• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
titlepq3.png

(Sky Blue Version 3 renamed)
Made With: RMXP

.:Introduction:.
Well this is just a new game, kinda based of my old game (Pokemon Sky Blue), which was lost because my brother deleted all my old files. So this year(yesterday) I thought I should try to make it again! So here I am making my game again =P

.:History:.
Recently, a new region was discovered, with many new secrets. After the researchers searched the region they discovered that the Pokemon Darkrai visits this region a lot. The researchers believe that Darkrai lives on this region, so they don't think it's a good idea to let people take this region. But the people still go to this region, some of them came to this region to hunt down Darkrai, others came to set up gyms and discover new pokemons.

.:Features:.
Advance Message System(With text-by-text)
100%​
Custom Menu System
0%​
Custom Battle System
50%​
Real Time Day & Night
90%(needs day/night events!)​
Spoiler:

Random Weather(based on where you are in game)
0%​
Pokemon's
0/???​
New Region
1%​

.:ScreenShots:.
Spoiler:

.:Credits:.
Illusion Games
rataime
goldenaura3
Fangking Omega
Squall
phlyomortis

.:Notes:.
The character graphics in the screenshots are just holders until I make the real character graphics!

I also need the sprites(back and front) of all the pokemon please, if anyone has them ^^

If someone can clean up the Midnight Version text that would be appreciated! I tried so many times to try to make it look good but i still don't like it -.-

Last edited:
Years
WoW, at least some game without using Essentials - keep original. Where did you get this CBS?

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
mackoo, your post answers the question.

I wish you luck on your game! You taught me what CBS means too, by bolding the letters. Thankyou.

Please do read my advisory posts (in signature) on making your own game from scratch which is what I assume you are doing.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
no i made the cbs my self and i made it before in my old game Pokemon Sky Blue(topic still in this forum but its locked) and I'm a skilled scripted so i don't like to use other peoples work unless i can't make it =P
and np =P on the bolded letters lol i just thought it would look cool =P

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Any more new screenies??
It look cool too ~
Dont give up !

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
thanks ^^

and in matter of fact i was going to post some new screenshots later tonight once i finish the scene where you pick your starter =P

edited: Ok added more screenshots of the cbs. I almost completed a wild pokemon battle just need to add PP, super effective/not effectives, and exp. I'm thinking of adding double battles too but it might be to hard but I will try one day =).
So far with the CBS there is no lag except for in the beginning of the battle where the trainer throws the pokeball(the pokeball spin lags) but the lag is only for like 2-3 seconds and it doesn't freeze it just goes slower then it should so i'll just speed it up so it won't look like lag >=P

Tomorrow I'll add some On-Map screenshots =)

Last edited:

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
ok ^^ but all i need help with is a size view picture of Darkrai (shows him on the title floating up and down like the gold and sliver version titles), and i need a better text for the title i want it to match the other games.. at the moment i'm working on my menus and then i have to add them to my cbs =P. and yeah i made the pictures in the cbs where it lags, to move faster and now it doesn't look like lag >=D.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
sorry for the bump/dp -.- but!!!I didn't do it for nothing >=o
I added a new screenshot in the first town

(It also has the new hero!(from sky blue))

I also finish the Day and Night system, just need the day and night events
I added a day and night cycle of it for all the different times in my game(5)

I also got the random encounters working and the grass animation as well ^^, now all i need for wild battles is some animations, pp, exp and catching ;D

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
In the midnight system you should make it that it has lights because its hard to see it if its pitch black
I'm working on that too for the day/night system =P i just need a good picture/animations for a light and hope it won't lag which it shouldn't since the day/night system i made works 100% smooth with no varaibles or scripts or waits...just 2 switches to tell if its day or night and to see if in-doors or out..

tomorrow i'll finish the intro and post some screen shots of them

Years
It looks not so good. I thing I can make a better starting town, just say how many buildings it has to have, and what size.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I've done the titlescreen,
Take a look:
darkrai01nq7.png

Or you want it to become animated like Pokemon Gold or Silver??
I can make more frame for floating up and down but the background won't move.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
That looks great Omega. The game is also looking good too Illusion. Just do this. FRLG or R/S/E, don't mix tiles, and charsets. ;)

It looks not so good. I thing I can make a better starting town, just say how many buildings it has to have, and what size.
Well then let's just see you do that!

Years
But I don't know the events from this town so I cant made it.
Omega, you should remove this black part in the left of "Pokemon".

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
KK good luc with that I hope you do well in your hack!

this is no hack o.o

and mackoo i already know the first town doesn't look so good I was just trying out the tileset still going to add more to the first town.

and axibar i would just pick one but i can't find the rs only tileset no more x.x so i'm ripping them from my rom and just adding them on for now.
and omega i already have the stuff animated by scripts, i just need the images in separate images =P(one will be the text, second one is the background, third one is Darkrai), and yeah just fix the little black box near the pokemon text and its great ^^

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
New Screenshots!

Intro/Gender Difference:
85283232ee6.png

Some other stuff on intro:
73486263hp1.png

still working on the pokemon select, need to animate the pokeballs and the hand to move up and down

edited: Oh forgot to say....but later in the game the Super Nintendo won't be there for nothing, I'm going to make games for it but small arcade-ish games like pacman or alien invaders =P, i might even change the games a bit to be pokemon-ish =3

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
really, I don't want to be rude in any way. but if you post new screenshots, then edit your first post to post them there. that also counts for movies/betas etc. that way people don't have to look through the whole thread to look for screenshots/movies/betas etc, etc.

but other than that, the game looks promising, I'm looking forward to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back