• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Pokemon Liquid Crystal (Beta one released!)

# Hack Name #

Pokemon: Liquid Crystal

# Hack Of #

Pokemon: Fire Red

# Story #

This is a remake of Pokemon Crystal with a different storyline and loads of extras and new things added.

# Features #

*All The Pokemon Including Legendaries And Starters.

*Extended Story From The Original Pokemon Crystal.

*You Can Run Inside Buildings Just Like Pokemon D/P

*New Region With Hopefully Some Shinoh Pokemon

*Johto And Kanto With Some New Events

*Berry Trees!

*Headbutt Trees!

*Includes Team Rocket, Team Magma And Aqua.

*3 Rivels

*The Music From All The Games Maybe Incuding Final Fantasy!

*No Need To Trade To Complete The Pokedex!

*Only Half Of Kanto Will Be Included

*New Trainer Classes!

*Some New Berry Names

# Screenshots #

[URL="http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2006102637393908849"][/URL]

Videos

BEWARE. May Contain Spoilers!

Game Video Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90-w-rtM5VQ

Game Video Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lanF2K8-VoA

Game Video Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdyEiKbvNQ

# Bugs #

This Will Be Updated As New Bugs Are Found

*The female overworld has the wrong pallet.

*Theres No Pokegear. But theres somthing similar!

*Charizard still sounds on the title screen.

*The Main Rivels Battle Sprite Is Not Right.

# Glitches #

These Will Be Updated When New Glitches Are Found

*DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU GET TO THE FIRST POKEMON CENTER! You will see what happens if you do.

*Walking Around And Infront Of The Dark Cave Sign Resets The game. BEWARE!

*Walking Around The Top Left Cut Tree On Route 31 Resets The Game. BEWARE!

*If You Press Start And Go To Bag/Pokemon In MR. POKEMON'S House When You Exit The Menu You Become Him With Wrong Pallete!

FAQ

Q.Can i be a beta tester
A.Sorry. the places are all filled up. theres still a space for mapper, scripter, and music person if you like?

Q.Can i help with spriting, mapping etc.
A.Yes PM me if you want.

Q.Can i help with music?
A.Yes yes yes. I really need help with this.

# Credits #

I Hope I Havent Forgotten Anybody But Thankyou To Everybody That Helped If I Have Forgotten Anyone.

foullump - For helping me script.

zel - For helping me script and letting me use his overworld sprites.

thethethethe - General help with problems.

shadowboy166 - fixing the title screen fantasticly. fixing the male, female sprites in oak intro.

Ssyn, kid nino and dragonhacker - Beta testing

Necrod, Rei173 - Battle Sprites

Everyone Else That Helped.

# Progress #

In this section i will give i short log of what i did on a certain date. Check back here often as i will be updating this part regurly.

15/08/07 Just mapped out Violet City. Added text to people and started mapping Sprout Tower.

16/08/07 shadowboy166 fixed the title screen for me, fixed the players battle backsprite. fixed the first GYM Leaders batle sprite and the male/female sprite in oak intro. - Thanks shabowboy166, Mapped out second floor of sprout tower and added warps.

17/08/07 Fixed a bug in the cherrygrove tour mans script. Fixed loads of bugs.

18/08/07 Mapped out first gym. Added sprites. fixed mapping bugs in sprout tower. mapped out some of the map with the water next to New Bark Town.

19-21/08/07 Done everything up to UNION CAVE. RUINS OF ALPH not included. Released beta 1!

22/08/07 - 1/09/07 Been away so i could not do anything. taking a short break for a few days.

2-14/09/07 - Been at school for 2 weeks so i cant do anything then ether. I have alot to catch up on.
Next Release

When i finish everything up to GOLDENROD CITY. I can't say when that will be at the momment. Hopfully soon though!

# Additional Notes #

*If Anybody Would Like To Beta Test For Me Im sorry to say the places are filled. Thanks anyway.

*If Anybody Would Like To Make Some Sprites For Me Just PM Me Because I Really Need Help With This.

*If Anybody Has Any Ideas For Some Events Then Post Them Here And I Will Consider.

*Everybody Who Helps Out Will Be In The Beginning And End Credits.

*The next beta will have all the edited stuff. You will have to start from the beggining when its released.

