• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: POKEMON Ruby Destiny - Reign Of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Smile.jpg
Hack Name
pkmnrd_rol_logo.png

Happy.jpg
Hack Of
POKEMON Ruby U.S. Version

Smile.jpg
Introduction
Hello, I am destinedjagold, and you can call me either DJG or jagold. My first hack was all glitchy and buggy, and so, I decided to make a remake of my first hack, and so I present to you, the remake of my first hack, with a little twist of things!

Happy.jpg
Story
Your brother has called upon you and your mother to live in the region where he is the Gym Leader of Snow Soft City in the region of GENTO. There, you arrived and decided to live in Sun Ford Town, where you'll get your first POKEMON to begin your very own journey.

Try and stop the evil plots of the two evil gangs, Luminous Cenaries, who's vision is to overcast the world with sunlight, and ROYAL DARKNESS, which tries to shade the world with darkness...

But time won't tell what's in store for you in the future. You'll be embarked on a journey to save the world from XD001, or better known as Shadow Lugia.

You'll meet several POKEMON that will help you stop the key of destruction.
Are you ready to face the reality of the future..? Only time can tell.

~~~ Event Story ~~~
In the future, CELEBI saw BLITZ destroying RENTELBUD CITY with SHADOW LUGIA, and so it decided to go back in time to ask for help, and at the perfect timing, you were chosen to stop BLITZ, but you were just too late. Because you destroyed the balance of events in the future, you acquired the special key to restore everything as you went near the time of the future...

PALKIA appeared in FRANCIA FOREST to transport you in a different dimension, for BLITZ and KRONA asked PALKIA to do so, for they have something that will help you restore the balance in your dimension.

LUGIA was caught by ROYAL DARKNESS and planned to use this powerful PKMN to achieve their goal, to overcast the globe with darkness... But then you showed up and stopped them, for you fear that maybe the future will be the same that you have seen when CELEBI took you in a trip for a lifetime. But then, you realized you were the cause why BLITZ in the future was under SHADOW LUGIA's control and destroying the GENTO Region, and so you set your sight on getting things right and you decided to rescue BLITZ in DARK ISLE, just to prevent the future from happening, which so you did successfully.

Smile.jpg
Features
-New region to explore, GENTO, consists of four main islands; LORINA, SELARO, BORORA and RETAZO
-D/P PKMN available.
-Play as the heroes in FireRed/LeafGreen
-New story, rivals and chain of events
-New tiles
-New evil gang; ROYAL DARKNESS and LUMINOUS CENARIES
-All legendaries obtainable
-Baby Lugia and Shadow Lugia, the special PKMNs in the hack

Happy.jpg
Team
Mapping - me
Scripting - me and some help from thethethethe
Tile Editing - Benevolent Wings and I
Spriting - Benevolent, TotoMud and Nicolas

Smile.jpg
Screenies and Videos

Happy.jpg
Banners
Spoiler:

Smile.jpg
Credits
updated
thethethethe - for script help, tile animations and trainer hex editing
Esmas - for the Baby Lugia and sprite helps
Nicolas and TotoMud- for sprites
digital6m - for D/P legendary sprites
WAH - for the tiles and putting up my hack there
Don Patch - for the tiles
Lex_14 - for the new Shadow Lugia sprite
Xanza - for faithfully replying to player's questions

Sad.jpg
Bugs and Glitches
1. Don't lose to DIARK after you defeated SHELLY in Francia Forest!
2. PALKIA cannot be caught for the time.
3. Don't press START after you get MANAPHY's Egg!
4. MESPRIT, AZELF and UXIE won't go away from the spot where they'll appear to battle you.
5. The PKMN's POKéDEX entries aren't edited.
6. The world map is not edited.
7. The PLAYER's overworld's shades are swapped.
8. In receiving your D/P Starter PKMN, don't give it a nickname.
9. The warps in ElectricCave are not in the correct positions.
10. The warp in the cave above the waterfall in ROSE PATH hasn't been edited yet.
11. Some tile errors in the JOHTO Region houses. They're unfixable though...
12. Some tile errors in Thin Forest which are unfixable too...
13. The PKMN locations in the World Map is glitched...
14. The World Map is glitchy...

Happy.jpg
The Walkthrough
A walkthrough is a guide for PLAYER who are playing the game, and in this case, my hack. ;)
Xanza has made a very nice walkthrough and I hope it will be useful to you all.
Team Commander Chill X also made a walkthrough. Hoping you'll find it useful.
adamb241 has made a very organized walkthrough. It would be a great help to players, indeed!

Smile.jpg
Questions/Locations
Players with further questions, please see this thread made for your questions concerning this hack. Thank you.
PKMN Ruby Destiny Help Thread

Players who seek the legendaries in the game, please see this thread. Thank you.
PKMN Legendary Locations
by Manutdrule.

Happy.jpg
Hall Of Fame
~Beta 3 Hall of Fames~
Spoiler:

~Beta 4, Pre-Final and Final~
~~~ destinedjagold ~ wildarms001 ~ evilduckclown ~~~
beta4halloffame.png
wildarms.png
evil.jpg

~~~ jouruichi ~ thethethethe ~ megiddo ~~~
jouruichi-1.png
PokemonRuby_01-1.png
megiddo.jpg

