• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Pokemon functionality suite for RPG Maker XP, which started as a modification of Flameguru's Pokemon starter kit, and eventually ended as a rewrite
of practically everything. Pokemon Essentials incorporates my Pokemon Advance battle system along with many new features I added.

Please use the link in my signature to access it.

I would like to make a request: Please report all problems and error logs to me through private messaging, rather than to this thread. It's more convenient for me that way.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Essentials_downloads

Last edited by a moderator:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
I must say Poccil, you are a very skilled Coder. You are going to make it so much easier for the 100's of RMXP Users who want to make a Pokemon Game.

On behalf of them and myself, I say Thankyou! Keep up the good work.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
Its still a bit difficult to figure out some things , like how do you change the pokemons that u recieve from the girl ? u should put more comments...=) thanks, Bruno

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Me and Fangking were just discussing that this could potentially ruin all Fangame making. For the good of the community this should be taken down and out of reach by super noobs.

Thats our opinion though. What should happen is regulated releases. Like in order for people to obtain this, they should already have a lot of Maps and Details of their game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Me and Fangking were just discussing that this could potentially ruin all Fangame making. For the good of the community this should be taken down and out of reach by super noobs.

Thats our opinion though. What should happen is regulated releases. Like in order for people to obtain this, they should already have a lot of Maps and Details of their game.

Maybe. As it is, the features I created can be difficult to use by less experienced programmers.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Thats true. So what really needs to be done yet? Like by the looks of it, a Pokemon Stats Screen, PokeDex, and a finished Bag is all. Seeing as PokeGear Scripts are out there and I have them.

The only things I don't like is the Pokemon Selection Screen because it looks like Diamond and Pearl, not FR/LG/R/S/E. Also, the Name Input system isn't as nice as the one found in Blizzy's kit, so I'd like to see that get changed too.

Other than that everything looks awesome. The Computer System is excellent, and of course the Battle System is also awesome.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
The exp sys needs to be changed i think! beacause the exp bar doesnt increase! and some bugs in pokemon selection, when you switch position of the pokemons u should do a refresh so u dont need to return to menu and enter again to see the changes! Oh and sorry for my other questions, ive figured it out some ones...but i still cant see how do u change the pokemons that u recieve from the girl hehe!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Thank you both for your comments. Of course, this is a work in progress.

As for the Pokemon selection screen, I thought it was a neat trick to use the one from Diamond
and Pearl; apparently it doesn't work well here.

As for the experience system, it actually does work perfectly, I just didn't add code yet to animate
the experience bar. Combined with the fact that the wild Pokemon's levels are relatively low, this
may create the false impression that the Pokemon don't actually gain experience.

I should have made it clear which Pokemon are received in the game.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
Yeah i didnt test with pokemons with a greater level xD
But i really dont understand the code to give pokemons when u talk to her! at the event has some wierd script that i cant understand...-.-' im just new at scripts =D

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
I would like to know how to change the Wild Pokemon. I changed the .txt file but nothing happens.

Yeah i didnt test with pokemons with a greater level xD
But i really dont understand the code to give pokemons when u talk to her! at the event has some wierd script that i cant understand...-.-' im just new at scripts =D

In the Script called --PB2-- there are the following lines of code:

Code:
 def pbCreatePokemon
   $Trainer.party[0]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(1,20,$Trainer)
   $Trainer.seen[1]=true
   $Trainer.owned[1]=true
   $Trainer.party[1]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(4,20,$Trainer)
   $Trainer.party[2]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(7,20,$Trainer)
   $Trainer.party[3]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(10,20,$Trainer)
   $Trainer.party[4]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(13,20,$Trainer)
   $Trainer.party[5]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(16,20,$Trainer)
 end

Simply change the first number to the Pokemon's Number and the second Number to the desired Level. So to make a Level 50 Mew, use this Code:

Code:
   $Trainer.party[0]=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(151,50,$Trainer)

Hope I helped ;)

EDIT: OMG HAX!!! Lol, this is what you could change them to:

omg_hax_lolz.png

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
So, if anyone here or Poccil can tell me how to change wild Pokemon, that'd be cool :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To change the wild Pokemon, edit the file encounters.txt in the game folder, and then run a playtest of the game from RPG Maker XP, since it sets the $DEBUG global variable to true. If you already tried to edit that file, I'm afraid the instructions there weren't clear enough. The game doesn't use the text file directly, but rather accesses the data in a compiled form. If the $DEBUG global variable is set to true when the game starts, the game will compile the text file to a format that it can understand.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Oh, no wonder! I like never test the game in the editor, and I know that sounds stupid. Either way, thanks! Now then, lets edit me a text file hehe

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
I don't plan to sound a complete n00b but I have been experimenting with your Battle System, building what you could say, a miniture project around it that'd take no more then a week to finish. I won't release it, its bassically just a test I would like to try for myself.

The problem is, the charsets. When you talk to them they do not face the direction that you are standing, they stay fixed to facing a single way, how do you change that?

Also, I am having trouble with Trainer Battles. Have they been done yet? I want to set a certain amount of Pokemon, that I have choosen so that the trainer uses them.

Thanks for your time,

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
You can make them face you by using Event Commands. Just Insert this above the text or whatever

Code:
Set Move Route: This Event
                $>Turn toward Player

To do that:

Right Click, Insert
Goto Page 2 of the Event Commands Window and Click Set Move Route
In the drop down box select This Event
Then Click on the Turn Toward Player Button
Click Ok
Right Click, Insert
Goto Page 2 of the Event Commands Window and Click Wait for Move's Completion
Click Ok

Insert the rest of the event blow these 2 Events Directions.

Years
Thanks. That really did help, one question remains. How am I able to do the Withdraw/Deposit System. What script would I need to use? This is for items, not Pokemon.

Years
Ah. I'll improvise for the time being. Once again I apologise for sounding like a complete and utter n00b. Anyway now that my questions have passed I will give you my thoughts on your Battle System, and all the other Scripts that came along with it.

Upon Startup, I really like the naming system, I found it allot more reliable then the one found in Blizzy's starter kit. It is more quicker and picks up the keys pressed instantly. The Custom Menu System shows much potential, the only thing that needs improving is the Pokemon menu, as you've probaly been told time and time again. It dosen't fit in well with the Fire Red/Leaf Green graphics.

Last but not least I shall share with you what I thought of your Custom Battle System. The Custom Battle System is...WOW, simply WOW. You have done an incredible job with creating it, you are by far one of the best Ruby scripters out there. It's easy to edit, and extremely reliable. I think that is not far from perfect.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for your Project/

~Tiger778

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Thank you for your comments.

I have already finished a new Pokemon screen similar to the Advance generation, and it will be part of the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back