• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rise of a New Champion

T.J.

Teen Titan Member
Years
Hello everyone! I'm new here so, yeah! This story is about a young boy named Justin. He is thirteen and has a Richie's nature. This fic is PG for some acts I might make in the future. Also, here's the symbol sign:
Italics-thoughts
<Blah Blah>-Pokemon talking
(Note….)- Authors Note
"Somethin"- Human Talking
Kay, here's the fic:

Rise of a New Champion (Revised Edition)​

Chapter 1- Trainer Examinations

"This is the world of Pokemon! In this world, creatures called Pokemon live in harmony with humans for ages. They have worked, played and battled with each other during the time. But just because we and Pokemon have become so close, does not mean we know everything about Pokemon. There are still many mysteries surrounding Pokemon. Like, how do Pokemon make eggs, and where do they get there powers? Well, all of you will soon be trainers if you can pass this test. Now trainers battle with Pokemon. They become a team. Trainers can battle with them and they can also catch more Pokemon. Up to six Pokemon may be on a Trainer's team."
Said a whitish brown haired man. He was wearing a lab coat, which swayed as he talked.

A hand shot up into the air. The hand belonged to a boy named Justin Vidal, who was sitting in a brown desk. He kicked his yellow bag wich was beside his desk to stop it from falling with his gray and blue running shoes then adjusted his red cap backwards. His Black long sleeve shirt with a Pokeball design in the middle slid dwn his arm as his hand stayed up longer. He then placed some notes on his blue jeans.

"Yes Justin?" the teacher said.

"Professor Birch, where do the extra Pokemon you catch go?" Justin asked.

"Aaaah. Good question Justin! The extra Pokemon you catch go to your Pokemon Computer or, as it is more commonly called, PC. The Hoenn's PC Creator is Carol Lanette." Prof. Birch said.

Another hand shot up into the air. This one belonged to a girl. She pulled down her pink sleeve-less shirt to keep it form showing her stomach. She wiped some dust off her blue skirt. She then took off her FR/LG styled hat off and placed it on the floor next to her blue shoulder bag.

"Yes Kat?" the kind professor asked.

"Professor, how many Pokemon are in the world?" Kat asked politely.

She's so pretty! Hmmmmm…… I have to make sure that no one knows that! Justin thought.

Yup! He likes her! Rod thought with a smirk.

"Well, there are about 387 discovered Pokemon, and the three other forms of Deoxys." Professor Birch answered.

Another hand shot up. This time it belonged to Rod. Rod had black spiky hair which shook as he shot his hand up, a blue sweater which hung loosely like his purple baggy pants. He also wore a green pendent on his neck. It was given to him by his grandfather, Gary Oak. "I thought there were only 386 Pokemon!"

"One new Pokemon were discovered, Munchlax!" The professor answered.

"Oh………" Rod murmured as a few people giggled.

HAH! Take that Rod! I knew that! Justin thought. "Okay, Okay, settle down. I'm passing out the Trainer Examinations tests." The professor said as he passed out the tests.

"Yes! A test!" Justin shouted.

"CoughPokeFreakcough!" Rod coughed.

"Coughjerkcough!" Justin answered back.

"Stop it!" Professor Birch warned as he passed Justin his test.

"Yes" They both answered.

Question 1: What Pokemon type evolves the fastest?
Bug Types, Justin wrote quickly on his white sheet of paper.

Question 2: Name all the items Pokemon can evolve with?
Deep Sea Scale, Deep Sea Tooth, Dragon Scale, Fire Stone, Kings Rock, Leaf Stone, Metal Coat, Moon Stone, Sun Stone, Thunder Stone, Upgrade and Water Stone, Justin wrote.

Question 3: How do you get a Wynaut?
Breed two Wobbuffet, one holding Lax Incense, Justin wrote.

Question 4: Where did the Deoxys VS. Rayquaza batle start in is in La Rousse City?
The Battle Tower, Justin answered.

Question 5: Who are the reigning Champions of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn and write there starter?
Kanto: Andrew Lenners (Poliwhirl), Johto: Lan Hiroki (Eevee), and Hoenn: Wes Kyle (Mightyena), Justin answered.

