• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most hackeable ROM.

Which version is the most hackable?

• Ruby

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Fire Red

Votes: 110 58.8%
  • Leaf Green

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Well I wanted to make this poll...Which of all GBA Pokemon game versions is the most editable?
    Oh and please if you'd like, reply with why you chose the option you opted for.
    I'm interested in knowing about this topic, plus it can clear other peoples minds in deciding which version is more convenient with what they want to do.
    BTW... if anyone votes for Emerald, please describe why ;)
    To my knowledge, Emerald isn't as editable as FR or Ruby.

Years
  • uhmm.. they're all the same, but Emerald is more unstable, and its not too many tools that work with it..
    but Ruby/sapphire do all(almost) tools work, and it is very stable, witch means it wont crash as much as the other games.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • uhmm.. they're all the same, but Emerald is more unstable, and its not too many tools that work with it..
    but Ruby/sapphire do all(almost) tools work, and it is very stable, witch means it wont crash as much as the other games.

Unstable? How? They are all using the same engine.

All of them are the most hackable....thats if you know what your doing.

I think a better poll would be, which GBA Rom has had the most editing tools created for it.

To my knowledge, Emerald isn't as editable as FR or Ruby.

This is becasue more tools have been created for them as they are the most popular, though like I said all you need is a knowledge of what everything is located and how all the little engines work in it and Hex Workshops your friend.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Sapphire.. So Easy...

I think pokemon sapphire is the easiest to hack. This is because it's easier to find the rom & the tools. I mean, i hacked mine so you can complete the pokedex & buy masterball & rare candies for free from the shop. lol

Years
  • As the(4) and Cartmic said, all are equally hackable, it is more of a question of preference. Cartmic already stated the question that should be posted, so I won't reiterate. All tools will work with Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Most tools will work with Emerald, but some won't because of the new and modified systems, such as animated Pokémon sprites (so PokéPic is out).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Well, I guess it all goes down into how lazy the hacker is ;) lol
    That is so true... They aren't completely different from each other, And all tools out there are coded to modify hex values anyway. I've made tools myself...
    The tools just save you time, but they modify hex values and that editing you can do it all yourself in an hex editor but that would take more time and it'd probably drive nuts about 80% of rom hackers.

02magnus

Creator of Digimon Chronicles
    Years
  • I think Emerald is good.... But i voted on FireRed. I think the hacks could be good with FR, ut my VBA can´t play it X( And that is a lolypaticuesychowankanobisuccer thing XD

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Well I think FireRed is a clear winner. XD

Also, all my tools support FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald before I even think of doing Ruby/Sapphire. They just seem too old-school for me, you know? Anyway, I think you should hack FireRed. :)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Firered is the best for me,
    It has more space to make maps and events...but In other roms except for LF it would be hard to do so....

~C3LEBI

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    It doesn't matter that much. Each and every ROM can be hacked, it just depends on the person if he or she wants to put more or less effort if there is no tool for doing a certain task (example: FireRed/LeafGreen world map change) and when they reach the desired effect, they should be proud of themselves that they managed to do that on their own (or with help of tutorial).

In my opinion, all ROMs are hackable, just, it's up to everyone to decide. (I like FR/LG for example.)

Cheers!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Ruby, by a large difference, regardless of the poll.
    Although fire red has better grafics and its gay feature can be easily avoided (I'm talking abut the fame checker, as opposed to the bases in ruby)

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    I think Ruby/Sapphire is a highly hackable ROM, I've been hacking it for two years. It's pretty stable, too.

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I chose Fire Red because its (DUH!) easier to hack because most of the programs work better with it. In Ruby, on Advance Mart, I'd get a hex # for each item. But with Fire Red, I have:
    MASTER BALL
    ULTRA BALL
    GREAT BALL

so-on-and-so-forth...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back