~~~ Darkjagwar ~ adamb241 ~ Xanza ~~~
Hof_RDRoL_BonJovi.png
pokemon_ruby_e.png
Xanza.png

~~~ Mismaguis ~ jacklebott ~ Mismaguis ~~~
halloffame.png
pokemonrubydestinyfinalbx9.th.png
halloffame2.png

~~~ Manutdrule ~ Finisher ~ aaronburnsyou ~~~
pokemonrubydestinyhofui2.png
r9jqyv.png
aby.png

~~~ ~Rene~ ~ darkmanager ~~~
Rene.png
halloffamezw4.png

Happy.jpg
Downloads
Side Note: Failed to Beta Test...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Thanks for the list in the credits. Looks pretty good. Like the shadow Lugia. I hope you get up to a place where you can put into the game. Good Luck with this hack. If you ever want any help don't hesitate to ask. Hope you finish your remake.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for the list in the credits. Looks pretty good. Like the shadow Lugia. I hope you get up to a place where you can put into the game. Good Luck with this hack. If you ever want any help don't hesitate to ask. Hope you finish your remake.

^_^

Thanks! Please don't mind if I'll ask for scripts from you, k..?

Since I'm still learning how to script...

Thanks again.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
i am playing your Ruby Destiny Beta 2.0 game and i don't know what to do next, because i beat the gym and the guy didn't chase after the bad guy. By the way, i really like that there are some sinnoh pokemon, they should be rocored in the pokedex. I kinda think that you should make the starters sinnoh, but then you would have to make the professer prof. rowan, i like that it is the hoenn pokemon. I also would have thought it would be better if it was a hack of emerald, but that is just me because i don't like ruby and sappire that much.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
to BlazikenMaster2000..,

Oh.., so you played the beta of my first hack..?

I never knew... =3

Anyways, this is a remake of my old hack.., so I'm having a very BIG plot to make this hack uh.., (what's the word..? Hmm.., I ran out of words...) good than my first hack.

^^ I'll try my best. Anyways, I really am planning to replace Prof. Birch to Prof. Rowan.

And, I am really having difficulty if ever I'm gonna hack Emerald.

Thanks for the comments you guys! ^^

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
to BlazikenMaster2000..,

Oh.., so you played the beta of my first hack..?

I never knew... =3

Anyways, this is a remake of my old hack.., so I'm having a very BIG plot to make this hack uh.., (what's the word..? Hmm.., I ran out of words...) good than my first hack.

^^ I'll try my best. Anyways, I really am planning to replace Prof. Birch to Prof. Rowan.

And, I am really having difficulty if ever I'm gonna hack Emerald.
Thanks for the comments you guys! ^^

thanks, but you didn't answer my question, what do i do after i defeat the gym leader, the guy from devon doesn't give chase to the bad guy, what is supose to be going on?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
to BlazikenMaster2000..,

I've sent you a PM (private message)...

New updates, new screenies, view the first post everyone!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2010
Looks good. When you say all legendaries are obtainable, do you mean sinnoh legendaries too? That'd be awesome!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'll try my best to include SINNOH Legendaries in the game =3

Anyways.., new screenies, people! Hope you'll like 'em... =3

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Looks interesting... If you're going to use normal starters then use the Hoehn ones. Johto starters are used waaaay to much. The one thing that annoys me about this hack is that it looks alot like Ruby just with maps being changed a bit. By this I mean that you seem to follow the exact same order of things as RSE and have just changed the names. Are you going to use that Lugia pic in your Avatar or are you going to create one? I could do an actual GBA-looking sprite if you need one (I think).

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
The grass tiles looka little iffy to me. Mainly because they all look the same and in mapping you should make some diversity. Well everything esle looks awesome, oh and thethethethe, this is Ooka, are you still gonna join my hacking team?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
To Kazaam..,

Well.., since I'm just doing a remake of my previous hack.., I think I'm gonna stick with it, and I'm planning to add a little twist. =)

Oh and about the grass tiles.., well.., still doing some changes...

To ChiefsFan..,

I am really not good in scripting....., and so I just changed some things in this hack.., but I really scrambled the order of things...

=3

But I'll add scripts when I'm done mapping and changing some things in Beta 1... After, I'll release a Beta with new scripts, hopefully...

Also, my hack does look like Ruby 'cause it's entitled "POKEMON RUBY DESTINY"... I'm just improving, and I wanna know if my first hack will be a great one. =)

I think I'm gonna stick with my old Dark Lugia sprite in my avatar.., since it took my three days to perfect it... =)

To
Necrod..,

Uh.., I don't get what you meant by red and blue swap...

I don't quite get it...

To
Bill taco..,

I'll be releasing the Beta 1 after I'm done with the map changing in Beta 1 and when I added some scripts to twist and turn the events... Eheheh... I'm planning big, but I hope I can walk the talk... =3

Thanks for all your comments, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back