~an hour later~
Question 153: What is the name of the Newly discovered Pokemon?
Munchlax, Justin wrote.

Question 154: What level does Rattata learn Hyper Fang?
13, Justin wrote.

Question 155: What Pokemon do you have? Family pet, substitute Pokemon, starter?

Substitute Starter Pokemon: My Wynaut name Poppy, Justin wrote.

He then shot his up high. "Yes Justin?" the professor asked.

"I'm done!" He answered.

"Put it on my desk and go home. You will get your test results tomorrow. Bye!" Professor Birched

So Justin grabbed his bag, put the test on the desk and walked out of the white classroom. He grabbed the yellow handle on the brown door, opened it, then walked out. After he walked out, he grabbed a red-and-white ball called a Pokeball from his belt and threw it.

There was a flash and a Pokemon with a big lump on his head and two ears that served as arms. It had crooked eyes and a weird mouth. It then said, <Hi Justin! Good time at school?>

"Just because you're being polite doesn't mean you can come with me on my journey Poppy." Justin said.

<Darn! I thought it might work!> Poppy said.

"Heh! Well, come on! We gotta get home! I'm gonna borrow Angel to bye some clothes!" Justin yelled as he started running.

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon in Littleroot Town. Littelroot Town was a small but Happy comunity. There were only eight houses in the tiny town so that everyone new each other. Firday was the best day of the week. It was the day you can see kids running around and adults gossiping away. It was refreshing."Aaaahh…… It is really nice in Littleroot Town. I'm gonna miss it."

<I'm not! I'm living here everyday!> Poppy bragged.

"Stop rubbing it in!" Justin yelled.

They than saw his house. It looked like the normal houses in the game. He opened the door and entered. "Mom! We're home!" Justin yelled as he took his shoes off.

He then climbed the stairs and went to his room. It had blue wallpaper and had a wooden door leading to his bathroom. He then lay down and took a nap after a long, tiring day of school.

~An hour later~

Justin woke up to see his sister, Janiel, staring at him. "Aaaagh!" Justin yelled as he saw his sister's face. She was wearing a white blouse which was dangeling a little bit looseley , a blue skirt which also hung loosely, and a blue ponytail tying up her brown and black hair. Her hair bobbed up and down as she swayed from side to side.

"Hi!" she said.

"Grrrrr…..! Is that all you wanted? To say 'Hi'?!?!?!" Justin complained.

"Yeah" Janiel answered.

"Grrr….. Anyways, I just remembered. I need to borrow Angel. I need to buy new clothes for my journey." Justin answered.

"Okey!" She said as she handed Justin her Pokeball.

To Be continued……

Sorry it's kinda weird first chapter… I felt like I had to do this. Well, Hope you review!

Mudz: YOU BETTER!

If you wanna be squeezed into this fic, sign this form:

Name:
History:
Pokemon: (Pleas start weak)
Looks Like:
If you are permanent or just every once in a while, or what, tell me. That way I can plan ahead.
Edit: I fixed the chap to make it more bettre description wise.

Last edited:

espeon and umbreon

&#32118;&#23550;&#12395;&#21213;&#12388;!!
Years
Name: Lora
History: born and grown up in Rustbro. Her 8 years old little sister is one of the student in Roxanne's class
Pokemon: Koko the Treeko ( soon evolves into Grovyle) Rara the Ralt, Susu the Surskit, Gogo the Bagon, Fifi the Trapinch and Wowo the Spheal ( others in the Pc. I will list all of the pokemon later)
Atitude: Kind nad caring
Looks like: Blue eyes, long and untied Brown hair, looks tall for her age, yellow striped and blue skirt, sleeveless blue shirt that says " POKEMON!" silver anolouge watch, white hat, green and yellow striped bag, white sneakers.
That's just about it. Also later, can I evolve my pokemon?

T.J.

