb described Hollow Bastion as "once again an integral part of Sora's journey and a doorway to new, mysterious Worlds."

Disney Castle

Disney Castle, a World that had much involvement with the story and was clearly visible on the first game's world map, was not accesible in the first game which puzzled a few people. It is now said that Disney Castle will indeed be playable this time around.

The WORLDS

The Worlds are touted as being much more expansive than those seen in the first game.

The first playable World is apparently Hollow Bastion, where the game opens.

Speaking of the Worlds, all the mentioned/confirmed themed-Worlds thus far are, in no particular order

World Name/Movie

- "Fabled Countryside"/Beauty and the Beast
    - "Ancient Greece"/Hercules

As for the specific, primary/prominent areas for each of the aforementioned Worlds, a few were mentioned...

Fabled Countryside - Quaint/Peaceful Village (one said the latter, another the former)
    - Forbidden Woods/Forest
    - Beast's Manor (this is the term that's always been used so far; no "castle" or anything of the like; perhaps if the curse is broken, it'll become "Prince's Castle", or something)

Ancient Greece
    - Thebes (City)
    - Mount Olympus (Colosseum included)
    - [The] Underworld (part of it is tournament-based)

All the mentioned, practically-confirmed theme-Worlds, thus far, are, in no particular order (some are written about outright, whereas some are here simply going by subtle hints; no word on any sort of Final Fantasy-inspired Worlds as of yet):

- Nottinghamshire/Robin Hood
    - Pride Rock/The Lion King
    - Camelot/The Sword In The Stone
    - Prydain/The Black Cauldron (WOOHOO!)

All the mentioned/heavily-rumoured themed-Worlds include, thus far

- Victorian London/The Great Mouse Detective
    - ????/The Jungle Book
    - ????/Mulan (one magazine said "... Mulan ... and The Jungle Book are all expected to be immortalized as playable Worlds in the next installment.")

Bosses

Bosses/adversaries Sora will supposedly encounter throughout the game include (mostly from the Hercules-inspired World; no others have been specifically mentioned as bosses, with the exception of DarkSide):

- DarkSide
    - Nessus (Centaur)
    - The Hydra
    - The Cyclops
    - The Titans (that's all that's said, so it leads one to believe that all four will be included; then again, it could just be the two that were absent from the first game)
    - Auron ("a lost soul, looking for redemption")
    - Cerberus (not referred to as a boss, per se, but said to be returning in some capacity)
    - Hades? (was not pointed out as a boss, but it's natural to think he'd be one)

Hades, Captain Hook & Jafar (perhaps in his Cobra-guise?) are all said to be indefinitely returning; presumably, to join the new group of Villains, whomever they may be.

New Types of Heartless

The game will feature many new types of Heartlesses, along with many that will be returning from the first game (many - not all). Also, three of those new types had names given to them. Not really certain if they're official, but I'll give them anyway.

- Rabid (little blue, pudgy dog-like things)
    - HookWing (the bat-like Heartless with the red hooks on the end of their tails)
    - Spectral Mage (the magic-type Heartless Sora is pictured as encountering within the Underworld)

The "White Creatures"

One magazine referred to the stretchy "White Creatures" as 'Flailers'. No name was given for the giant one.

KH2 now in REAL TIME!

The game will keep "Real Time", and the large clock on the train station in Twilight Town will also reflect this (in other words, among other things, there will be a definitive day and night periods in each World and they will alternate on a regular basis).

Rating System/Obtainment of Abilities

Sora will receive a certain special ability/technique upon the completion of any one world (that is, aside from being granted the traditional theme-based Keychain, which will also be a returning factor). Exactly which ability/technique you acquire depends solely on how well you were able to successfully complete that particular world. Once you do complete the World, the factors will be tallied up, and depending on the end result, you'll receive one ability for that World. Determining factors include, but are not necessarily limited to (i.e. the only ones divulged as of this writing; these aren't the exact classifications [as there were none], just the names I'm going to give them based on descriptions):

Total Percentage Of World Beaten Rating
    Overall Time Required To Successfully Beat World Rating
    Total Vanquished Enemy-Count Rating
    Battle Performance Rating
    Magic Adept-ability Rating
    Party Cooperation Rating
    Group Participation Rating
    Special Rating
    Overall Performance Rating

Then, those are all added together and depending on the rating, you'll receive your reward. For example, in the Hercules-themed World (one publication referred to it as "Ancient Greece"), the best ability Sora can obtain is "Zeus' Thunder", "an extremely powerful and punishing lighting-based magical attack", which drains all of Sora's MP. The second best ability is "Herc's Might" (drains 1/2) and the 'worst' one is "Hermes' Trail" (drains 1/4); no idea on what the latter two do (if you happen to do any worse than that, you'll receive a package with various items, equipment and lots of Munny included. There was no indication on whether or not if any of these abilities can be shared within the entire party, or if it's limited to just Sora. As well, if doesn't say if you can actually eventually obtain all the abilities for any given World by returning or not (I'd bet that you can).

