• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rising Sun

Years
After seeing alot of good Pokemon games being made, it inspired me to start my old Pokemon project up again, originally called Rising Moon, I changed it to Rising Sun because I liked that better.

Story:
You are a boy/girl from the town called Murton and you always wanted to become a Pokemon champion and now's you chance to become one, so you head over to Prof. Alk's lab to get your first Pokemon and start your journey.

But there will some other things in the storyline on the way to becoming a champion.

This game is going to use my own Pokemon graphics and the Pokemon Battle system (once I put it in).

Screenshots:

I replaced the Enterbrain logo with this, I got the idea from DarkMage's game:
startupscreen.png

Replaced RPG_RT.exe icon with my own:
rpg_rt.png

This is not going to be the actual menu, this is just to show the currency as used in the GB/C/A games:
menu.png

Ripped the gender icons from Nidoran's name:
genderselect.png

This is the second town in the game:
aroncity.png

The first cave in the game:
aroncaveinside.png

Just a bit outside the first town:
outsidetown.png

Oh no, Team Rocket is back *UPDATED* :
teamrocket2.png

Last edited:

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Hehe, I was thiknig about having Rising Sun as a name. Oh well. Awesome mapping.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Those are really great screens. Looks like it'll be fun to play! I just want to suggest you change the town's name. At first, when I read it, I read Murkrow.

Years
PKMN_Sage said:
Those are really great screens. Looks like it'll be fun to play! I just want to suggest you change the town's name. At first, when I read it, I read Murkrow.

Murkrow?
Lol thats funny :D I'll see what I can do about changing it though I like Murkbow.

Years
PatsRule1223 said:
Looking good Avatar! How far have you gotten so far?

Well i'm doing the mapping first and I guess i'm about 7-15% into the game, I guess, it's not going that fast since i'm making charsets along the way.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Those are pretty good screens, I'll be checking up on this one every once and a while.

Years
Here's the last screen for now:

Entrance to the first cave *UPDATED* :
kraeoncave.png

Last edited:
Years
phoenix316 said:
Have you named most of the places after Pokemon? Just curious, not complaining. The mapping looks great so far, keep it up!

Not really, but some names just come to my mind quick, even though their weird.. dont ask :confused:
Besides most of the Pokemon names i've memorized are all the old pokemon from R/B/Y and from G/S/C, I can never seem to remember most of the R/S ones.

EDIT: Well after playing around with the names a bit I decided to change them, because I like the newer ones better.

This is what I got so far,

The Region is named Erysia (Not changed)
Murton
Kraeon
Pyao (Not changed)

Last edited:
Years
PKMN_Sage said:
Those are some interesting names. Mind if I ask you how to pronounce them?

Sure, let's see

Erysia: Eehryee-Ceea
Kraeon, is prounced just like Crayon ;)
Murton: Muerton
Pyao: Pie-Ayeoh

Well I hope that helped a bit, i'm not so good at spelling out how you pronounce them, better at saying it myself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Murton was easy to figure out. Pyao is a little difficult though. I'm guessing:

Pyao: Pee-A-O

Years
PKMN_Sage said:
Murton was easy to figure out. Pyao is a little difficult though. I'm guessing:

Pyao: Pee-A-O

No it's more in the direction of Py or Pie, or whatever :confused:

EDIT: As in Py-A-O or Pie-A-O

Last edited:

Brendan Trainer

Let's battle!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 9, 2005
omg cool!! Great images and similar to RS. I just hope it's good in history. May I ask you a question? I don't master too much RPGM2k(3) when customising, so I wondered... How do you do the custom text? and, is there an easier way to do a CMS without making images and such? I need that to do a RS look-like CMS for my Pok?mon Trading Card Game: Ruby & Sapphire (I just got the idea, I need all the cbs and such)...

Years
Brendan Trainer said:
omg cool!! Great images and similar to RS. I just hope it's good in history. May I ask you a question? I don't master too much RPGM2k(3) when customising, so I wondered... How do you do the custom text? and, is there an easier way to do a CMS without making images and such? I need that to do a RS look-like CMS for my Pok?mon Trading Card Game: Ruby & Sapphire (I just got the idea, I need all the cbs and such)...

Well the text isn't actually custom, it's one of the RM2k3 fonts and the Pokemon message box put together.

CMS.. well there is ways to make it without images, you can either do it with parallax backgrounds or without anything, but I think it looks better with images.

You could look at tutorials on various sites such as Gaming World or RPG2knet

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I guess that the master spriter has started his own game!
Looking forward to this.

Back