Teen Titan Member
Years
espeon and umbreon said:
Name: Lora
History: born and grown up in Rustbro. Her 8 years old little sister is one of the student in Roxanne's class
Pokemon: Koko the Treeko ( soon evolves into Grovyle) Rara the Ralt, Susu the Surskit, Gogo the Bagon, Fifi the Trapinch and Wowo the Spheal ( others in the Pc. I will list all of the pokemon later)
Atitude: Kind nad caring
Looks like: Blue eyes, long and untied Brown hair, looks tall for her age, yellow striped and blue skirt, sleeveless blue shirt that says " POKEMON!" silver anolouge watch, white hat, green and yellow striped bag, white sneakers.
That's just about it. Also later, can I evolve my pokemon?
Sure! Just PM me when you want it to evolve!

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2004
Name: Derek
History: Was born and grew up in LilyCove City. Wants to be a pokemon master and breeder.
Pokemon: Genki the Mudkip. Raby the Zangoose. Brinol the Electrike. Kanus the Slugma. Opus the Tropius. Fubre the Umbreon.
Attitude: Nice and really competitive.
Looks Like: Has spiky black hair. A gray shirt and orange sleeves. Baggy blue jeans. A gray backpack. Gray and white shoes.
I would also like to be permanent in the story if you want me to be.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'mnot wanting to be in the fic... I'm just a nice friendly fanfic reviewer at your service... coming to review your fic. ^_^ Anyways... to review:

It was good that there was a test instead of just a random Pokemon being selected from a large bag with $$$ on it (OK I made the $$$ up), so... that was certainly a better start than most OT fics. It was also good that Justin or whatever he's called actually didn't get the Pokemon in the same chapter... this adds suspense so compels readers to read on.

What I didn't like though was the way you said how many Pokemon were in the world. OK... Prof Birch may know of the 386 Pokemon, but how would he know about the three Deoxys forms? Has he gone to Birth Island to actually see the Deoxys forms? Wouldn't the children at least ask this? They didn't seem very concerned or excited that he was talking about a legendary Pokemon. It just didn't seem very real.

Everything else seems to be in order... there were a few typos and grammatical errors, but MS Word can quash those for sure. Keep up the good work. ^_^

T.J.

Teen Titan Member
Years
Sorry bout the wait! I had some computer problems and guitar stuff. Well, here?s chap 2!

Path of a Trainer

Chapter 2: Starter Pokemon:
The Captures

The phone rang and Justin ran for it, Pokeball in hand. He answered it and Prof. Birch was on. ?Hi Justin! I just called to tell you that you that you passed the test in flying colors! I guess you can go now and make preparations! BYE!? he said and hung up the phone. Okay. Weird.

?Okay, bye.? Justin said as he walked out the door.

?GO! Angel!? Justin yelled as he threw a Red-And-White Pokeball.

It burst open and a big Blue and red bird Pokemon appeared. It had two chopsticks like things as a tail, and a red chest. It?s big, blue wings pounded up and down to keep flight. ?Swellow!? it yelled.

?Hi Angel!? Justin smiled.

<Hey Justin! What do you need me for this time?> said the female bird.

?Could ya? fly me to Lilycove? Jane?s been there so you can find it, right?? Justin asked as he scratched his head.

<Yeah! I?ll take you there! But why?>Angel asked.

?To buy something.? Justin answered as he grinned.

<You?re scary at times?..> Angel said.

?Hey!? Justin exclaimed, ?I?m weird, NOT scary!?

~ 4 Hours Later~
?MOM! I?M BACK!? Justin yelled as he flopped on his bed.
He got up about 5 minutes later, changed into his Pajamas, and went to his blue tiled bathroom. When he finished, he went Jane?s room and threw her Pokeball on her bed. Tired, he ran to his room and went to bed.

~In the Morning~

It was a beautiful day in a peaceful town called Littleroot Town. The residents were doing daily businesses. ?Justin! Justin, wake up! You're going to be late for your journey!" His mom bellowed.

"What time is it!?" Justin half yelled, half asked. He was wearing his green and white pjs.

"6:30!" his mom answered.

"Thanks! I?ll hurry up now!?