# Downloads #

Beta 1 has been released

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
nice to see another g/s/c hack here hopefully you get everything working corectly

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Another G/S/C remake. This is like the 100000th one. But I like the idea of adding the new teams. The biggest expectative I have is that this doesn't feel like Crystal Shards. If it doesn't (in the good sense), I sure I will say that the game is promising.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Looks nice for a remake (there are too many)
Sounds much better than other ones (not all^^)
What´s the name of the new region? Is it an already existing one or a really new?
And do you need Kingdom Hearts 2 sounds? (I have the whole soundtrack^^)

Ps.: I like the style of your post (colorful is great^^)

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
Hmm... yet ANOTHER remake.

Well, since this is probably like the 100th remake posted on PokeCommunity, I guess you'll need to make sure that you'll add something in really amazing so people would wanna play it. Good luck! :D

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
Well it can be amazing by having the same system like in g/s/c like having day and night system and berry trees and headbutting trees working properly and if wouldn't be a bad idea to add some in pokemons in some areas, anyway good luck buddy :)

Years
Thanks for the list in the credits. Good things happen when you help people in need. The hack looks pretty good so far. I see that you found out how to activate the running shoes.:P. Can't wait to see a beta.

linkandzelda

Years
What´s the name of the new region? Is it an already existing one or a really new?
And do you need Kingdom Hearts 2 sounds? (I have the whole soundtrack^^)

Ps.: I like the style of your post (colorful is great^^)

i still need a name for the region and it will be completley new. its not going to be a FULL region. only half of one because of space. i might have some of those kh2 soundtracks.

I still need some ideas for events and stuff. PM me if anyone have any ideas.

I'm hoping to have the first beta released by tuesday next week if all goes planned.

Last edited:

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
I love GSC remakes. I pursonly think there's not enough :)
Anyway this one looks promising!

linkandzelda

Years
Well it can be amazing by having the same system like in g/s/c like having day and night system and berry trees and headbutting trees working properly and if wouldn't be a bad idea to add some in pokemons in some areas, anyway good luck buddy :)

day and night is not possable at the momment. berry trees are working and i havent started headbut trees yet.

the videos have been updated to include the new stuff.

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Yeh trust us this hack will be great. I will definatly love it since johto was my fav region :)

Edit: i made a banner in my siggy for this! It's in the third spoiler

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
I have released the first beta. you can find it in the first post at the bottom. i hope there is no bugs. if there are then please post them here and i will fix them for the next beta. please let me know what people think.

thanks in advance and enjoy.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I can supply you with much better Sprites than the current ones. I'll send them in soon.

EDIT: Here are some things I noticed that are wrong with the game. I'm not a Beta Tester, though, but I like to help:

~1. In New Bark Town, the fat man says "Yo, [PLAYER]!I hear Prof. Elm disoverd some new Pokemon!". Discoverd, it's supposed to be discovered.

~2. In Elm's Pokemon Research Lab, Elm says "It's Intriguing, but were busy with our pokemon research... Wait!". Were, it's supposed to be we're. And pokemon, it's supposed to be Pokemon, with a capital. Also, "could you go in my place", there should be a capital and a period at the end of the sentence. Again, in Elm's lab, he says "Pokemons", but it should be Pokemon's.

~3. Cherrygrove City, a Lass says "He'll put a map of Jhoto on your Pokegear." It is spelled Johto, not Jhoto.

~4. This is the most crucial thing, the Rival is Wally. I'll give you some Sprites.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
I can supply you with much better Sprites than the current ones. I'll send them in soon.

EDIT: Here are some things I noticed that are wrong with the game. I'm not a Beta Tester, though, but I like to help:

~1. In New Bark Town, the fat man says "Yo, [PLAYER]!I hear Prof. Elm disoverd some new Pokemon!". Discoverd, it's supposed to be discovered.

~2. In Elm's Pokemon Research Lab, Elm says "It's Intriguing, but were busy with our pokemon research... Wait!". Were, it's supposed to be we're. And pokemon, it's supposed to be Pokemon, with a capital. Also, "could you go in my place", there should be a capital and a period at the end of the sentence. Again, in Elm's lab, he says "Pokemons", but it should be Pokemon's.

~3. Cherrygrove City, a Lass says "He'll put a map of Jhoto on your Pokegear." It is spelled Johto, not Jhoto.

~4. This is the most crucial thing, the Rival is Wally. I'll give you some Sprites.

1 2 and 3: sorry. i'm dislexic.

4. i need tons of sprites including the rivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back