Command Menu

Sora's Command Menu will change to a visual theme that reflects whichever World he's currently in.

Keychains

In addition to receiving Keychains throughout the course of the game, you'll have the opportunity to craft a custom KeyBlade of your very own choosing (along the same lines as the Synthesis process from the first game). Details are sketchy, but it's said that the materials needed to create the KeyBlades are very rare and well hidden in each World.

Drive Meter

The mysterious "Drive" meter seems to tie-in to how many enemies you kill, and it may or may not be the only type. For example, it mentions that if you kill enough enemies, and the gauge fills to capacity, Sora is able to unleash a powerful attack (the meter keeps count). If you execute the attack enough, and kill enough enemies, the level of the meter increases, and the attacks/techniques Sora is able to utilize when the meter is full are upgraded (but you can still use the lower-level attacks by hitting the appropriate button when the gauge fills to that specific point). If you happen to defeat a boss with a "Drive"-based attack, you get double the "points" you'd get by just using it on a normal enemy.
    - Additional Info by Yami89.
    the Drive system also allows you use an ability called Transformation Drive. That's name for it so far. What happens is that Sora fuses with one of his party members, and gains new powers and abilities. The fused character dissappears in the meantime, of course. I've read that when Sora fuses with Goofy, he gains a red costume and wields dual keyblades. I've attached some images from Gamespot that all of you might find interesting.

^ ALL INFORMATION WAS TAKEN FROM KH2.NET ^
    ^^ I HAVE MODIFIED SOME OF THE INFORMATION ^^

Last edited:

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Lt. Surge said:
    ^ It is a Disney based game, so they can't just fill it with Final Fantasy characters.

Anyway, it looks good from what I have seen so far.

I know, but I would like more FF charicters (Glad they are adding Auron) and mabye some worlds. I think Sora's new look is WAY better than before!

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Thanks for providing that info for us bro... Now I'm going to have a hard time waiting for it's release.. <_< So far it all sounds good, and I love how it's made more challenging. I know KH was too easy for my taste, so this was needed.

~Blade~

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • eeeee the lion king! mulan! the sword in the stone!! ahh I thought I was the only one who knew about such an obscure disney movie, maybe this will get more people to watch it because it's cute and funny! ^__^

it looks awesome so far :D I cannot WAIT.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • If you want to talk about obscure, who remembers The Great Mouse Detective? Exactly...

But yeah, I've been waiting for this ever since completing Kingdom Hearts (and I managed to download the KH: Final Mix ending preview because it was different to the normal game's ending). Guess I'll just have to pick up Chain of Memories when it comes out to curb my desire until KH2 is released.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • Toothache said:
    If you want to talk about obscure, who remembers The Great Mouse Detective? Exactly...

But yeah, I've been waiting for this ever since completing Kingdom Hearts (and I managed to download the KH: Final Mix ending preview because it was different to the normal game's ending). Guess I'll just have to pick up Chain of Memories when it comes out to curb my desire until KH2 is released.

you didn't even wait for an answer :< because Iiiiiiiii remember the great mouse detective!! I just didn't mention it because it wasn't one of my favorites, so I wasn't as excited about it.

but I'm definitely getting chain of memories too ^__^

samu

hard like whiplash
    Years
  • OT: Pounce is a theif. Stealing threads and putting them on other message boards is wrong! XD

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • samu said:
    OT: Pounce is a theif. Stealing threads and putting them on other message boards is wrong! XD
    Why is it wrong?

Does anyone know how Chain of Memories is supposed to further the storyline of the original...all I know right now is that its supposed to be the same game.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • samu said:
    OT: Pounce is a thief. Stealing threads and putting them on other message boards is wrong! XD
    nuuu I even put a little disclaimer in saying where all the information came from and that it wasn't mine. silly boy, I did no stealing. >p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back