So he got up, went to take a bath. He entered the bathroom in his room. 5 min. later, he got out of the shower, dried himself with a blue towel with a Pokeball in the middle, and then put his clothes on. He was wearing a black t-Shirt with a Pokeball in the middle ('cause his fave. ball was a Pokeball) over his white long sleeve, blue jeans, gray running shoes, and a yellow backpack His apricot skin shined a bit from the water drying.

He then ran out of his room, hugged his sister good-bye, kissed his mom on the cheek, grabbed s Pop-Tart from the closet, and ran out the door. He made it to Prof. Birch's Lab in 1 min.
"Huff...Wheeze....Huff...Made a new record.? he said to himself.

Just then, he saw Vicky. Then he saw Rod. Vicky was wearing a Pink sleeveless, a blue skirt, and Pink running shoes. Her black and brown hair had chopsticks in them to keep them up. Her hair shined in the light of the morning. "H-hi???Tired??.? Justin said, trying to breathe normally.

"Hi." she replied.

Rod was wearing a blue sweater. He had a green pendant at the end of his long necklace & wore brown pants. He also had black, spiky hair. "?.."

"Hi guys. Please come in." said Prof. Birch, who just got out of his lab. His lab coat wiggled hear and there as he shook everyone?s hand and pushed them in. So they all entered a well lit room with lots of computers. The floor had gray tiles. The floor, however, was plain white. And the ceiling was brown.

As they walked deeper to the back room, Justin wondered what Pokemon would like him. He thought so hard that, when everyone went inside a door leading to the back, he walked right into the wall!

?Hey! Who moved the door?!? He said, not wanting Vicky to think he was a total idiot.

?You CAN?T, move a door when it?s planted in. You were just not being careful. That?s why they invented doorways.? Rod sneered.

I?ll show him! When I make it to the Pokemon League Championships, I?m gonna knock his Pokemon silly! He thought to himself, Plus I get to get MILLIONS of screaming fans and a fan club! I get to be one of the chosen trainers!

They went inside a room and they were in a weird room. It was more like a nature preserve. There were around 15 other trainers around the three of them. He then handed each of them a Pokenav. Some were red, some were yellow, and others purple. ?Where are we?? Justin asked.

?Some??Nature Preserve!? Vicky said.

?Exactly! You must capture your starter Pokemon! I?ll give you a Pokeball so you can get one. Come to me when you catch one and I?ll hand over your Pok?dex. I only have seventeen so one of you, unfortunately have to not get a Pokemon and Pok?dex.? Prof. Birch said, sadly.

?Well, GO!?
To be continued?..

I hope you all got what you wanted in this chapter! I?ll add the characters you asked for later!

Years
To be honest, I don't like this "having random people being added into your fic" thing. For one thing, it hinders the plot. If you can't control the personality of the characters...and you don't know how to develop them, it's pretty much a spineless start. Well, that's just me.

T.J.

Teen Titan Member
Years
espeon and umbreon said:
Cool. Nice story. Is my character in next chap.?

Yeah! And oni_flygon, I don't mind! It's your opinion! Hope you continue to read my fic!

Pok?mon Master Denny

Happy Halloween from PMD!
Years
Hey, TJ. PMD here from the Serebiiforums! It's good to see a friendly, well, not face, erm...screenname here!

Anyways, onto the review.

Very good work here. I see you re-edited your edited edition because I see some new stuff in there, TJ. Like Mr. Catdog {Another familiar...erm...screenname} said, a few grammatical errors and some punctuation mistakes {Question 2: Question mark not needed}, yet that's nothing that MS Word can't handle. In Dana Carvey's words: Peeoon, Peeoon, Ksssh. {Stand-up comedy of '95}.

So, good luck with the rest of your story, and get some good reviews!

~ PMD

T.J.

Teen Titan Member
Years
Thanks! Oh yeah, turns out this fic will contain BOTH stuff Manga, TV, Graphic Novel, and Games. Not TOO much. Well, off to continue writing! I'll try to make this Chapter Kinda Long, due to the whole "1st Pokemon Capture Day" thing. Thanks to Kyneron on Serebii Forums for the idea. I want to get in ALOT of detail about this! See yah!

~T~

Back